Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default XXX-S and JRXS at ROAR Nationals

I searched high an low in every pit area, I did not find another XXX-S besides mine. Every Losi car I saw was a JRXS.

I was very surprised our big local race this fall was won by a XXX-S and I thought some people were having better luck on asphalt with the XXX-S.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

imjonah, if the faster racers in your area stick with their XXX-S cars then it will continue to win, if they get a JRX-S, then it will be the new fastest car.

Some thoughts from Obe'wan.....

When the car we like wins it's because of the car, when one we don't like wins, it's 90% driver.

Some who have only raced "a few times" can tell how a car will perform from looking at pics of it on the internet.

, Jim
Old 10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
imjonah, if the faster racers in your area stick with their XXX-S cars then it will continue to win, if they get a JRX-S, then it will be the new fastest car.

When the car we like wins it's because of the car, when one we don't like wins, it's 90% driver.

Some who have only raced "a few times" can tell how a car will perform from looking at pics of it on the internet.

, Jim
Man this is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

, Jim
You mean that since I got the JRXS I'm not going to drive like Hodge or Francis ... I thought that's what happens.

Shucks - time to get an HPI
Old 10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

, Jim
Sure...sure...thing is I don't see any advantages that over ride a simple and easy chassis to tear down and maintain. Something that's durable and easy to work on. Since the pros have been using the JRX-S, I don't see them doing much with it. At the pro or at the local level. Yea, it's the driver, but then that would just confirm what I'm saying. It's easy to see that it's not making a difference. Yes, it's not bad, but is it so much better than a simple designed tc? That should come out at the pro level and I don't see it. Yea, I'm no engineer, but I can make observations and I do have a nack for knowing what the masses want at a club level. Back in the HPI's forum, during the release of the Pro 2, back then I was asking for what the current crop of TCs are now. My predictions haven't been wrong about a product yet. I applaud Losi for giving us something new, but it's not worth a chassis with no room, no durability, too many screws to fix a tweak, and now three upper decks to get it done. Again that just my opinion and it means nothing. I just think a cf XXX-S could be as good or better as anything out there today. With a similar design it would be way easier car to work on and maintain. The XXX-S was a stroke of genius. I wish they would have evolved it, but instead they discontinue it. What about the new person that gets into the hobby. Those people are the masses, and yes they want something easy to work on, maintain and durable. I think one reason why the XXX-S is so easy to drive is that it is stable and it doesn't transition weight so quickly. I want something that is durable, quick/easy to make setup adjustments, that easy to drive, easy to maintain and fix. A revised cf XXX-S would fit the mold and I know it would sell at the local level. Just my opinion and this should not prevent people from getting a JRX-S, well, not until a revised XXX-S comes out. I love to debate my opinions, that's all.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
....I applaud Losi for giving us something new, but it's not worth a chassis with no room, no durability, too many screws to fix a tweak, and now three upper decks to get it done. Again that just my opinion...
I wanna buy some of the drugs your on! All kidding aside...

Any chassis that can hold a Tekin G-11 AND a Spektrum transiever doesn't have space issues. There are plenty of other championship winning sedans with durability issues (just buy or make a good bumper). I hit the hardest out of my local crew (suicide line/every lap) and not once has my JRXS EVER become tweaked. Finally, that rear motor prototype is just that .... a prototype. If it ends up being faster than the current JRXS, it'll be just one more car you'll have to consider.

I too enjoy arguing my point of view, almost as much as smushing yours into submission!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default First laps with my JRXS

Sunday was my first time out with my new car--was I amazed.
After months of read all that was bad about the car I was worried
that this Losi maybe be a disappointment--but no it is a great car and
you that think otherwises should drive it before you knock it.
I have race all of Losis tc starting with the street weapon--2xxxs so
I have a lot of faith in them and this one is by far the best tc I have
driven--you don't know what your missing if you have not driven one.
A very good xray driver gave it a try and he too was inpressed by the
way it handled.

Drive it before you Knock it clowns!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Team Losi has been known to create some different things and the JRXS is one of them. We just dare to be different. We could of made a graphite plate version of our XXX-S but what is that. You look at all indy or F1 cars.....the weight is all down the middle. If we do decide to produce the rear engine car there will only be one top deck and not three. As for getting your old XXX-S back.. you could always run the HB, XRAY or Tamiya. They are close to the same layout except they are graphite plated cars.
Hi Todd, sorry.. I think its 50% correct,
"...You look at all indy or F1 cars.....the weight is all down the middle..."
yeah, it centered but indy or F1 team engineer may take easy way never think about short arm, never seen any Indy and F1 cars with short arm (proportionaly)..

"..As for getting your old XXX-S back.. you could always run the HB, XRAY or Tamiya. They are close to the same layout except they are graphite plated cars.."
sadly, reality (sometimes) hurts.. thinking JRXS is huge improvement, then out there some refine something you ever had, then beat all others including yours with things you called 'old weapon'...

good point it pushes you all in team losi into higher level, a lot more pototype job in the shop to do (new BK spec Arm, upper Arm, Motor Layout, etc.)
..more than other team do in one season, maybe more than you do on prev. XXX-S,

2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL, Corally put 7 cars in the main, then 2 Xrays and 1 Losi...
hope that next year (new) JRXS will attract more competitive customer, more newbie and more appearance on main..

