Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran a front spool instead of the differential in practice today. HOLY ON-POWER STEERING! Too much for me, but anyone looking for banzai steering on corner exit should try it. Bring your rally skillz and consider yourself warned.

The dive and squat spacers are very noticeble, moreso than with other cars I've had.

Anyone tried the 6degree C-hubs yet? Also curious about the swaybar kit on asphalt?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tony Szep
it looks like you soldered the wires from underneath how does that help?
Just gets the weight of the wires down about 1/2 an inch. Every little bit counts!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally posted by Andrew Gray
CIVIC91- Yes, the AE clamping hexes for the tc3 will work, I use the ones that yokomo sells for the tc3.

imprsme- no, I am going to run on asphalt, sorry thats a 4+ hour drive, the asphalt track is only 5 min. Do yall ever have a crowd down there to run mod?
Gray- We are driving 4+ hours also. On the weekends that we can get a "group" to go there is a mod. class.

I can understand driving 5 mins vs. 4 hrs. I wish I had something that close! My local club track is over 2 hrs. so the Road trip isn't that bad.

BTW you runnig the Fred. Track? I may have to get the guys to road trip up that way next month. Its only about 3 1/2 up ypur way.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Hey fellas. Gearhead was kind enough to post my set up sheet on his web site: www.jrxs.com. Anyone looking to try something a little different on carpet-foams (of course).... It's pretty aggressive and works in stock and modified. You will probably be able to dial out 5% - 10% of dual rate for stock.......

If anybody has any ?'s about it let me know...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Test
Old 04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by CRASH
When leaning the front shocks in how much more does the shock need to spaced away at the top and bottom?

Thanks,
With the middle wheelbase in the front, I used 0.070" on the top and bottom. It was plenty.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
Hey fellas. Gearhead was kind enough to post my set up sheet on his web site: www.jrxs.com. Anyone looking to try something a little different on carpet-foams (of course).... It's pretty aggressive and works in stock and modified. You will probably be able to dial out 5% - 10% of dual rate for stock.......
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default ATTN: jrxs owners

Hello. I was looking the car over tonight (still not assembled), and I noticed that my motor mount is black whilst the entire rest of the car is the cool gunmetal grey. Whats up with that?

Todd's car has both gold pieces..... I want mine.

anyway, Does anyone else have a black motor mount? Just wondering if this was the "fix" that others were mentioning before with the bearing not fitting.

Any ideas, thoughts, cruel comments.

Have a great evening.

After rereading this...I am not angry. just curious. Not being rude...honest.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: ATTN: jrxs owners

Originally posted by ahsikes
Hello. I was looking the car over tonight (still not assembled), and I noticed that my motor mount is black whilst the entire rest of the car is the cool gunmetal grey. Whats up with that?

Todd's car has both gold pieces..... I want mine.

anyway, Does anyone else have a black motor mount? Just wondering if this was the "fix" that others were mentioning before with the bearing not fitting.

Any ideas, thoughts, cruel comments.

Have a great evening.

After rereading this...I am not angry. just curious. Not being rude...honest.
Mines black! (motor mount that is)!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

True. Just thought I was going blind. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just back from the track. Car did well tonight. The FK05's which have had a bit more time on the track are really fast, but my car was not too shabby for my first night. Of course Goetz crushed us all untill the Main. Kelly Bean was there and we talked a bit of set-up. I only played with droop as the night went quick. With a good sart and some luck I finshed second in the A in 19t against BUran, Goetz, RIce, Bean and Jones. So not a shabby A. Car was pretty easy to drive, but so far doesnt quite suit me yet-but what do you expect-I have only driven it 6 packs o a new layout I have never driven. I am just looking for a littl snappier initial turn in with a tad less mid-corner.

Dont know enough about the car yet to even solve it
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did some extra bending on my battery tabs to optimize access for hard wiring. The rear bar is bent out like a lot of others I've seen, but I further bent the tab so it was parallel with the chassis. The distance out from the batter is limited by the left rear upper plate brace. It just needs to clear the brace when inserting or removing the pack.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-rear_bar.jpg  
Old 04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

The front bar was bent in toward the battery, but folded back on top of itself to get the tab as far from the battery as possible. This distance is limited by the width of the battery opening in the chassis. Again, I twisted the tab so it was horizontal to ease hard wiring.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-front_bar.jpg  
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Just back from the track. Car did well tonight. The FK05's which have had a bit more time on the track are really fast, but my car was not too shabby for my first night. Of course Goetz crushed us all untill the Main. Kelly Bean was there and we talked a bit of set-up. I only played with droop as the night went quick. With a good sart and some luck I finshed second in the A in 19t against BUran, Goetz, RIce, Bean and Jones. So not a shabby A. Car was pretty easy to drive, but so far doesnt quite suit me yet-but what do you expect-I have only driven it 6 packs o a new layout I have never driven. I am just looking for a littl snappier initial turn in with a tad less mid-corner.

Dont know enough about the car yet to even solve it
Try the rear sway bar. You can also stand the rear shocks up wich will give you more forward bite and better entry.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Rob. Unfortunately in the Main I ran a pack that had been charged for 5 hours too. Maybe only worth a couple seconds-luckily I ran a fresh cut motor !!

The pack I charged for the Main wouldnt fit-I couldnty close the battery door-lol. My only GP3300 pack that wouldnt fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.