R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #5596
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cannon i have told you before stop stirring the americans
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #5597
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

FBJ - at last a sensible voice. No I was very careful to make sure the diffs were not over tightened. I was actually just testing the car so that I could tighten the diff up for racing when the plastic side shattered. I hope you enjoy your Losi. I am driving an RDX and very happy.

Besercoe - behave yourself or no fast batteries
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:39 AM   #5598
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Originally Posted by cannon
GTI racer .... if you think the kit is the major cost in racing then you haven't been racing long.

I go racing for the enjoyment. The enjoyment comes from racing the car and adjusting set up to get the best results. Enjoyment doesn't come from a kit with missing parts, outdated battery trays and inferior parts. While I like the concept of the Losi, the execution was pathetic. Other manufacturers have adapted their kits to suit the larger cells for all kits sold from now on. (eg XRay, Yokomo) yet Losi releases the car full well knowing that it will not fit the current range of cells. They should at least be giving everyone the new battery tray, not charging for it.

I emailed Todd Hodge and got a lame reply stating that when the car was designed there was only 3300 cells. Yet the car was released AFTER 3700 cells were available.

As fior growing up, I am now driving a fantastic RDX (went together like a dream) and I wouldn't inflict the Losi on some poor unsuspecting racer. As darkseid stated, it is my choice what I do with the car. I decided that it deserved to be in the garbage

And no I am not rich, just a person who likes good quality products.
300+ dollar is major to me and i would guess most people. I know other things like the radio, batteries, motors, tires ect..are most of the cost of racing plus gas and traveling. I just bought JRXS and had no problems. All my pack are 3300's and while new batteries did come out, the JRXS has been on tracks since last year. The still have not released the new battery tray yet.Am i mad about it? Why, its a high end kit but it didnt cost as much as a TRF 415, RDX, XRAY..So i have to spend 25.00 to fit new 3700..SO..Still less than others. True you spent you money and deserve quality, but it still stupid to destroy the car and throw it away because of some percieved wrong doing from the company. Look at it this way..Losi made their money..you threw yours away being childish. I dont care who you are its still dumb.
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:43 AM   #5599
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wrong thread
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:47 AM   #5600
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

Originally Posted by cannon
WED Jim..... the difference is I am not a Losi suck up...err team driver so I don't have to tow the line "Losi is good, Losi is the best" I buy my cars retail so I can express a "free" opinion

Your sarcasm is woeful. I thought you lived in the land of free speech. So aren't we allowed to say that we think the car is sh%#
I too buy my cars retail. Im not sponcered..you are probably a better driver than me since i dont have much time to race. Ive never owned a Losi Touring car before the JRXS..I was a fan of ASSOCIATED. But I saw the potential and like the design of this car. The RDX is a hot car too. Didnt win a major class at Reedt though. JRXS won OPEN Mod and TC4 won Invite. The JRXS should have placed based or your experience. Wait wheres the trash,,Ill buy an RDX instead
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:35 AM   #5601
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The funniest thing is that I made a comment on my experiences with the JRXS and all I have had in reply is personal insults.(darkseid & FBJ excluded). Is it any wonder that I feel that you guys are totally one eyed.

For a top end kit, mine had parts missing and wrong parts included. At least other manufacturers actually give a few extra parts in the kit (screws, E clips etc so that you don't have a problem.

Yes I have responded to the insults of TCR... who wouldn't.

BTW....looks like James has a major problem. maybe more quality control problems. Maybe we should make a list... battery tray, rear toe in, large number of missing parts,chassis tweak?

Anyhow, enough, enjoy your car. I am enjoying mine
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 AM   #5602
Tech Addict

Personally I think it's very important to have honest opinions on the cars on this forum. People might make their decisions on whether to buy the car or not, and if people have had experiences with parts missing etc. then it might put them off and rightly so if this isn't just a one-off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm glad cannon has mentioned his thought because I am currently thinking about buying a JRX-S and it has given me something else to think about.

IMO it is not cannon who is being childish letting his opinions be seen, it's the people who have slated him for not liking the car!
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:03 AM   #5603
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default JRXS Problems

I have had my JRXS for a couple months now and have had no problems. No tweak issues, no toe-in problems no battery issues and no missing or damaged parts.

I have had nothing but a great experience with my JRXS. There is always going to be unhappy people with every car. This isn't right, that isn't correct, this was missing, this was wrong, this was deffective, etc...

They are just toy cars for fun, pick your favorite and just go race and let you and your car of choice do the talking on the track.

CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:05 AM   #5604
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

wheres the love?
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-boxydis.jpg  
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #5605
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Just have a question about the open ended ball cups that some of the team drivers are using. Do the Shock ends (A5321) fit? I have not built my car yet, but was wondering in advance. Also, I was wondering if a servo saver is necessary, or can you just use the servo horn that comes with the car? I have just bought a Airtronics 94758Z digital servo and was just curious what everyone else was doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get this car built!!!
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:29 AM   #5606
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
That sounds like a good idea! Right now I can only get a 37 tooth pinion on before it rubs the servo arm.

