Team Losi JRXS

Old 02-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EricF
It'd be nicer if you said Tamiya, I think I'm feeling racially sensitive today.

Any who... the tags I think are most likely a preproduction thing, until they settle on what rates they want to have produce. Personally I like the colorless spring.

E
hahahahahaha.... I'm sorry... I'll be a little more PC next time....

Oh yea, I forgot the SDW!!!! Nad now a new Belt car coming out.....

I don't think the tags will be an issue.... We could always pull the tags and paint the springs to denote their rate....
Old 02-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

vtl1180ny, I see that your from Never, NeverLand. Do you live with Michael Jackson? Or do you hail from a different NeverLand?

Ughhh, I need a new car!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by POOKYT
DOB-- 11/11/1967 How bout you?

Brant
DOB 2/7/1990

How old you feel now?

It's all good Brant!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

GET BACK TO SCHOOL WORK!!! Ya baby! !! LMAO It zal goode

Brant
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Old, young, everyone wants the new car lol
Old 02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EricF
vtl1180ny, I see that your from Never, NeverLand. Do you live with Michael Jackson? Or do you hail from a different NeverLand?

Ughhh, I need a new car!!!
He's from Neverland... You'd never catch me in neverland hence the reason I'm from never, Neverland...

Haha
Old 02-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

this should help a lil Brant ...lol

11-19-54

ready for a new car...just not this one...
Old 02-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Thank You Gary!! LOL It did brighten the day up a bit. LMAO Now back to buisness. I want my new car!!! There...Thats better!

Brant
Grand Pubah
B-Main Motorpsorts
Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't see why it bothers people so much that companies like Yokomo, Tamiya, and Schumacher change cars so much.

First- Nobody is making people upgrade to the newer car. Its that driving, burning, desire we all have to get the newest thing that makes us do that!

Second- I know many, MANY people (including myself) who buy a new TC nearly every year, so if your a company, why not produce one every year.

Third- If your a company, and you find something new in developement that you think will help your team win. What are you supposed to do, hold off on making a better car just because your last one came out 12 months ago?

For the above reasons, it just makes good business sense to keep making new cars. If people want them(and they do), and people will buy them (and they will), why not make them.

Besides, look at the TC4, did waiting a really long time to make their second car help Assoc. improve any better than Yokomo, Schumacher or Tamiya improves after just one year? Not really...

So I say make 'em! Keep pumping those cars out the door as fast as they can! Doesn't bother me one bit, even when I owned cars from those companies, that got replaced before I even had a chance to scratch the chassis!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I like the fact of a tried and true chassis and let the aftermarket companies fix the quirks.... RPM makes some very tough parts but they will never make parts for japanese cars because of the fact that they are constantly changing....
Old 02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

don't forget, it's easier to make a new car every quarter when you use CF chassis... as previously discussed somewhere, it's more cost prohibative to constantly change molded chassis designs.

E
Old 02-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Darksied it's more about parts support. Here in the US, most kits like Yokomo, XRay, Corally and the like are imported. When it comes to companies releasing/replacing kits several times within a year or two, it makes the LHS who try and stock these parts pretty frustated. Especially when they are on backorder indefinately because a company decided to quit making parts for a car that has only been out a year or two.

It may be a lot easier to get these parts overseas than in the States, I'm not sure on that. But I haven't seen where updating/replacing a kit every few months is a good thing. Except to sell kits. Now if it was me, I would at least keep two of them going. That way the people who got the "last new kits" aren't left out in the cold when it comes to parts availability. It also starts to make this hobby look more and more like what happened to the slot car racing. The old "in order to win, you must have the newest stuff out there." So thus the pay to play price goes up instantly, with it only moving faster. They should take their time and come out with the right design first, rather than just say "oh well we'll just make a new car, and screw the people who bought the last design a month a go when it came out.

A lot of people are sold on the "having the newest stuff" is The Ticket. I'm not. I would rather modify my car than buy a new one every year, or sooner, and tell the companies they should do it right the first time. Development for better kits is one thing. Development to sell more new kits, is another.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Regional Moderator

wcoyote: but your assuming the worst in all these cases.

"They should take their time and come out with the right design first"-Schumacher, Yokomo, and Tamiya do an awful lot of winning to say that the cars they're coming out with, then later replacing weren't "right" the first time. And they're doing it with half the team drivers that teams like Assoc. or Losi use, so 'something' has to be "right" with them! They simply had something they felt was better, or different(like one shaft car, one belt car, or different belt layout) that they wanted to do.

"Parts support" Schumacher went through nearly 4 models in 5 years before they changed the arms, diffs, universals, or shocks. I owned three of those models and never had a problem finding any parts. Heck, just before the first Mission came out(and I bought one ), I bought a used Axis, and could STILL find parts for it easily. Thats a 3 year(Axis, AxisPro, Axis2, Axis2pro, then Mission, etc...) gap!

"it makes the LHS who try and stock these parts pretty frustated"- Let's face it, unless you run something made by Assoc. or Losi, 8 outta 10 times, your going to have to look online for parts support anyway...The local shops aren't going to stock parts for too many overseas kits, and its not just because the kits change a lot. Like I said, Schumacher used the same componets on MANY of their kits, but i still couldn't walk into a LHS in my area and buy a Schumacher part.

All I'm saying is that as some one who has done both (owning a car for a while) and (changing nearly every year) having companies change kits often is not nearly as bad as people make out. As long as the company keep supporting the older car(which all of the mentioned companies do) then whats the big deal? And I've never felt like they were saying "screw the people who bought the previous kit", mainly because no body is making me get the new model. When I owned my Yok SD, I passed on the black chassis version and the CGM version. Simply because I was happy with the SSG, see no one is forcing people to upgrade.

Besides, nothing is gaurateed. Nothing says a 3 year developement gap is automatically better than a 1 year gap. Like I said, waiting forever didn't exactly help Associated with their TC4 did it!

Last edited by Darkseid; 02-22-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Where I live there is one R/C hobbyshop for 300,000+ people. Maybe that will tell you where I'm coming from on the parts support. And the only thing they carry on a regular basis is off road and onroad Losi, and AE along with Traxxas gas trucks. Mostly Traxxas though. Some HPI, but unless it's gas or RTR, forget it.

As an owner of a Yokomo off road car. It was nearly impossible to get parts for it, even when it was a popular car. Xray (which I noticed you didn't mention along with Corally when it came to parts support) most likely would get an and answer of "who??" in that same place. So you can imagine for me how difficult it is to even try and get the shop to find out about new stuff. And geting stuff for cars that are updated every few months?? I'm willing to bet that even for the JRX-S I'll have a hard time finding what I need.

I have had to result to on line purchasing to get even what I want for my Losi due to the fact that LHS "doesn't stock much on road cars". Just like the next person I want to be able to get them to carry the equipment I want, but I wish the interest and the knowlege of the people here selling it would at least be called good. You guys should be happy that you aren't in my area.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by wcoyote
Xray(which I noticed you didn't mention along with Corally when it came to parts support)
Well I was trying to stick to what I knew. Never owned a Xray, so I don't have much info on getting their parts.

Getting back on topic...somewhat. I am looking forward to being able to walk into the shop and pick up a part for the JRX-S. It will certainly be a new experience for me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.