Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW ABC HOBBY CHASSIS PLATFORM

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The parts I recieved were purple, as was the parts on Perry's car. So I think that is the only colour they support.

I will get around to replacing the parts on my MWB Grid/Gambado when I get time and post pictures. My MWB chassis is a hybrid and was constructed using two SWB chassis's and cutting exactly and gluing together and an extension piece on the top deck.

When we were at TITC, the CEO from ABC Hobby Japan was in attendance and he took photos of our hybrid chassis's. We also discussed shock replacements and thicker motor mounts. He also had some spares which I required as the track was very harsh on the rear knuckles and spring guide, especially if you rode to close to the kerb coming onto or off the straight at top speed.

The SWB car worked very well on the Ride Inch up tyres and the body of choice was the ABC Swift shell. For th MWB we used the Ride Subaru shell to good effect.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Caltek1, thanks for the info mate. I m really interested in getting this car, our club is having 2WD FF mini class open chassis with open mini rubber tyres and a controlled motor and esc (Hobbywing Justock 11.5t combo) for this. Do you think I need all those option parts to make it handle good and durable? Can you list down parts needed to be stock? I want to order it in one go. One more thing, is this car noisy like my M03?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caltek1
The parts I recieved were purple, as was the parts on Perry's car. So I think that is the only colour they support.

I will get around to replacing the parts on my MWB Grid/Gambado when I get time and post pictures. My MWB chassis is a hybrid and was constructed using two SWB chassis's and cutting exactly and gluing together and an extension piece on the top deck.

When we were at TITC, the CEO from ABC Hobby Japan was in attendance and he took photos of our hybrid chassis's. We also discussed shock replacements and thicker motor mounts. He also had some spares which I required as the track was very harsh on the rear knuckles and spring guide, especially if you rode to close to the kerb coming onto or off the straight at top speed.

The SWB car worked very well on the Ride Inch up tyres and the body of choice was the ABC Swift shell. For th MWB we used the Ride Subaru shell to good effect.

Later,

Calvin.
Thanks for the info 50Cal. Do you think ABC will have new shocks for this car? I know you and cannon said the current ones are rubbish.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Thanks for the info 50Cal. Do you think ABC will have new shocks for this car? I know you and cannon said the current ones are rubbish.
The issue with the current shocks is that the spacers next to the O ring in the bottom of the shock are too thin and do not compress the O ring slightly so the oil just pours out.

On a very smooth track like used at TITC I actually ran the car on the springs only and the car was very good
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

dameetz,

We were running 17.5 no timing SP motors and ESc's with a 31 tooth pinion. This is reasonably quick and the cars did work well stock. I did replace the standard springs with the hopup options and ened up with red front and yellow rear. The oil shocks I built filling the bottom of the shocks with lots of AE green slime, and light oil. I did this with guidance from Perry who was at TITC. The standard motor plate and parts will work, provided you stay off the boards. I had a major off when I bent the right hand side motor plate. Had I known the plate was bent I would not have stripped two of the middle spur gears.

I also rebuilt the standard oil gear diff and put in 500 000 weight oil. There is now a ball diff available for the car which is probably a better option when using a 11.5 turn motor. I have not tried this option yet, but may try it soon.

I used all of the standard parts on my car at TITC, except the option shocks and springs. I tested with both the SWB car and the MWB car and they were both as good as each other. I settled on the MWB as I had the new RX in this car but not in the SWB. I replaced my Tx whilst O/S due to glitching during the finals.

The car is not noisey like the MO3 and the gear mesh is easy to set. You will need to space the motor out so you do not short out the motor wires.

Hope that answers your questions.

Later,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 04-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the shock info cannon! Can you put a shim in to compress the oring?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Sydewynder,

You could fit a 0.1mm thick shim I suppose. I just filled mine with AE green slime. They don't look like they have weeped. I will check again before I use the car.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Thumbs up

RCsoup.com and ABChobby is extending our hobby for a good cause

http://www.rcsoup.com/2012/05/2012-c...raffle-teaser/
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Do you know when you will have the Goose back in stock?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What gear pitch does the Grid run? Is it standard or metric 48 pitch gears?
Thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Also, does the back end of the Grid "chatter" in the corners like the m-03s do?
Thanks.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsmooth
Also, does the back end of the Grid "chatter" in the corners like the m-03s do?
Thanks.
hi drsmooth, the gird has 46 pitch gears (metric), then you say "chatter" do you mean hopping? if it is hopping, the grid out for the box from brushed Silver can to black tune to 21.5 to 17.5 motor the grid is composed, with the stock grid tire upfront and our slick racing tires at the back for a bit more traction in the back you want the front to kinda slide a bit , let me know if you gave other questions thanks
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default grid

i run the grid at TQ Raceway in Chino Ca and its the best and fastest car out at that track. this car is unstopable in the 2wd class. i purchased the new chassis and fing it to be much lighter. car handles great with blue springs in front and stock in back. i am using the stock yellow dampner shocks and have found no need to change them. i do think that we should be able to get some of the hop ups that i have seen in asia. like the carbon fiber braces that run over the motor. not sure who makes them. we are currently running fixed gearing on the grid for everyone and now we need to do open gearing for m03 and m05 because the grid is so fast. hey ABC if you need any test pilots for hop ups let me know. do you have any sponsor programs?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been running a Grid/Gambado now for about 8-9 months and am having problems with the gears stripping (Gear on the back of 50t spur and the one on the end of the shaft). We are running 17.5t, but with low boost. Has anyone got any idea's on why this is happening. Have tried both gear sets (50/25 & 50/30) and replaced other parts on the drivetrain.

Back on page 4, there was a link to 'JetHobby' with someone saying about parts that can replace the thin motor mount. When I clicked the link, I couldn't find anything relevent to this or different to what is ABC's website.

Liam
Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Here you go.....

Motor mount set

Motor mount block set

Alum steering set

Alum suspension mount

I have yet to receive my Gambado, should arrive in my hand by next week. I already ordered a few option parts as above as well as the steel counter gears, I hope I can make it a bit more durable especially the transmission gearings. Anymore that I need to get besides those option parts, how about the arms and steering knuckles are they durable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.