Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It has to be for sale 2 weeks prior to the event.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Yeah, that tends to lower the stress level a few notches.
Definately so. Just grab a XXXS and hit the track with it for the next couple weeks and you wont even remember theres a new car coming out haha.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

A few years ago ROAR let the guys run an offroad car that wasnt out 2 weeks before the nationals. BUT It was a losi car and I think they arranged to have enough cars for sale at the track for the stock guys to buy the week before and it was allowed. May be something for Roar, Losi, Hobby chamber to consider....All parites involved could make a little cash.

EA
Old 02-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Losi did something like that when the XXXS came out. They shipped some kits to the Track hosting the Nationals in time for it to be legal in stock. I would think that Losi might try to do the same thing again if they can and want to. I think that race Pudge won stock and PL won mod. The only issue I heard about at the race was that Pudge ran a 1-way in stock that wasnt out yet and that was against ROAR rules or was it?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Definately so. Just grab a XXXS and hit the track with it for the next couple weeks and you wont even remember theres a new car coming out haha.
That car still rocks on asphalt!
Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anyone gets their JRXS on or before March 4th, please post up a copy of the receipt or some method of proving the car hita store, any store, 14 days prior to the event. How 'bout it?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Yea some people had a fit about the oneway and the graphite chassis being used in the stock class and they had a big protest. I remember cause it was a local guy who went to the race and led the protest. His kid was in the B main so he was all over it. Boy the stories I could tell about them.... LOL
Old 02-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by DavidAlford
Yea some people had a fit about the oneway and the graphite chassis being used in the stock class and they had a big protest. I remember cause it was a local guy who went to the race and led the protest. His kid was in the B main so he was all over it. Boy the stories I could tell about them.... LOL
It warms my heart to hear about the sportsmanship and all around good feelings that surround our "hobby".
Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Kevin K
I would think that Losi might try to do the same thing again if they can and want to.
I think Losi should first worry about getting kits to all the people who have been waiting since Oct. some time. Then they can worry about getting kits to a track to make them legal for stock class!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
I think Losi should first worry about getting kits to all the people who have been waiting since Oct. some time. Then they can worry about getting kits to a track to make them legal for stock class!
You would think so but that wasnt the case with the XXXS and History does tend to repeat. If they have a chance to get it to the host track early and there for make it legal for the Nationals and they have a stock racer going there I think they would do it so they have a chance at a National win. It doesnt matter b/c the car will be out soon. Had it not been for some vendor issues the car would be out now.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Kevin K
You would think so but that wasnt the case with the XXXS and History does tend to repeat. If they have a chance to get it to the host track early and there for make it legal for the Nationals and they have a stock racer going there I think they would do it so they have a chance at a National win. It doesnt matter b/c the car will be out soon. Had it not been for some vendor issues the car would be out now.
I didn't say I thought they would worry about getting it to us first, I just said they should!

I have no doubt that if they can manage to get the cars in the shop there early enough to qualify for the stock class, they will. The more classes you have cars in the better chance you have to win.

But anyone going there with the car will have to be a darned good tuner and racer to get the car, build it, and do well at a race all in the span of 2 weeks!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Any one good enough to win or do well at a race like that, can build and tune it in less than two weeks....a lot of team drivers(for all brands of cars)get new kits or parts to try a day or two befor or even at the race........
Old 02-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not to mention I wouldn't be suprised if there were on site factory support to get them well on their way...if they can get cars out by then.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I asked Todd a month or two ago-is this car going to be a really hard car to set-up from small tracks to big tracks to smooth to bumpy and big to small tires. I asked because of the short arms and ever changing diameter foam tires. Basically as the tires get smaller-the arm angle changes a lot and the droop changes a lot. I thought this was going to be bad news.
Todd is one of the most stright up guys in this hobby and he said actually the car runs well with the same basic set-up everywhere. So-to make a long story short-I dont think having the car two weeks before the big race would be a big problem. The only problem I suppose would be if your driving style just doesnt fit the JRXS Teams basic set-up.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

the nationals are priority for Losi right now. they will have kits there for sell. you can bet that when the first shipment goes out, it will go there.

on another fourm it was noted due to bad scheduling by ROAR that a lot of the Losi guys that have attened the Catus Classic for the 8+ years will be in attendance this year due to the importance of the JRXS having a good showing (WIN) at the nationals.

E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.