Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

It doesnt look that great now but im sure losi will make some changes to make it look better. But why do we even care about looks what we should be talking about is how its going to handle.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi has been around for a long time... I dont ever remeber them being at the bottom of the totum pole either... Its basically always been losi or reedy on top... Now we have a few other contenders, but still.. I highly boubt Losi would ever consider putting out a new car, if it wasnt better then there previous car..

Everyone is so caught up on looks..But thats society....Maybe losi can include some gold rims, or gold trim for all u looks people... or maybe you can have your cool lookin car, and ill take my losi.... I dont remember anyone ever taking pics of a losing car... so u can look as cool as u want, you are the only one who will see it..
Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

I feel for you "glass half empty" guys out there. I have raced TL products since they have had TL products. Heck, all of my 48 pitch pinions are Losi steel units bought in 1992! Now that was a good investment. I remember back in the early '90s when Losi was moving toward the molded chassis for offroad. I heard the same crap about it then as now when it looks like they are using Gphite for this new car. The truth is something new or out of the ordinary will always confuse some and excite others. Rule #1--Team Losi( Jr.,Pops,Hodge,MF,BK et all) have never and will never release a new vehicle that is not technically advanced and faster than a previous design. PERIOD!

P.S. I miss seeing and talking to Jack Johnson. He was my first RC hero. Hodgimoto-You have been a very helpfull and insightfull source here and for Losi in general. KUDOS!

Brant

Now Let's Go Race
Old 09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Todd.......Was that thick enough to get me the new car before anybody else? LMAO

Brant
Old 09-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default It was ran on carpet locally and was faster

Wow 22,000 hits. Thats impressive, it will be a very competitive season. I am just glad that the Losi and AE are still on the cutting edge for technology and proformance. Now if they can just find some drivers beat Hara, Surikan and Masami.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im hoping the car is flat grafite.. yes the old proto was flat, but no one ever said it would be for productiopn... they said it would be molded.. this one they are saying it will be flat.. so im guessing it will be... As long as it is woven, and not like the old black stuff that delaminated...

If it is, flat/.... it will open up an after market surge for it to.. i think this helps car sell.. lots of options...
Old 09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by POOKYT
I have raced TL products since they have had TL products. Heck, all of my 48 pitch pinions are Losi steel units bought in 1992! Now that was a good investment...

...P.S. I miss seeing and talking to Jack Johnson. He was my first RC hero.
Yeah, all of my 48 pitch pinions are Losi steel pinions too. I always liked their "True Pitch" line of gears more than any others. My cars ALWAYS ran quieter with them. Too bad they don't make 64 pitch pinions anymore.

And what ever happened to Jack Johnson?? He used to be one of the biggest names in RC. Anyone know?

Also, can anyone remember how much time there was between the original xxx-s release and the release of the G+? I'm probably going to wait for the full race version before I upgrade. My current xxx-s is running too well right now to justify upgrading right away.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

I hope Losi made the same changes to the JRXS diff that they did to the BK2 diff.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
Yeah, all of my 48 pitch pinions are Losi steel pinions too. I always liked their "True Pitch" line of gears more than any others. My cars ALWAYS ran quieter with them. Too bad they don't make 64 pitch pinions anymore.

And what ever happened to Jack Johnson?? He used to be one of the biggest names in RC. Anyone know?

Also, can anyone remember how much time there was between the original xxx-s release and the release of the G+? I'm probably going to wait for the full race version before I upgrade. My current xxx-s is running too well right now to justify upgrading right away.
Ill pass along to Jack that people are wondering where he is at.

Jack is going really well and will be returning to tracks shortly. Just the other day we began to take some inventory to get him out of Team 80s mode and into present day
Old 09-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info MDawson. I had not heard any info on him since I learned about his wife's passing a few years back. Glad to know he's still around.

Brant
Old 09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
TLRacing

FW05R-Sorry we try to hard.

Rpage-Trust me the belt adjustment is completely awesome. I wish I could go into details.

Da_Cookie_Monster- If we could we would have 50t pullies to make the car even more efficient. The tight you wrap a belt around a pullie the more hysterisis you have which means less efficiency.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey todd... It looks like the diffs can be lowered and raised quite a bit along with the belt tension adjustment...True/False or am I retarded.....wait dont answer that!!

EA
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

T.Hodge, just wondering exactly what informations can you release about the car? anything like the date of release or price? or is everything still top secret at the moment?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

At the upcoming ROAR REgion 12 electric race all the team will be there and in force.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

I don't know if this has been answered yet but what is the concept behind two differant colored belts or are they both the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.