1.) Yes, this means toe out... I played around going between +1 and +0.5 throughout the week... personal preference I suppose. 1' out will make the steering response smoother but yeild a larger turning radius... less toe out will yeild quicker response and generally more over-all steering.
2.) I liked the way running low front diff got into the corner harder (something sort of lacking with a spool) and I liked the way the rear end of the car was a bit more free under power with the diff low... I sort of decided that I wanted to run my diffs low and made my setup work around that.
3.& 4.) Moving the belcranks back did a number of things. I moved my servo back 0.150" to get less weight over the front end, so moving the belcranks back moved the drag link progression back to where it was before...but mainly I did it because I liked the way the ackerman worked in this position... going all the way to the forward hole with the stock belcrank position was too dramatic...this works out to be inbetween those holes and now if I break a spindle or something I don't need to re-drill a custom hole.
Interestingly enough when I wrote the setup down I didn't have the sheet in front of me...so I accidentally said I was in ackerman position #2, I am in fact in #1.. the further back of the two holes.
5.) Yes, that is 5 0.030" losi gold washers on each spindle... you'll need to use a long ballstud for this.
6.) I have driven at speedworld before...but not with this car... So far this setup has worked well at Hesperia and at Tamiya... I plan on starting out with it at Hot Rod this weekend...and at the speedworld cup if I can make it up there !
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Met you at Reedy Practice on Thursday at Tamiya.
I have questions about your JRX-S setup post dated 5/30/05. They are...
1) Toe In/Out - "+1 degree" Is that In or Out? Assuming Out.
2) Diff Heights - Most of the Team Losi appeared to be running both diffs High; but you were low. Benefit(s)?
3) Bell cranks position - What is running the bell cranks back doing for you?
4) Steering geometry - With the bell cranks mounted back .150" and using Ackerman position #2, doesn't your steering linkage go over center and lock?
5) Bump Steer - That's five (5) .030" washers on each spindle?
6) Assuming that you have driven at Speedworld before, would you be starting with your posted setup there?