Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
I think he used the white o-rings that are included in the kit. You got the BK Brackets already? If not you can get them from POOKYT.
There was two different size O rings from the kit, big thin ones and small thick ones. Neither of which when you go by the setup fit in there right. Yes I got the brackets, I made my own. Another question I have is the rear link. I Have the long neck ballstud in the A hole of the hub. The problem is if I use the #6 hole on the tower there is no way in hell of getting the camber he is saying you should have. Am I looking at the holes on the tower wrong or is he cutting the ball cups to get it to work right? The way I'm looking at the holes on the tower #6 is the outside middle row, is this correct? Sorry for all the questions but it is late and I'm not comprehending this stuff right now!! I will go to bed now and hopefully have an answer by morning when I awake and am refreshed!!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
There was two different size O rings from the kit, big thin ones and small thick ones. Neither of which when you go by the setup fit in there right. Yes I got the brackets, I made my own. Another question I have is the rear link. I Have the long neck ballstud in the A hole of the hub. The problem is if I use the #6 hole on the tower there is no way in hell of getting the camber he is saying you should have. Am I looking at the holes on the tower wrong or is he cutting the ball cups to get it to work right? The way I'm looking at the holes on the tower #6 is the outside middle row, is this correct? Sorry for all the questions but it is late and I'm not comprehending this stuff right now!! I will go to bed now and hopefully have an answer by morning when I awake and am refreshed!!

Hi Yeti35,

The 2 o-rings that are used in the Josh Numan setup are the normal shock o-rings that come with the kit. The larger and thinner o-rings belong in the ride height adjusment collar.

With the camber link position, YES you do have to cut the ball cups (approx 1/8" off each ball cup/end) to get the right length.

I have tried the Numan setup and it's very good (for rubbers on outdoor asphalt and concrete tracks), however, my new personal preference is the Steve Weiss's setup (aka "The Evicerator or Skuba Steve), I feel that it just gives more grip all round. But it's MY opinion only. You'll just have to try it and see what you think.

The only other thing depending on the track layout and conditions, you might want to change the rear springs to 12.5lbs. But again it's a personal preference.

Hope this helps mate.

Leonard.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Where can i find Steve Weiss's Setup, i would like to try as well, i did try the Numan Setup worked well at my track but i need to use a stiffer spring in the read and front since my track has very little grip and i think that Numan's setup is more for a track with more grip...

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Here's the setup I ran at the Reedy Race in case anyone is interested...

FRONT SUSPENSION
Toe In/Out - +1 degree
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1.5 degree
Kick - 0
Caster - 4 degree
Pulley - 41F
Front Drive - Spool
Diff Height - Low
Sway Bar - None
Front Pivot - 0 w/ custom -1 deg inner pivot supports for 1' arm sweep w/ narrower track (1' block can be used w/ standard blocks for similar geometry)
Roll Center - High
# of shims under front blocks - 0
Shock Tower - Low
Center Drive - Spool
Drive Shaft - LCD w/ Bearings
Camber Ball Stud - Short Neck
Shock Position - #1 at Top and in BK bracket
Camber Link Position - inbetween 1 and 2
Hex - Standard
Drive Axle - BK bones
Ackerman - #2 (belcranks moved back 0.150" in top deck)
Bump Steer - 5 0.030" washers on each spindle
Drag Link Location - Above
Droop - 10 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" back from full front
Shock Oil - 40wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya
Above Bladder - nothing
Spring - 15

REAR SUSPENSION
Toe In - 2 degrees
Ride Ht - 5mm
Camber - Neg 1 degree
Shock Position - #2 top and in BK bracket (BK bracket attached at outer hole in arm)
Camber Link Position - #8(Used TC3 rear hub carriers in inside lower hole)
Hub - 0 degree
Hex - Stock TL
Drive Axle - CVD w/ bk bones (bearings)
Camber Ball Stud - short neck
Shock Tower - Low
Diff Height - low
Sway Bar - None
Rear Pivot - 2
Roll Center - high
# of shims under blocks - 0 (no antisquat)
Droop - 9 mm above ride height
Arm Spacing - 0.040" from full back
Shock Oil - 35wt TL
Shock Piston - 667
O-rings in Cartridge - 1
Bladder - Tamiya black
Above Bladder - Nothing
Spring - 10.5 lb

Misc.
Ran Stratus 3.0 AP and Ride Accord bodies

I'm sure I forgot something...let me know if you have any questions!

Steve's setup as requested. Enjoy. I did.

If your local track has very low grip, you might also want to try removing the 4 posts in the rear of the car. (slightly more flex = more grip)

Hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Yeti35,

The 2 o-rings that are used in the Josh Numan setup are the normal shock o-rings that come with the kit. The larger and thinner o-rings belong in the ride height adjusment collar.

With the camber link position, YES you do have to cut the ball cups (approx 1/8" off each ball cup/end) to get the right length.
Ok, that clears up the O ring issue. I knew something had to be done differently for the camber link to work. I was looking at that last night and was like WTF!! I appreciate you getting back to me. So I will now go and complete this setup and see what happens tomorrow at the track!! I guess this setup will be great up until I have to run in LV. After that I will be looking for a good rubber on carpet setup for the car!!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default Single O's v. Double O's

What is the difference between running shocks w/ double o-rings w/ a cut cartridge and a single o-ring w/ a full cartridge? I don't know if this has been answered and I really don't feel like reading through 250 pages..

Anyone? Thanks!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D
What is the difference between running shocks w/ double o-rings w/ a cut cartridge and a single o-ring w/ a full cartridge? I don't know if this has been answered and I really don't feel like reading through 250 pages..

Anyone? Thanks!
I would be interested to hear about that as well. I know it is a tuning option but don't know what it does either. Most setups seem to have it just as an uncut single O ring though.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Yeti35

Thanks again wil let you know how it went
Old 08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

From what I understand it is like adding more dampening yet not gaining any more pack in the proccess.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R.Ellis
Yeti35

Thanks again wil let you know how it went
Umm, thanks for what? It wasn't me who gave you the setup, it was Dirty Dog.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default this might be easier

Where can i find Steve Weiss's Setup, i would like to try as well, i did try the Numan Setup worked well at my track but i need to use a stiffer spring in the read and front since my track has very little grip and i think that Numan's setup is more for a track with more grip...

Thanks in Advance
You can look here
steve's set up (printable)
Old 08-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

sorry about that got my names mixed up!!!

THANK YOU DIRTYDOG3375

i guess i have to give credit where credit is do.....
Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Balancing Tools

I noticed in the latest Xtreme Rc Car mag a article by Todd Hodge how to get the tweak out. I noticed he has the chassis balancing on tools similar to the Hudy ones. I am curious as to what holes he is using for this? I do not see any holes in the bottom of the chassis for this like there is in an Xray. Also whose balancing tools are those?

Later,
Old 08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

sorry about that got my names mixed up!!!

THANK YOU DIRTYDOG3375

i guess i have to give credit where credit is do.....
Thanks, but the REAL credit should go to Steve Weiss!!!

For the great setup that is absolutely dialled!!! Great work Steve.

Cheers,
Leonard.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCR
You can look here
steve's set up (printable)
Unfortunately I cannot read all of Steve's setup sheet. Does anyone have a higher res version of it? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.