R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   More TC3 Questions.... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/51200-more-tc3-questions.html)

onebeatuptc3 09-25-2004 06:38 PM

More TC3 Questions....

Alright, for the people that use the rear shock towers up front, have you ever run those body posts too? Like have 6 body posts? I was thinking about running these because the base of my windshield seems fairly weak.

Next question,
where can I find some 1/8 x 1/4 bearings (to be used in the steering rack) cheaper then tower and unflanged? The factory team are 10.99 for 4, while i looked it was like 14.99 for 10. Anywhere else have these bearings cheaper?

Next:
I havent noticed much of a difference between performance in the graphite and composite chassis (never ran the composite on the track tho). From your standingpoints, whats the difference?

Thats it for now, i might have more questions later.

TeeCeeRacer 09-25-2004 06:56 PM

I use rear tower on front but have not used the post

I agree on bearings AE sticks it to ya on price

I run TC3 factory team but put a composite chassis on it i like it better for the way i drive

Andy M 09-25-2004 06:59 PM

I would say 6 body posts is a little excessive but its up to you.

Composite vs Graphite....

Composite allows a little more flex in the chassis making the drive a little smoother and better in crashes as some of the impact is absorbed.

Graphite is more brittle so can snap easier but is a stronger material which tightens the car up making it more twitchy and in effect faster, however it can make it harder to drive depending on your driving style.

HTH

Andy

howard hudson 09-25-2004 07:03 PM

use the tc3 thread

dude there is a whole thread on the tc3 and most of the questions you are asking have been asked on it. Try going on it to get your answers Iam not trying to be a azz but cant see cluttering up the forums any more then they are..short cut click here

onebeatuptc3 09-25-2004 07:48 PM

Re: use the tc3 thread

Originally posted by howard hudson
dude there is a whole thread on the tc3 and most of the questions you are asking have been asked on it. Try going on it to get your answers Iam not trying to be a azz but cant see cluttering up the forums any more then they are..short cut click here
not worth trying to look through 50 pages just for an answer, and half the time, when you ask a question in those threads you get over looked by the people talking to one another. :p you basically have to join in a subject and try to become one with the people before they will answer your question.

Desolas 09-26-2004 09:14 AM

If you can get 10 for 14.99 that's not a bad deal, you just have to buy in bulk. You could then turn around and try selling 5 of them on ebay for $6 or something.

Searching around at places that sell bearings in bulk, the general price seems to be about $20 for a lot of 10 in that size, so if you found them for $15 I'd say that's a good deal.

I also agree with you, searching through any of the car related threads is pointless as the search function does not take you to the specific post, or even the page, it's kind of mind numbing the way they have a entire thread per subject/car rather than an actual forum category for it.

It would make way more sense, and be more organized if they had it setup so each huge thread had it's own sub forum rather than just a thread. You can't search, and most of the posts seem to be chatter back and forth between guys who know one another, or it's totally off subject. Now that's clutter.

Jack Smash 09-26-2004 09:40 AM

Most people don't run the bearings in the rack. I know the factory guys don't. I've tried it both ways and the racks seems smoother and stays smoother longer with bushings wear the berings seem to bind it up slightly.

calstarjig90j 09-27-2004 12:51 PM

I use a qtip to occsionally clean between. If you run into a very dusty track then the ball bearings do get gritty. As far as find bearing cheap. My favorite alternate source is with RCboyZ.com They have great prices and even yet if you look real hard on there website and their online store on Ebay you could find really cheap bearings. You can pay as little as 1.50 for each. I personally have got a lot of stuff from them over the past 3 years and I still go to them for a lot of stuff. They have all sorts and sizes, teflon, rubber, polyamide. etc.