Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
(pacinos voice) Maybe Losi would like some cans of Starbucks Double Shot delivered to their parts vendors. You know, for motivation. Maybe I can arrange this. Maybe we should talk (/end pacinos voice)
I can't believe I just read this post and in my head the voice was like some Mexican Bandito!! Had to re-read its Pacino!! LMAO!!!! Heck--its funny either way!! Maybe I need the Double Shot!

Brant
Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by imprsme
So is there another delay? Or are they still on for shipment this week?
Yeah, I was a little confused about his post as well.

Was he telling us why it took so long before, or telling us about another delay?

Clarification?....
Old 03-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Plese no more delays
Old 03-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Todd and Randy - Thanks for clarifying the kit's spring and piston situation.

Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I think Todd was trying to explain the past delays. Though his wording does seem a little confusing. Hopefully the car isn't delayed again...
Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Getting all the kits together is propably a pain in the butt as it is, rather than asking the hourly question of when the car is shipping, just kick back with a beer and wait for Todd to come on and say the magic words "it's been shipped"

A lot less hassle for everyone, and it wont clutter up the forum.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randy Caster
rather than asking the hourly question of when the car is shipping....

A lot less hassle for everyone, and it wont clutter up the forum.

No body was asking an "hourly question", we were just trying to understand what he was saying in his post, as it wasn't quite clear. Whats the frickin' problem with that?

Its bad enough that you get attacked in this thread if your anything but 'thrilled' with the delay, now its off limits to ask him to clarify his post? What are the safe words to post around here that aren't a 'hassle' to anyone..."go Losi go"

If asking for simple clarification is a 'hassle' to people, they'll just have to learn to deal with it.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randy-youve got a lot of experience tuning different cars. Can you help me understand the relationship between the angle of the camber links to the amount of side bite generated by the tires?

In other words-lets say in the back-if you run the link angled down to the inner pivot point-or flat to the innner pivot point (inner ballstud raised). Ignore discusion of roll center-just what it feel slike on the track. And again on the front of the car as well.

Anyone else can answer as well.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid

No body was asking an "hourly question", we were just trying to understand what he was saying in his post, as it wasn't quite clear. Whats the frickin' problem with that?

Its bad enough that you get attacked in this thread if your anything but 'thrilled' with the delay, now its off limits to ask him to clarify his post? What are the safe words to post around here that aren't a 'hassle' to anyone..."go Losi go"

If asking for simple clarification is a 'hassle' to people, they'll just have to learn to deal with it.
im with you on this. i dont see the problem and in my line of work when some one orders something and its late we hear about it every day until we get the product built and out the door...... Thats just the way it is.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Quick questions for anyone who might know...

Has anyone mentioned what degree pivot pin mounts the kit comes with? I'm looking over the options list and trying to see which I should order as a direct replacement for the kit part.

Also, what is the LOSA4320 "Battery pad foam"? I don't recall seeing any battery pad foam in any of the pics of the car so far.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Also, what is the LOSA4320 "Battery pad foam"? I don't recall seeing any battery pad foam in any of the pics of the car so far.
Maybe it's to be put on the underside of the top rear brace to prevent battery shorting.......
Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bet its to but at either end of the battery to keep it from shifting front to back in the battery tray.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Quick questions for anyone who might know...

Has anyone mentioned what degree pivot pin mounts the kit comes with? I'm looking over the options list and trying to see which I should order as a direct replacement for the kit part.

i AM GOING to assume it is 3 degree becuase it is not listed in the current parts list.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Pivot pin mounts

Originally posted by T. Hodge
rayhuang-The car will come with three pivot blocks. 0, 1, and 2. The kit setup has 2 degree rear and 1 degree front. Yes the rear arms do accept both std. and offset hubs. As for aftermarket parts...maybe some aluminum screws and titanium hinge pins...other than that she is fully loaded.
Here is what Todd said a few days ago.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Ray,

I think I may be able to help, anyone please correct me if I'm off anywhere.

Angling down from the outer camber link will give you more negative camber under roll situations (camber gain), which will allow you to run less static negative camber, and gain straight line traction. You could also run a bit softer spring setup to allow the car to roll more, better for slick conditions. In the rear, this should help traction mid corner to corner exit, not so much corner entry since not much roll is going on yet.

Parallel will give you limited to no camber gain, meaning you will need more static negative camber, hampering straight line traction, but giving more turn in or stability on corner entry, but less in the middle to exit. No reason to go more than parallel to my knowledge.

So -

Front - Angled down (from outer link)
Less aggressive turn in, more mid to exit steering

Rear - Angled down (from outer link)
Less stability going in, more side bite mid to exit

Front - Parallel
Sharper turn in, less traction mid to exit

Rear - Parallel
Stable going in, but will lose some side bite once weight has transferred (mid to exit)

Hopefully you can translate that into feel.

Mike
Old 03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hi

As it looks increasingly likely I will get a JRXS, thought it would be a good idea to get any parts I would need when I bought the car.

What springs would you recommend for running stock foam tyres on carpet? And what about roll bars, and any other useful bits to get?

Thanks, my XXX-S is sorted, can't wait for the new car!

Oli
UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.