Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default The next Losi Tourer?

I saw the pics and I'm a bit mystified at the new car. Two belts. Longer difs? Suspension arms from an HPI Pro 3?

This is joke, right? I bet the car in the pics is a "fake", like what Josh Cyrl did for Trinity a couple of years back, before they released the nitro car.

hb

Last edited by heftybone; 10-06-2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

heftybone- nah, i don't think this car is a fake, and the configuration is different to the pro3. Also, the arms are completely different, both in design and concept
Old 10-05-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

oh, btw.. the look of the car, while it really depends on personal taste. i think it's not bad, n for me the concept of central everything is the real appeal of the car.
as for suspension arms, well both arguments for long and short

arms are quite convincing, i guess we can only wait till the real thing arrives at local tracks and see what happens. although, i think in the right hands, both long and short arms can be driven very fast.

just a thought, do u guys think the xxx-s will be sold along this? or will this replace xxx-s? cause i can't see how this car can be transformed into an off-roader with such short arms
Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that Todd Hodge said the XXX-S was going to be continued but with this as their flagship tourer. I may be wrong tho
Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: The next Losi Tourer?

Originally posted by heftybone
I saw the pics and I'm a bit mystified at the new car. Two belts. Longer difs? Suspension arms from an HPI Pro 3?

This is joke, right? I bet the car in the pics is a "fake", like what Josh Cyrl did for Trinity a couple of years back, before the released the nitro car.

hb
Thqt car is real, i saw it with my own eyes and david spashett ran it on sunday...
Old 10-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hodge did say that because I'm the one that asked the question if Losi was continuing with the XXX-S.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have a better question for you....how will Losi offer this car as a RTR and not lose money....that to me means the XXXS will be around.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"I saw the pics and I'm a bit mystified at the new car. Two belts. Longer difs? Suspension arms from an HPI Pro 3?"

look closer and you'll see the Pro 3 had much longer arms. Look even closer than that and you'll see the car has nothing to do with a Pro3 except the weight down the middle design.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They could use GRP or something similar, glassfibre for the chassis and topdeck, this wouldn't make the car excessively flexible, and the alloy bits could be made out of plastic if they so wished. I would forsee the currect tourer running for a while (especially if they are running the xxx4).

The new tourer, got to have their reasons for the short arms, and would admit that the car has been built round the central weight distribution, so it would be interesting on how it would handle on all types of surface. You got to remember, that they sell more abroad than just the US, and in the UK, most are raced on less than perfect surfaces.

But it is good to see innovation in design.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

How many of you guys have physics and engineering degrees?

I don't mean to bash your opinions but the designers at Losi are more than qualified to undertake a project like this and undoubtedly will make sure that everything is up to TL's extremely high standards before anything is released. I personally know the guys responsible for Losi's race cars and they are diehard racers and some of the most well educated and intelligent people to wheel an R/C car.

Speculate all you'd like about how good this car will (or won't) work. Losi's reputation of producing quality race-winning cars isn't going anywhere..
Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

I completely agree Aaron. I know a bit about engineering and physics but I'm by no means an expert. I'm sure the Losi guys have done their homework

One thing I will mention though is that many many manufacturers make cars and if there was a correct way to do it they would all be the same.

HPI are a massively respected and established company yet I've still heard some people jacking in the Pro4 and going back to their old cars.

I'm sure the JRXS will be competitive and an amazing car for some people but there will always be some others who just don't get on with it
Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure teh engineers at HPi thought that when they designed the Pro 3 and the engineers at Kyosho when they designed the KX-One. I'm not saying your wrong, just something to consider. Also, often cars have other reasons for their design, just look at the XXX4, it wasn't purpose built. I know that's a different class, but my point is that often desings are compromised for costs, marketing, lack of time for testing, etc. I have faith that Losi will develop a great car, but its not blind faith.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Losi is no Kysho or hpi, there much more race orientated, and there R & D department is probably second to none.

Aarron maybe a losi driver, but he is 100% right on.

Originally posted by edseb
I'm sure teh engineers at HPi thought that when they designed the Pro 3 and the engineers at Kyosho when they designed the KX-One. I'm not saying your wrong, just something to consider. Also, often cars have other reasons for their design, just look at the XXX4, it wasn't purpose built. I know that's a different class, but my point is that often desings are compromised for costs, marketing, lack of time for testing, etc. I have faith that Losi will develop a great car, but its not blind faith.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Guys with all this talk about the Pro 3 by HPI I have to make a statement that even HPI made when the Pro4 and R40 came out.

The Pro,Pro2,Pro 3,RS4Nitro and Nitro 2 were NOT DESIGNED as actual race cars.They were built as more of a fun sedan with upgrade parts to make it RACEABLE.

The Pro 3 is actually a decent asphalt car but never had the TRUE R&D that Losi,Tamiya,AE,Xray,Corally and a handful of others companies have.

SO PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee.lol quit comparing this car to the Pro3 when the Pro3 was more designed on just a computer than the track itself.

The new losi has TONS of track time and lots of different people with hands on track time knowledge thrown in on the design unlike the Pro3 you guys keep comparing it to.

Simply not a fair judgement call.
Les
Old 10-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hate to tell you, but the Pro and the Pro2 are two of the best kits HPI has ever made. They were built for racing. Thats the cars I started with and I can say there is nothing sport about those kits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.