Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Take a look at indy car, F1, or ANY one off class where the chassis does NOT have to be based on anything inparticular, and they strive for LONG wishbones, when it is a saloon based race series, normally the rules start that suspension pickup point have to be withint a certain distance of the original. Plus there is the problem then that MOST chassis built for road are designed for internal space and crash resiliance and not the BEST way for an engine to be, which is for most, inline, in the front, rear wheel drive.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

I like the way it looks, but that's personal stuff. But, as far as arm length, its just my speculation, but most of the cars sold will be raced on prepared surfaces, including parking lots where the short arms will excel. No they won't work in every situaton (including probably rain), but that's an exception and 90% of the time it will be an advantage.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Really I thought those long skinny arms on F1, Indy, IRL were for aerodynamics.
Well I'm no engineer, but if you built that car to a 1:1 scale those arms would be pretty normal length. LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no, they are shaped that way beacuse they are long, and like everything else, have to try and make the best of it, so they are shaped to reduce drag and push the wheel on the floor, and be very stiff from flex, but not strong, thats wht they snap.

Can you imagine trying to drive an indycar on an oval, at 200mph, on narrow wishbones, every little bump would throw the car.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by artwork
Is it just me or is this new car ugly as hell?
Any car with a carbon fiber chassis is a thing of beauty. Throw in some aluminum and it looks even better.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure the car will be fast...but I think the body will always stay on mine (if i were to buy one).
Old 10-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by edseb
I like the way it looks, but that's personal stuff. But, as far as arm length, its just my speculation, but most of the cars sold will be raced on prepared surfaces, including parking lots where the short arms will excel. No they won't work in every situaton (including probably rain), but that's an exception and 90% of the time it will be an advantage.
So for you 90% of the market is in the US. Besides, you've got some pretty good parking lot, the ones I know are not really suited for RC cars, at least not on road...

I'd add, over 7 rounds of the nationals rounds in the UK, 3 have ben runned partly or completely under the rain...

Last edited by Cobra81li200; 10-04-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

In your guys honest opinion, when do you guys think the JRXS will come out and what will be the price point? Is there a possibility for a front spool option the XXX-S G+? I've been a loyal patron of Team Losi since I was 8 years old so this kit will be a great addition to my Team Losi collection. I noticed most of the chassis looks like graphite, could that be the Graphite kit or RTR?

In terms of shorter arms I definitely agree that makes for faster suspension response which could mean better faster races. What do you guys think?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I honestly doubt this version of this car will be done as an RTR or anything less than full options version from the get go.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Losi will introduce the car at the Chicago hobby expo...I think that's what it's called. LOL. I'm not sure of the date but I think it could be within the next 2 weeks....but definately before the IFMARS at the end of this month.
Who knows when it'll be released after that. Hopefully before the year is over.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by dasupacat
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Losi will introduce the car at the Chicago hobby expo...I think that's what it's called. LOL. I'm not sure of the date but I think it could be within the next 2 weeks....but definately before the IFMARS at the end of this month.
Who knows when it'll be released after that. Hopefully before the year is over.
Sounds like what Todd H has already said...
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

I knew I read that somewhere. LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

Originally posted by dasupacat
I knew I read that somewhere. LOL
Old 10-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

I dunno...I'm thinking that if this is Losi's next touring machine I'm either going to continue to run my G+ till the parts supply runs out or switch brands
Old 10-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SteveG
I dunno...I'm thinking that if this is Losi's next touring machine I'm either going to continue to run my G+ till the parts supply runs out or switch brands
Why?

Frankly, I hate Losi touring cars but I have a genuine interest in the JRXS - it shows that Losi are serious about the TC class and aren't interested in making "halfway" cars anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.