Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ginsu
As a huge fan of Losi I was as anxious for the new car to come out as anyone. I witnessed firsthand how the car performed at the Snowbirds. Locally sales have been so dismal that the hobby shop here is sending six brand new kits back to Horizon because of lackluster or NO sales. Can Todd shed some insight as to sales? I really want this car to succeed, but question how it stacks up in terms of sales and wins. One usaully helps drive the other........Has Losi won a premiere event yet with the JRXS?
I was/am in the same boat. I did see the car run at Cleveland last year and quite frankly, it was my opinion that this would be THE car to have (at least on carpet- but to me, thats all that matters). I have also heard NUMEROUS "rumors" that "this or that" team guy left because the car doesnt work.. I have also noticed that some races it just seemed to miss the boat (LRP race).

i also had the oppourtuntiy to drive one the week after cleveland and well, it was OK. I say OK because it drove well, but didnt feel revolutionary as I expected. This could just be the owner of the cars preferances in setup....

Now primarily, the reason I havnt bought one was because of personal issues causing me to just not WANT the car. Did I like another car more? No. I just didnt want anything to do with it. I have since gotten over it and today I should be receiving my JRXS... and with any luck, I can make it faster than my XXXS was.

As far as sales go... hopefully meester Hodge has an answer.. but in my opinion, there are a LOT of pro level chassis out there, too many to choose from. This may be a factor as well as the fact that it is probably the most tuneable chassis and to some, that could be a deterrant. I can see it being VERY easy to get off track with this car.

Time will tell.. im pretty confident that i will get this car around a track as well as I would any other car.

//KBpower

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 05-25-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
As far as sales go... hopefully meester Hodge has an answer.. but in my opinion, there are a LOT of pro level chassis out there, too many to choose from. This may be a factor as well as the fact that it is probably the most tuneable chassis and to some, that could be a deterrant. I can see it being VERY easy to get off track with this car.

//KBpower
So true-the JRXS is highly tuneable and very responsive to changes I have found-but with any car like this-its as tuneable as it is tuneoutable.

Ahh-for example-I just realized I had the front downtravel stops set at 2mm-because I changed antidive but didnt back the screws out.......But-lets hope I have stored that away in the grey matter and dont make that mistake again.

Last edited by rayhuang; 05-25-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
The trays should be hitting shops in a few weeks.
Any chance we can get a early look at a production unit?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I was/am in the same boat. I did see the car run at Cleveland last year and quite frankly, it was my opinion that this would be THE car to have (at least on carpet- but to me, thats all that matters). I have also heard NUMEROUS "rumors" that "this or that" team guy left because the car doesnt work.. I have also noticed that some races it just seemed to miss the boat (LRP race).

i also had the oppourtuntiy to drive one the week after cleveland and well, it was OK. I say OK because it drove well, but didnt feel revolutionary as I expected. This could just be the owner of the cars preferances in setup....

Now primarily, the reason I havnt bought one was because of personal issues causing me to just not WANT the car. Did I like another car more? No. I just didnt want anything to do with it. I have since gotten over it and today I should be receiving my JRXS... and with any luck, I can make it faster than my XXXS was.

Time will tell.. im pretty confident that i will get this car around a track as well as I would any other car.

//KBpower
Keith,

You will love it dude. If you run into ?'s hit me up. I've got some decent carpet set up's to start with also.... [email protected]

L8R,
Rob Love
Old 05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, well said ray. The car is extremely tunable. Anyone who considers themselves a setup freak will thoroughly enjoy this car. It's very rewarding to work with. Time will show just how capable this car is, IMHO.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Any chance we can get a early look at a production unit?
Darkseid--How is your car driving? I'm just wondering how you like its handling. Also, do you guys race at the Hobby Town up there ? Later .

Brant
Old 05-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RBLove
Keith,

You will love it dude. If you run into ?'s hit me up. I've got some decent carpet set up's to start with also.... [email protected]

L8R,
Rob Love
Yah, definately... i appreciate it. And I am positive I will love it. I have yet to own a piece of TL that I didnt. Unfortunately, i usually go faster with cars i HATE LMAO... i.e. TC3 or Xray. This one will do the trick im sure

I have run into a question... I ordered the thing from platinum last thursday, why isnt here in Toledo yet??? I mean, im all of 2 hrs away. Had I known i would be waiting like a chump i would have drove down.

//KBpower
Old 05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default POOKYT, BK Brackets

Got my brackets today. Cannot wait to try them out Saturday.

Thanks,
Old 05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CRASH
Got my brackets today. Cannot wait to try them out Saturday.

Thanks,
Great to hear it! I have only run them with the Hodge set-up and a few changes so you may want to use it as a reference.

Brant
Old 05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

where can I get these brackets?

//KBpower
Old 05-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

//KBpower
Keith--I have been making them for a lot of guys on here over the past week. Do you need a set? P.M me or just post here and let me know if I can help.

Brant
Old 05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Greg Sharp, You running those brackets or getting a set soon?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Keith--I have been making them for a lot of guys on here over the past week. Do you need a set? P.M me or just post here and let me know if I can help.

Brant

Youv got paypal

//KBpower
Old 05-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

//KBpower
Some metal scarps and a dremel.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Some metal scarps and a dremel.

yah i suppose... or even CF... but two hours of my life is worth far more to me than the price of the part

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.