Team Losi JRXS

Old 09-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Not many pics of your JRX-S in here
Old 09-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can you make me a short list of the most common spares to have for the JRXS?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Arms, steering knuckles and rear hubs.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

I have a Team TC4 that is OK, but I like the design of the JRXS and it seems to be having good success. Thus, I am interested in getting one of these as well. However, before I make the investment, I'd like to hear from people who have used both the TC4 and the JRXS, particularly with respect to the potential to damage the cars.

I am still learning to drive fast and have had a few "incidents" involving curbs and fence posts that resulted (separately) in replacement of a front suspension arm and a steering knuckle. So far that is all the chassis damage I have done, which is fairly amazing given some of the rather dramatic crashes the car has experienced.

Based on this, am I likely to break lots more parts on the JRXS? Should I wait until my driving is more consistent or will the JRXS stand up to this (hopefully decreasing) level of abuse with the same modest level of broken parts?

TIA,
Ira
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default to Iblumberg...

i am sure in the 263 forum pages on the jrxs alone, you'll find the pro's and con's of each car and their weak points. any cars front end is weak if you clip it or take it to a wall. myself, im a tc4 kinda guy, but i won't knock the JRXs. i loved the old Street Weapon back in the day...

the TC4 suits my driving style, and i learned how to tune it. I am sure JRXs owners would say the same thing in reverse about the car. if i didnt have tons of spare parts, id prob try the JRXs.

its like comparing ford vs. chevy. some say one car is better for bumpy tracks, some say ones better for carpet etc etc.... find you niche and buy one..

do this, go to your local track, see if anyone is willing to let you "try" out a car and get a feel. also see what your local track or hobbyshop supports, because sometimes that can play a big factor ... if you can get replacement parts for something broken quick enough... and lastly ask around.

No one car is really any better than any other, maybe in some design here and there, but.. honestly you can go wrong with either.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tex1
All of that coming from someone that likes SPINNERS???

LOL, I can tell your from the south, you know what they say comes from Texas right? Steers and queers, which one are you? lol

It's all fun and games until you get your sister pregnant!

~LA
Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

JRXS bill- see ya this weekend. It's sure to be a blast. I may offer up the Losi challenge again.....LOL
Old 09-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iblumberg
I have a Team TC4 that is OK, but I like the design of the JRXS and it seems to be having good success. Thus, I am interested in getting one of these as well. However, before I make the investment, I'd like to hear from people who have used both the TC4 and the JRXS, particularly with respect to the potential to damage the cars........

TIA,
Ira
Hey Ira, I think you will be impressed with the Losi. I switched from AE to Losi when the first JRX-S got here. I have not owned a TC4 but 2 of my team run them and they are definately a good car. The Losi requires a different approach to setup and driving, but once you get it sorted the car is great.
I can't really comment on durability, I don't hit things very often so I am yet to break a part on it, which is good because I don't have ANY spares in my pit box, not even a spur gear!!! I have had a few hard hits though and it seems to take it as well as any other car I have owned.
Hope this helps...
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scho
Not many pics of your JRX-S in here
Check out the galleries on JRXS.com
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Well I was gonna start to rebuild my diffs. when I noticed that I lost the lil' squeeze tube that Losi included with the car. What's everybody using in there diff? Thrust assembly? I'm doing the carpet thing.
I'll be heading to the lhs tomorrow. So just wanna know if there's anything out there betta than the Losi lube.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I use ae stealth lube for my diffs and the black ae grease for my thrusts. It shouldn't really matter what brand you get, just as long as it's used for the proper application.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
The shocks work relly good I think. As long as there is no air. like the previous post said.
Homie, what ch'a doin man. running a little electric onroad.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I use ae stealth lube for my diffs and the black ae grease for my thrusts. It shouldn't really matter what brand you get, just as long as it's used for the proper application.
DITTO !!!!

I've been using this same stuff for years on my G+ and off-road stuff.

Brant
Old 09-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

ahh crap... i've heard the rumors about this car but thought they were just rumors...

Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RussB
ahh crap... i've heard the rumors about this car but thought they were just rumors...

JRXS.COM has a few up close images of the JRXS Prototype

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.