Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

The more I read about this car, the more I want it.

What do you guys plan on doing on your JRXS (motor, batteries, servos, speed control....)?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

What do u mean by what r u gonna do on your JRXS? Well first im gonna built it. lol. Im gonna put my electronics from my XXX-S to the JRXS. have the receiver and esc as close to the center as possible. Cause its a waist having a narrow chassis then having the electronics on the edge of the chassis. Just answere the Q above then i can give more info.
Ya the car is gonna be great. Since i saw it at the Worlds i said im gonna get that car.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
I hope the car handles good on asphalt as it does on carpet. Any thoughts?? Just trying to make the time go by quicker. lol
No thoughts, but how about I quote Gil, Jr to make the time go by faster?

On the topic of the short arms Gil,Jr said, "This suspension geometry will make tons of grip on more slippery surfaces, like asphalt" (as opposed to carpet, which was the topic just one sentence before).

As I posted before, the two team cars that I got to finger at the 'birds spun as freely as any shaft car, including a Yok SD with ceramic bearings built by one of the regulars in the A-main at the 'birds. These cars spin uber-freely! I've owned two TC3's, neither of which had any advantage in zero-load spinning over those JRXS's.

Here's something to chat about. The lower position on the shock tower allows the body to be lowered so much, the wheel wells become the limiting factor in body height! Does anyone race at a track without body rules?????? Uh-huh, that's what I'm talking about. Slam that thing!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

I do i race at a club every month. They dont check body height, wing height, weight, or ride height. Nothing. which is great. The lower the better But couldnt you just cut the body lower instead of lowering the shock tower. But if you lower the shock tower wont that change how compressed the shocks will be since its lower.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

If/when I get this car, I'm planning on putting electronics that Matt Francis had on his car, since he made the A-main. I was going to put a novak GTX since it is a small speed control and looks cool too, but if I go novak, I'll run the GT7. I know the GT7 is bigger than the GTX, it's only because they forgot to put the "a-main chips" on the GTX j.k. But I think that electronics and where you mount it should make a difference. I'm sure Matt Francis didn't just put the QC2 anywhere, some thought was behind it

That's why if/when I get this car when it comes out, I'm running LRP, Airtronics, and Trinity (but stock & 19t since I'm not that good yet).
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Talked to horzion today and they said they got a memo on the new car, saying it will be out sometime Mid March.. Anyone heard different ??

Hodge..Sup ??
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Well all the losi driver put the elctronics in the same place as each other. The reason is to get that 50/50 weight distrobution. Well ill be running Novak ESC, JR receiver, transmitter and servo(cause im cheap) PMR and SMC batteries, and Either the Snowbird handout motor, Putnam, or Team1racing.

I have. Earlier in the thread a page about. I posted saying Hodge told me its gonna be 3-4 weeks till it comes out. He told me this 2 weeks ago. So that meens it should put the release date about the first week of March.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:28 PM
TLRacing

Mid march for sure!!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll be runing a combination of old school rivals. A Novak Xxtra receiver and a Tekin G10 speedcontrol. NO, I'm not running it because I don't have anything better! I actually have a GT7 and a GM V12 I could use. But honestly, I don't see any difference between these newer speedos and Tekin's 5-6 year old design. Except that with the Tekin, its easier to program, I don't have to run a cap or a schottky AND its lighter than my GT7 by a full 6g!

To go with the Xxtra and G10, I'll have a KO 2173 and my 3PK w/Hitec Spectra module installed. As for the motor, I don't know what I'll run in stock(IF I run stock) and I'll run a Orion Revolution in mod.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Mid march for sure!!
F I G H T I N G....the urge.....to comment....<blood vessels popping>

Okay.....I'm alright now.

Just had to remember that there isn't crap I can do about the situation...

Guess I'll just have to dust off the KX-One for our local warm up race in March.

Last edited by Darkseid; 02-23-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Mid march for sure!!
April 1st!!!
as a april 1st joke...
tell everyone it's not going to get released at all...
Old 02-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
April 1st!!!
as a april 1st joke...
tell everyone it's not going to get released at all...
i think its aftr april coz if we expct a date on april its gonna be a hell of jkes..
Old 02-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

the 2 holes in the shock tower is not to lower them. Its for the sway bar. Just remembered.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks like I'm waiting until the 3rd and if its not avaliable by then i have to get a different car for the nats, that really stinks.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
Looks like I'm waiting until the 3rd and if its not avaliable by then i have to get a different car for the nats, that really stinks.
Be careful, you know how quick those "be patience" speeches come flying anytime anyone says something like that!

But just so you don't feel all alone when the speeches do start flying, just know that I feel your pain on this one.

I wasn't trying to make it to the nats, I just wanted to have it by the open of out door season. Who woulda thought that wouldn't happen for a kit that was supposed to be out in January...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.