Anyway, goodluck Todd and everyone at Team Losi...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SrRC
Its amazing machine...

After months of read all that was bad about the car I was worried that this Losi maybe be a disappointment--but no it is a great car and you that think otherwises should drive it before you knock it.
don't worry, please be positive thinking, some actually only critisize it,

I have race all of Losis tc starting with the street weapon--2xxxs ...
me too..

way it handled.:
Did you think he will switch from Xray for JRXS after the impressive test drive?

Think before you buy something you would drive buddy...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks rcracingkid, we will try it this weekend.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Red RSX
Hi Todd, sorry.. I think its 50% correct,
"...You look at all indy or F1 cars.....the weight is all down the middle..."
yeah, it centered but indy or F1 team engineer may take easy way never think about short arm, never seen any Indy and F1 cars with short arm (proportionaly)..

"..As for getting your old XXX-S back.. you could always run the HB, XRAY or Tamiya. They are close to the same layout except they are graphite plated cars.."
sadly, reality (sometimes) hurts.. thinking JRXS is huge improvement, then out there some refine something you ever had, then beat all others including yours with things you called 'old weapon'...

good point it pushes you all in team losi into higher level, a lot more pototype job in the shop to do (new BK spec Arm, upper Arm, Motor Layout, etc.)
..more than other team do in one season, maybe more than you do on prev. XXX-S,

2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL, Corally put 7 cars in the main, then 2 Xrays and 1 Losi...
hope that next year (new) JRXS will attract more competitive customer, more newbie and more appearance on main..

Anyway, goodluck Todd and everyone at Team Losi...
You mention that is the most prototyping anyone has ever done in a year. Where have you been? Tamiya comes out with 3 or 4 mods per year and then they also have two seperate cars that they run. Xray....yes they have the FK05....after not making the main at the Worlds they designed a completely new car in hopes to be more competitive. I am not baggin on any of these companies. I am just pointing out how competitive this market is and what you have to do to keep up. We came out with something totally different and we are learning about it a lot.

Onroad Nationals-True...yes there were seven cars in the main however Corally's US distributorship is in Florida so that car is extremely popular down there. They have done a good job with promoting there car with drivers like Tossolini.

Last edited by Todd Hodge; 10-18-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

After months of read all that was bad about the car I was worried
that this Losi maybe be a disappointment--but no it is a great car and
you that think otherwises should drive it before you knock it.
I have race all of Losis tc starting with the street weapon--2xxxs so
I have a lot of faith in them and this one is by far the best tc I have
driven--you don't know what your missing if you have not driven one.
way it handled.

Hi SrRC
I have to agree with you BIG time about what you have writen, as I to took out my JRX-S for it first run after sorting the steering problem out, (it was because I had placed the drive-shaft into the wrong slot in the diff half DOH!!)
I went out for pratice with nearly a stock set-up, all I changed was the oil in the front shocks from 40 weight to 60 wieght. The car was very rear end happy and was quite hard to drive and thought had I made a mistake in going from a XXX-S to the JRX-S, I also thought of getting the Corally, but was faithful to the cause (really, everything in my pit box was imperial ) So I changed a few bits on the car.

1 degree rear hub carriers from 0 degree stock

Turned the front rear hinge pin block to lower centre of gravity

Changed the droop from 4 to 3 droop

What a transformation to the car it made, it went round on rails compared to the XXX-S Left it like that for the second round and was 3rd in the A, I new there was more in me and the car, and went another 3 seconds faster, but still made a few mistakes. went out on round 4 but put to much presure on myself and drove 9 seconds SLOWER and ended up 9th in the A, In the A, the car was real quick but the counting sytem was not picking up my transponder and showed I came in last but actually came 6th, but apart from that I am well pleased with the car
TCCFM

WHAT ARE THE LENGTH OF THE SHOCKS SUPPOSED TO BE IVE MADE THEM 62MM ALL ROUND, CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYWHERE IN THE BOOK OF WORDS A LEGNTH THERE SUPPOSED TO BE

I also have a massive teak in the car, even though I released the screws within the car and then re-tightened them, it still comes out at the same tweak, anybody got any sugestions please
Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd, do you have an ETA on those arms yet? I would like to get a complete set to compliment the ones that someone was so nice to hook me up with in my time of need.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

injonah, in response to your post about the Fall Classic race in CO being won by a XXX-s, that is incorrect. The Mod Touring A main was won by a JRXS not a XXX-s per your earlier post. I also still own my XXX-s G+ which is still a
fine car, but I also have JRXS and it is a much better handling car than my XXX-s. So my vote goes to the JRXS. I also still race both cars in stock and mod at our lhs in Ft. Collins
Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Hi SrRC
I also have a massive teak in the car, even though I released the screws within the car and then re-tightened them, it still comes out at the same tweak, anybody got any sugestions please
Trakside Trucke, I have seen a few JRX-S's that are tweaked out of the box same as mine. that's because Losi's quality control, I believe, is not up to par.
The way to fix it is to lay a straight edge on the bottom of the chassis away from any screws and see which corner is bowed up. when you find the corner take a couple of motor shims and place them under the bulkhead and then screw the bulkhead down tight. hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.