Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ted Flack
The other companies have probally been working on their car just as long as TL.. they just didnt announce it until much later. That way people dont start goin crazy....
Yeah, I'm sure Yokomo and Xray (and I forgot HB) have been working on their new cars, on track like Losi, since Oct., just no body spotted them until about a month ago.

And if you check out those threads, you'll see it doesn't keep the people from going crazy! They just have to go crazy for a shorter time.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I don't think it is an embarrasment if two other companies can get thier cars out first. Because that just shows me that Losi is taking thier time to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about tired of seeing the same person on here everyday complaining about how long it is taking, and how Losi is missing the release dates on the car and SO AND SO has there car out on time. Go buy SO AND SO'S car then! That is easy when all you are doing is changing chassis configs. and copying everyone else. Tell me what other car the Losi looks like? NONE! Losi is doing this the RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME! I say take the time and get me a product that I can run for a few years without having to buy updated chassis or a new car every 6 months!

So let the flaming begin!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
rayhuang-You seem to get to see the team drivers running an awful lot. Are they always using the new upperdeck and standoffs or are they just a situational (like insane Snowbirds type of traction) option?
I saw Andrey Grey run one in October, then at Champs only really. The car I saw last night had the stand-offs on it.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Then have at it with our blessing...he, he...

Headed to Stockton for practice day of the California Carpet Champs...And to give my "locals" some grief...

Had figured that I would be driving the new car by now...
Good luck racing Bill! Bring home the gold
Old 03-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by imprsme
I don't think it is an embarrasment if two other companies can get thier cars out first. Because that just shows me that Losi is taking thier time to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about tired of seeing the same person on here everyday complaining about how long it is taking, and how Losi is missing the release dates on the car and SO AND SO has there car out on time. Go buy SO AND SO'S car then! That is easy when all you are doing is changing chassis configs. and copying everyone else. Tell me what other car the Losi looks like? NONE! Losi is doing this the RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME! I say take the time and get me a product that I can run for a few years without having to buy updated chassis or a new car every 6 months!

Please unwind yourself...sheesh he was making a valid point....
Losi may be putting out the JRSX perfectly tuned and setup, but who's setup and who's tuning...I drive like ME not like BK or MF...
Do I like the JRSX yes, it is very impressive, but to bash nother company is as abusive as what your commentign on. Does the Yokomo and Xray look alot like the 415 and even better yet the Pro2? YES well because the 415 layout is fantasic, & wins races. I would beg to differ that they are carbon copies...The new Yok has some very cool changes that will probably get copied...i.e. there battery gromet design. ans the 4 screws and your diff is out. and BLA BLA BLA I can go on but it would be pointless. This is the JRXS thread and people are intitaled to there opinions even if they don;t line up with yours.
Again let me say the JRSX is very impressive, seen BK, Easton and others run the JRSX it is fast. I think in any of these cars in these guys hands will be fast...Heck Hara still wins with a shaft drive..GO FIGURE.
Just my $0.02
Stephen <><
Old 03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by imprsme

Nope, no flaming...I haven't done it yet, and wont start now...

Why? Because I don't have a problem with you having your own opinion.As I've done before, I have already de bunked the "get it right the first time" thing. But incase you missed it....Xray, Yokomo, Schumacher, and Tamiya are all companies who release cars nearly every year. And their all good cars that are winning all the time... So what does how long you take have to do with how good it is???

As for you being tired of me talking about it everyday. Please... This is the first thing I said about the release in quite some time. So please, save your exaggerations...

I don't buy "so and so" car because I want the Losi. I just don't want to have to wait till May to get it!

Your right, the Losi doesn't look like any other car. Its an amazing design that I want to try. Same as you. But unlike most people here, I don't believe that a company should have a endless developement cycle.

Me and people here disagreed, no big deal. I left it alone...I stopped talking about...heck I didn't even post on here for nearly a week while I passed the time with the PS2 and Xbox....It wasn't until Todd's post that I asked for a clarification of what he was saying. And once again, anyone who does scream "go Losi go" in their sleep is attacked. And I personally do think its embarrasing that their car could be beat out the door by companies that just announced their car about a month ago. Again, thats just my opinion...I'm not asking anyone to agree...but I still have the right to post it.