Get a hold of the 118T spur.
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 AM   #5607
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by James605
I need help with my losi jrsx. I just got it together and the chassis wont stay flat. Its off by alot. Has anyone else came across this problem yet? I asked a couple racers at a local track and they said they maybe contact Losi about getting another one? Just wanting some suggestions on what to do or if anyone can offer me some help
Man I am so glad to hear this. I have the same issue. Mine isn't so severe,
2-3mm tweak right/front-left/rear. I have dis-assembled this thing so many times, I could build one of them blindfolded. I have not glued my top plates,
bulkheads check out w/a micrometer. All parts are spot on. It is in my chassis.
Hodge sent me some rear blocks to fix the toe probmem,that helped.But can't
offer an answer as to the tweak. On every right turn,car is very loose.Turns
left just fine. Very un-stable in transitions.I have a series race this weekend and would like to get this fixed.
JRXSBMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #5608
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to Rocket Ronbo

The shock ends are 5-40 sized and will not work with the stock tie-rods. We are using the sway bar ends, which are sized for 4-40.

As for servo saver I have been using the kit supplied horn on my JR servo and I have not had a problem as of yet. Of course your results may vary (But I have been known to hit things rather hard)

Did you go to the Off-road Worlds in your country in 1989? I finished 10th in 2wd, just for reference to how long I have been playing with "toy cars".

Did you really run over your car with your real car? This is because the battery tray was made for 3300's, and diff shattered?
My first question is did you hit anything? Not trying to be funny but it is a fair question. If you hit something, did you have the chassis set screws (the one's in the sway-bar mounts) installed and adjusted properly? These keep the wheel travel from raising too high and letting the lcd/cvd binding the outside edge of the diff cup and breaking the cup on impacts.

If you did not hit something then maybe you got a bad part, or during the assembly it was too tight. Again not trying to "flame" just asking the questions.

I have raced Losi, Yokomo, Kyosho, Tamiya, Associated, Trinity, Serpent, and Mugen, On and Off road, all cars have there good and bad points, and it is ok to decide not to buy or run a car.

But if your statement is true (running over your car and tossing it in the bin) so be it. But your post seemed to be just to stir up the thread, since you stated "most unprofessional kit" and then finished it with "let the flames begin".

Rocket Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #5609
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

James, JRXSbman, Probably the best way to correct a problem with a manufacturers product is to contact the manufacturer about it. If there is a way for us to help on the forum, we will of course, but a defective part most likely would be tuff to repair on the internet.

Of the 12 JRX-S cars i've biult so far(for customers), I have yet to find a missing part, or defective chassis, I did have two cars with bad hubs and have gotten FREE replacements, but i'm sure there may be some issues, all of which are or will be handled by TeamLosi/Horizon. Just as they would be and are by A/E /Thunder Tiger, X Ray, Corally, Jammin, etc. The best thing about all the good competition is that all the manufacturers have stepped up thier customer service.

For example, for my Jammin X1 they have since it's release come out with an improved fuel tank, engines mounts and steering tubes.

Having biult scale cars both professionally and for my own use, over a span of 20 years, from Tamiya, Kyosho, Serpent, Corally, AYK/Race Prep, Yokomo, Thunder Tiger, Associated, Marui, Composite Craft, Bolink, Parma, Fine Design, Mugen, Ofna, Jammin, TeamLosi, Traxxas, Schumacher, Hirobo, Cox, GS, J Concepts and a few others i'm probably forgetting. None are perfect, but most are 95% of the time or more. What is more important is how they handle problems when they do arise!

After owning hobby shops, being a manufacturer and being very involved in the industry for 15 of the 20 years i've been racing, there is one thing that is always consistent. Most people bashing a product, likely have never even owned that product. It happens at the track a little, but on the Internet ALOT.
The internet is supposed to be a place to talk about likes and dislikes, or to get help with settings or problems. It has become a place to hide behind a keyboard and try to make yourself feel better about your own choices, while trying to make anyone who feels differently feel bad about thier choice. Then when they try to defend thier choice, in their forum, the new goal is to make them feel bad about defending thier choice. You can even take it as far as insulting their home country if needed, since we're all on the "world wide web". But, the main goal is still to try and make them feel bad, since you can remain mostly anonymous. This is not exclusive to R/C, but any topic discussed on the WWW.
But the Telephone or mail is still the only way to get real problems with products solved.

....Ok, i'm stepping off the soap box now.........Jim
www.wedjim.com ...Closed down due to heavy gov't regulation? Or something like that.

"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #5610
Regional Moderator
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

cannon- Dude, why even bother trying to defend yourself here. As I said to you earlier, no one here has the right to tell you that your experience with the car wasn't as bad as you discribed it. They also don't have the right to tell YOU how upset YOU should be that something YOU spent YOUR money on wasn't correct. They don't have the right.....but they will anyway!

Look, no matter how many tweak complaints, missing parts issues, off toe-in issues, or in my case, battery issues that get discribed here, most....not all....but most......people here aren't going to hear it. All they hear is "go Losi go". These days on the message boards, if you have a complaint about something...anything...its bashing. You really weren't missing a part, your tweak really wasn't off, your toe really wasn't screwed up, to most of these 'experts', your just someone looking to cause trouble.

So why even bother, theres a lot of great kits out there. But from what I have seen, even though I stuck with my JRX-S (through my early complaints) long enough to realize that I love the handling of this car, I still don't see anything thats going to send all the other cars running home to mama...

RDX...FK05...Yok BD...Mi2...theres so many good choices out there. So try picking one of those up and see how you like them, cause trust me, trying to get people here to listen to legitimate complaints, is like trying to pull teeth. And ultimately, it isn't worth your efforts.

Good luck...and good racing with which ever car you decide to go with.
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...

Last edited by Darkseid; 05-30-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote