Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: BK Bones

Originally posted by Kevin K
Tell me about it they were a pain in the arse to get them on the LCD's...the rear ones fit no problem. It took some hot and cold work to get them to fit on the LCD's.
todd told me to take a stone wheel and go around the pin twice to get the bearings on.. said the lvds were slightly bigger. i just put mine in the freezer and then insallted the bearings....the fit perfect

matt
Old 05-04-2005, 07:34 AM
TLRacing

Originally posted by Trips
Then it's normal to run different degree hubs in the rear on this car? I had to do something similar on my XXX-S, but I'd have thought that Losi might have doone something about this by now.

Not really a problem I guess, if that's the way the car is, I can cope with it.

Is everyone running different rear hubs from side to side to get equal rear toe, or is it just some cars that are off?
We thought this was fixed by pinning the block to the chassis. I think the inner pivot mounts are still twisting a little when the screws are being tightened. Make sure they both look straight when they are all tightened down.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
We thought this was fixed by pinning the block to the chassis. I think the inner pivot mounts are still twisting a little when the screws are being tightened. Make sure they both look straight when they are all tightened down.
Todd-front pivot block in the rear twists a bit in the direction of tightening so the right rear has a little less toe-the left rear a little more. EASY to fix. HOLD the arm/hingepin/pivot black assembly firmly while tightening. Works for me.

Any thoughts on the rear diff height? What its supposed to do nd what ti does do on carpet?

Last edited by rayhuang; 05-04-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Default autopilot

Hey Todd,

I thought I drove pretty well last night and my car was fast and smooth-but I think it was the driver in the car. Also-HIs chump Seaball is drinking a BIg Gulp in the passenger seat. Sorry pics fuzzy-well enjoy!!

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-autopilot.jpg  
Old 05-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
EASY to fix. HOLD the arm/hingepin/pivot black assembly firmly while tightening. Works for me.
I did this anyway because I was afraid that I might break those little pins that they used. I didn't want to put any more stress on those little guys than I had too.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Todd,

I'll check that the mounts are straight.

Rayhuang,

Thanks for the tip, I'll loosen off a bit and retighten while holding the arms firmly.

I can't wait to drive this car. Looks like its debut will be Saturday up at Madness in Enfield.

Is the Skoda body in the kit a good choice for asphalt?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Todd,

I'll check that the mounts are straight.

Rayhuang,

Thanks for the tip, I'll loosen off a bit and retighten while holding the arms firmly.

I can't wait to drive this car. Looks like its debut will be Saturday up at Madness in Enfield.

Is the Skoda body in the kit a good choice for asphalt?
Trips--I ran mine Sunday with the Skoda body and it felt great.

Brant
Old 05-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rear diff height- On carpet I would say to run the rear diff in the low position. With the diff low you get more on power steering and the car "squares up quicker" coming out of a corner when you get back on throttle. To me with it high the rear end seems to "squirm" less when you get back on throttle and give the car a more a planted feel. On asphalt I would run in the high position. Just my thoughts...

For yall running on carpet here is a set up to try, this is the set up I used at the snowbirds, it works good on a highspeed layout, and it won the warmup race down there...Give it a try if you like.

Andrew
Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can't seem to get set up to attach!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another question... I've always used the same servo arms for JR, Airtronics, and KO servos (23 spline), but my JRXS manual called for the 25 spline horn for KO servos.

Was this a mistake in the manual, or have I been doing it wrong up until now?

Thanks...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Another question... I've always used the same servo arms for JR, Airtronics, and KO servos (23 spline), but my JRXS manual called for the 25 spline horn for KO servos.

Thanks...
The guys that ran 25 spline had problems. I put the 23 on my KO and have had no problems.

Ray
Old 05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks...
Yeah I followed the manual as well and had nothing but problems. Switched to the JR servo arm and problem solved.

Later,
Old 05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I finally caved. After months of loving the Pro 4 I'm going to try something new. I picked up a JRX-S at the LHS today...

One question though... what is everybody's opinion of the included body? Compared to other popular bodies? Good for carpet? asphalt? both? I've been running the Protoform Mazda6 and Nemesis bodies....

[Edit]:
Nevermind.. I see POOKYT already answered the question just a few posts ago.... duh! sorry!
[/Edit]

Last edited by cartmen34; 05-04-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm thinking about going to Madness on Saturday also!!! Of course I will bring my new car if I go.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Come on G! Learn to use the interweb would you! :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.