Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is the estimated release date for the Mongoose? By estimated I mean summer, fall winter or spring (northern hemisphere)?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
The Evicerator

Well a rotor that gives a higher gauss reading generally tends to "pull harder" than a rotor with a lower reading. Meaning that you could "gear it up" more and it would pull the gear better in most situations.

Honestly though whenever you are looking at numbers like that you have to remember that the numbers are relative to the meter you are using only.

I'd say it's probably a good rotor... but without measuring your current rotor with that exact meter you will never know exactly "how much better" it is.

Originally Posted by trailranger
Steve,

I was looking at ebay for a spare rotor for my 3.5 and came across this bizarre listing on ebay

So the question is, compared to normal rotor. What would be the advantage to having a rotor like that?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
The Evicerator

Timmay,

Stuff is starting to move through production as we speak... I'd say we're looking good for a "summer" release.

Originally Posted by timmay70
What is the estimated release date for the Mongoose? By estimated I mean summer, fall winter or spring (northern hemisphere)?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

A local tack guy measured my 4 rotors and all were between the 1230 and 1290 range.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Rookie

hi Steve, can you help me with my novak 10.5 motor's gearing? I've send you a mail but your mail Steve@.... doesn't work...
Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryo Saeba
hi Steve, can you help me with my novak 10.5 motor's gearing? I've send you a mail but your mail Steve@.... doesn't work...
Most out my way are gearing 4.9-5.3 depending on track design and straight away. Some even go 5.5 on the smaller tracks.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve - Will the NOV5465 5-Amp Universal BEC work with a 2S Lipo receiver pack, Airtronics M11 2.4GHz receiver, and 3 servos for use in a large scale vehicle? The 3 offerings from Novak seem like they all do nearly the same thing. Which would be the best for this application? Also, when is Novak going to release a Voltage Cutoff and Voltage Regulator in one package?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 AM
The Evicerator

From my understanding of the zubak meter those readings are pretty good

Originally Posted by trailranger
A local tack guy measured my 4 rotors and all were between the 1230 and 1290 range.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
The Evicerator

Hiya Ryo,

Generally I tell people to start out around 5.5 and go up from there if temperatures allow for it.

You always want to keep your motor running under 170 degrees!

Originally Posted by Ryo Saeba
Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Steve! Good luck at the REEDY RACE!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:54 AM
The Evicerator

Hey Tony,

That particular unit will probably be the best choice for your application.

As far as having a BEC/Lipo Cut off we do have a BEC/lipo monitor... which doesn't cut off... but if there is enough demand for an actually BEC/Cutoff I'm sure it could be done pretty easily with what we already have designed.

I will bring up your request and see what happens!

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Steve - Will the NOV5465 5-Amp Universal BEC work with a 2S Lipo receiver pack, Airtronics M11 2.4GHz receiver, and 3 servos for use in a large scale vehicle? The 3 offerings from Novak seem like they all do nearly the same thing. Which would be the best for this application? Also, when is Novak going to release a Voltage Cutoff and Voltage Regulator in one package?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:55 AM
The Evicerator

Hi J type!

Same to you! See you tomorrow or Thursday!

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Hi Steve! Good luck at the REEDY RACE!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
pH2
Tech Rookie

Smile Shock Assembly (new to xray)

Hey Steve can you share your expertise on the following?

When assembling the shocks, there are two small o rings, one thinner one that goes around the base of the shock body and the thicker one on the piston shaft.

Do you build your shocks without the o-ring that goes on the piston shaft? What difference does this make?

Also are there any advantages to using the aluminum shocks?

Thanks,
Phillip
Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
The Evicerator

Hey Philip,

I always build my shocks up with both orings.

The o-ring on the shaft is necessary to "seal" the shock and keep the oil inside the shock... if you used the shock without that oring I believe all the oil would find its way out very quickly!

Sometimes setup-sheets are kind of difficult to decipher, but I believe what they are referencing is using an extra o-ring on the shock shaft *outside* of the shock body between the shock body and the eyelet for some added dampening near full compression.

Originally Posted by pH2
Hey Steve can you share your expertise on the following?

When assembling the shocks, there are two small o rings, one thinner one that goes around the base of the shock body and the thicker one on the piston shaft.

Do you build your shocks without the o-ring that goes on the piston shaft? What difference does this make?

Also are there any advantages to using the aluminum shocks?

Thanks,
Phillip
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 AM
pH2
Tech Rookie

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the clarification Steve! That makes sense, I was just confused by the setup sheet. I had not read anything about using an extra o-ring on the outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.