In fact, I don't ask ANYONE hear to share my opinion, only to accept it as a different one. NOT once have i attacked anyone hear for saying "take as long as you want". Do i think its something ridiculous to say, yeah...but its your opinion and who am I to tell you its wrong?

So you and anyone else who wishes to attack me, feel free... But I wont be returning the attacks and I wont be changing my opion...so....
Old 03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think the standoffs are made more for carpet racing than asphault. So far everyone seems to be running standoffless here at SoCal, car is pretty stiff as is.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Ahh-dont worry-seaball and I are locals. We see each other twice a week every week. NO worries.
ya, and then they see eachother at the r/c track too!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Please unwind yourself...sheesh he was making a valid point....
Losi may be putting out the JRSX perfectly tuned and setup, but who's setup and who's tuning...I drive like ME not like BK or MF...
Do I like the JRSX yes, it is very impressive, but to bash nother company is as abusive as what your commentign on. Does the Yokomo and Xray look alot like the 415 and even better yet the Pro2? YES well because the 415 layout is fantasic, & wins races. I would beg to differ that they are carbon copies...The new Yok has some very cool changes that will probably get copied...i.e. there battery gromet design. ans the 4 screws and your diff is out. and BLA BLA BLA I can go on but it would be pointless. This is the JRXS thread and people are intitaled to there opinions even if they don;t line up with yours.
Again let me say the JRSX is very impressive, seen BK, Easton and others run the JRSX it is fast. I think in any of these cars in these guys hands will be fast...Heck Hara still wins with a shaft drive..GO FIGURE.
Just my $0.02
Stephen <><
Thanks for the support, but your probably wasting your time. This stuff has been going on since the first two delays, and I doubt it will change.

If it makes some feel better to attack me because I want the car, but don't agree with the "take as long as you want" mentality, no bigge.

Anyone who has read my stuff on these boards before, knows that I rarely follow the opinion of the crowd, and I don't mind taking heat for having an opinion of my own.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I think the standoffs are made more for carpet racing than asphault. So far everyone seems to be running standoffless here at SoCal, car is pretty stiff as is.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I figured. The car was doing Very well prior to that Snowbirds race, so I figured that change was to cover that "what if" situation. Like "what if" someone happens to get on some really high traction carpet...
Old 03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

You bonehead-everything is NOT about you seaball. Fasest run in a sedan at our track is not in stock.
i wasn't even thinking that selfishly. just challenging the accuracy of your statements.

btw - good luck in michigan this weekend.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Regional Moderator

I saw Andrey Grey run one in October, then at Champs only really. The car I saw last night had the stand-offs on it.
Some people were concerned about the battery pack wiring access being compromised with the new deck.

Did you notice any added difficulty for connecting the tube style connectors or hard wiring, with the new deck and post in place?

Sorry for so many questions, just figured I'd ask someone who has seen the car up close on the track and in the pits...
Old 03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Some people were concerned about the battery pack wiring access being compromised with the new deck.

Did you notice any added difficulty for connecting the tube style connectors or hard wiring, with the new deck and post in place?
I hard wire my speedo to the batteries and everything is easy to get to. Tube connectors will work but you have to make sure there is enough clearance for the rear belt and forward rear pulley. The standoffs did not change anything.

The kit goes together really well. I only had to mess with two things: if you run your front shocks in the inner hole on the tower you have to space the shock forward more or it will rub the outdrive. For the rear if you decide to use the down and long camber link position on the shock tower you have to grind the rear hub camber link inner hole off, so the camber link does not get bound up when the suspension is compressed.

I am very happy how the car ran and I think everyone will be impressed.

Paul
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by seaball
i wasn't even thinking that selfishly. just challenging the accuracy of your statements.

btw - good luck in michigan this weekend.
Well-he told me it was his fastest run after he ran-I am passing the buck on my false statement

If it keeps snowing Sat and Sun as forcasted-I am stying here and will run at the Gate. I am a real puss in my old age!!
Old 03-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by chicky03
I am very happy how the car ran and I think everyone will be impressed.

Paul
Paul....I never would have guessed that you would be running this car. Nice to see let us know what type of setup you guys ran at the Nats after you get back. Good luck out there man and Tell Seabiscuit to enjoy the RIDE over to the Track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.