Team Losi JRXS

Old 06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I have heard a rumor that Team Losi has ditched the Jrxs and has started to work on a new car. Is this a true rumor?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nice way to waste your first post.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattFrag
I have heard a rumor that Team Losi has ditched the Jrxs and has started to work on a new car. Is this a true rumor?
Matt,

Simply...You need to read this forum string and the Ask Hodgimoto string to answer that for yourself.

Bill
Old 06-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Caster...until someone else that knows for sure posts this should hold you by. On carpet more caster gave more on power/less turn in steering but on asphalt I think it can work backwards.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

If thats true I'm ditching TC for good this time
Old 06-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
Caster...until someone else that knows for sure posts this should hold you by. On carpet more caster gave more on power/less turn in steering but on asphalt I think it can work backwards.
I had a factory guy tell me once about caster and this was during carpet pan car racing. But I have found it to be true in offroad as well as asphalt sedans. He said think about the front casters on a shopping cart. The axel is further back from the top location so that when you move the cart the casters want to rotate and go in a trailing position. The closer the upper top location to the axel( read less caster) the less apt the wheel is to straighten itself out. I have always found this to be true in that the less castor I run the more steering I gain but it may be twitchy. The more caster I run the smoother the car is and I may loose some steering. On my old BK1 buggy I usually ran 25 deg. front block on our loose track and it gained me some steering over the 30deg. blocks. But later we had our indoor track with med. to high bite and the less caster was twitchy and unpredictable. On these sedans we are running do not forget to account for the hinge pin angle as well as the carrier for your total front caster. 2 deg. kick-up and 4 deg. blocks give you 6 deg. of neg. caster. Just my observations. This may be a little confusing as when I say less caster I mean going from say a -4 deg. block to a -2 deg. block. We usually call the blocks by the number on them and skip the negative part. Remember the straighter the pin the more steering and the further back the pin leans then the less it has generally. Either that or I am completly bass ackwards!!!!

Brant
Old 06-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Makes cents to me
Old 06-19-2005, 10:21 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Ultimate Hobbies in Orange has both the battery tray and one-way in stock, But I know the trays have already been there since wednesday so they might only have a few left.

they offer free shipping over 49.99, and the one-way is 50

I picked up one of the trays there, I'm impressed, it does the job and all my batteries work with it, the slight added weight is irrelevent, becasue thats where you'd want the weight anyways, I kinda wish they sold colored ones though

Pooky where are my bars

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
JRX-S BILL:
The ones Sheldons had a week ago only had 1 hub not 2 that were required for assembly.... EVERYONE I LOOKED AT!!!!!! Hobbytown USA San Jose has the one-way in stock.

Any ETA on the battery tray ???????????
Old 06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pooky, actually it's not negative caster. It's just caster. There is never ever ever a need for the kingpin to lean forward.

Typically, assuming you are already on a decent setup and the combination is close, less caster gives more turn-in but less mid and exit while more caster gives a little less turn-in and more mid/exit. The problem is that the fast guys are obviously smoother than us slow guys so the effects they feel are often slightly different from what we feel. Reason being that the smoother you enter a turn (and exit) the more chance the suspension has to roll and set the tires and suspension for the turn. We typically tend to snap-steer which gives a different reaction from the car. First of all we are breaking the traction circle right off the bat so not only are we pushing the front tires for the entry of the turn but we have set the camber rise so when the car scrubs enough speed to "catch-up" to the steering angle it has to then re-establish the traction cirle and will normally grab and try to kick the rear around. So we end up tuning our cars to deal with our poor driving style. This is the reason that when we drive a factory racer's car we think it has WAAAY too much steering and it feels really twitchy.

One not Pooky- on your grocery cart story- I've heard the same thing, but that really just explains how caster works. When related to cars whether it be small or full size there are many more factors that come into play. Probably the most important being the camber rise affected by the caster angle.

Hope this helps a little. My communication skills aren't the best but I try.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Pooky, actually it's not negative caster. It's just caster. There is never ever ever a need for the kingpin to lean forward.

Typically, assuming you are already on a decent setup and the combination is close, less caster gives more turn-in but less mid and exit while more caster gives a little less turn-in and more mid/exit. The problem is that the fast guys are obviously smoother than us slow guys so the effects they feel are often slightly different from what we feel. Reason being that the smoother you enter a turn (and exit) the more chance the suspension has to roll and set the tires and suspension for the turn. We typically tend to snap-steer which gives a different reaction from the car. First of all we are breaking the traction circle right off the bat so not only are we pushing the front tires for the entry of the turn but we have set the camber rise so when the car scrubs enough speed to "catch-up" to the steering angle it has to then re-establish the traction cirle and will normally grab and try to kick the rear around. So we end up tuning our cars to deal with our poor driving style. This is the reason that when we drive a factory racer's car we think it has WAAAY too much steering and it feels really twitchy.

One not Pooky- on your grocery cart story- I've heard the same thing, but that really just explains how caster works. When related to cars whether it be small or full size there are many more factors that come into play. Probably the most important being the camber rise affected by the caster angle.

Hope this helps a little. My communication skills aren't the best but I try.

Thanks for the little deeper explanation there BigDog! Waz up?....Did they kick you out of the X-Ray forum? LMAO

Brant
Old 06-20-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Nice thoughts BigDog.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:19 AM
TLRacing

Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

nice post BD....
one thing Im not sure on tho....how does caster affect camber gain? I know body roll would, but I really dont understand how caster could. I think the biggest change it makes, other than the king pin angle, is the change in wheel loads as the steering goes thru its travel, with 0 caster there would be no change in wheel rates, but as you increase caster the difference can be quite dramatic, and the farther the wheels turn the bigger the change....

pookyt....he isnt kicked out of the xray thread....we have a lil program there where from time to time, a lil information is spread to the other threads by traveling ministers or teachers.....
Old 06-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah that rumor is about as true as my ocean front property that I own in Idaho.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

I heard the same from a reliable source. Kinda like how all the team guys use the XX4 instead of the XXX-4?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.