Team Losi JRXS

Old 03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Francis wins with JRX-S

Matt Francis displayed some excellent driving skill in qualifying 1st and then carrying it all the way to the finish line at the California Carpet Championships at Stockton today.

Barry Baker showed up today to only make the 4th round of qualifying. With only a few laps on the track, Barry qualified in second and hounded Matt throughout the first half of the race to finish second overall. Barry was certainly hot on certain sections of the track.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 03-13-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will second Buddy's comments. Buddy and I had the opportunity to drive a car that was set up for mod. Buddy's motor, someone elses radio and the car was very good. I thought that it was easy to drive and did not scrub off speed in the corners. Had a little too much steering in some sections of the track....sort of over rotated on slower turns but overall I thought it was very good. Buddy went out there and ran a lap that was equal to his fast lap of the day....after only a handfull of laps. Definately something I will consider if the Xray does not work out or if they continue to run parts not available to me!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Just a Couple of JRXS Questions

Questions:

1. Is the battery tray in the car composite or graphite?

2. With the upcoming 3700 batteries, is the tray in the car going to be adaptable to the larger cells or will there be an optional tray.

3. Does anyone know if Trinity is geared up with the Matt Francis line of JRXS accessories?

3. Are the outdrive cups metal (aluminum,steel,etc..) or composite or plastic ?

4. Has anyone seen how the battery pack is actually held in the car or attached to the tray? ie: Does the Top graphite plate hold the cells in the tray? How accessible are the batteries to solder Speed control wires to? Is there room for wired packs (deans plugs)? With the new top plate and posts how do they interfere of interact with the battery pack? Do they get in the way?

Just a couple of questions that I'm sure I could answer my self when I get one, but since I probably won't see one for a while....

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Just a Couple of JRXS Questions

Originally posted by blownawayig
Questions:

1. Is the battery tray in the car composite or graphite?

2. With the upcoming 3700 batteries, is the tray in the car going to be adaptable to the larger cells or will there be an optional tray.

3. Does anyone know if Trinity is geared up with the Matt Francis line of JRXS accessories?

3. Are the outdrive cups metal (aluminum,steel,etc..) or composite or plastic ?

4. Has anyone seen how the battery pack is actually held in the car or attached to the tray? ie: Does the Top graphite plate hold the cells in the tray? How accessible are the batteries to solder Speed control wires to? Is there room for wired packs (deans plugs)? With the new top plate and posts how do they interfere of interact with the battery pack? Do they get in the way?

Just a couple of questions that I'm sure I could answer my self when I get one, but since I probably won't see one for a while....

Thanks
If yoiu read my SIG below, yoiu will beable to see how it all goes together. The 3700's should fit. Soldering will not be a problem. to use plugs you may look at the Reedy/euro style plugs.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery link down

Hey,,,thanks for the info,,,but your link for the battery set up is coming back,,,Been Removed...

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

blownaway: I can take a shot at some of these after hours of looking at pics of the car!

1. The battery tray appears to be made of composite material.

2. The 3700 should fit, and if not, we've been told that only a "snip" here and there has to be done to make them fit.

3. Can't help you on this one...it could go in any direction... They went Matt Francis red with the XXX-S, but it could be Kinwald blue this time...who knows...

4. Gearhead over at jrx.net has a video of the pack going in. Gives a really good idea of how it works. Most people here have figured on going with either hard wiring or more likely using a "laydown" euro plug method.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh, I see Gearhead was already on the case with the answers!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hey Thanks Guys

I appreciate all of the info,,,that's what i love about this site. I'm really excited about the release of this car. I've been lucky enough to see some of the testing done at my local track (4 Fun Hobbies and Raceway,,,SUPER TRACK).

Again, Thanks for all of the info...
Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, since the video about the battery compartment was made, the battery door has been revised...slightly.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

THE LINK WORKS FINE I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ON YOUR END.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

what is slightly?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Gearhead3
what is slightly?
A bit more than nothing...he, he...Dimensions are unnoticeably different.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

to help fit the very slightly bigger 3700 cell i would guess.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Darkseid
Oh, I see Gearhead was already on the case with the answers!
....You expained better than i did....LOL
Old 03-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As i was reeding back a few posts and i noticed someone said that it ships today(monday) is that true??????
Becasue i would realy like to get my hands on one before my clubs 12th annual carpet challenge this weekend(the 18-20).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.