R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #931
Tech Master

Anyone know where I can get some Associated 1/12 lexan driver figures? My TOJ just doesn't look right without a driver. (The Bolink driver will not do...)
Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #932
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Have you tried Bluegroove by chance, I know they are not a favorite of some but they may have pulled a mold already.

--->When in doubt try the Search Tab, it can and actually will lead to an Answer!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #933
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi vintage pan car gurus,

Hopefully someone here can help me source a few parts. I'm having no luck for the past several months at my usual channels (RC10Talk.com, eBay) so I'm hoping someone here has these items.

I'm resto-modding a Lucas/A.R.T. Agitator Pro-10 that I got for a song on eBay. The chassis came with half of a set of Sees wheels (yeah, only the right side...weird), I was able to track down a full set, plus a pair to complete the existing half-set. The chassis itself was in amazing condition, the plate didn't have a scratch on it! The only part that had wear & tear (and minor wear, at that) was the T-bar assembly. Even that looked pretty good.

Anyway, I just can't seem to find a pair of these pivot sockets; they're about 5mm thick and have 2 mounting holes instead of 4. My "good" one isn't smooth and the bad one...well, I think somebody stripped out the threads in the plastic and decided to mash some tiny nuts onto the mounting screws, which damaged the plastic. I'd really like to make some progress on this build, it's going to be amazing when it's finished...but these pivot mounts are holding me up!

I could also use those special flanged, inside-threaded washer-nuts (or whatever they're called); they insert into the 3 holes in the T-bar and fit flush with the top T-bar surface.

If anybody can help me out, it would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-pivotmounts2.jpg   Classic 1/12th-chassis_before2.jpg  
Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Hi vintage pan car gurus,

Hopefully someone here can help me source a few parts. I'm having no luck for the past several months at my usual channels (RC10Talk.com, eBay) so I'm hoping someone here has these items.

I'm resto-modding a Lucas/A.R.T. Agitator Pro-10 that I got for a song on eBay. The chassis came with half of a set of Sees wheels (yeah, only the right side...weird), I was able to track down a full set, plus a pair to complete the existing half-set. The chassis itself was in amazing condition, the plate didn't have a scratch on it! The only part that had wear & tear (and minor wear, at that) was the T-bar assembly. Even that looked pretty good.

Anyway, I just can't seem to find a pair of these pivot sockets; they're about 5mm thick and have 2 mounting holes instead of 4. My "good" one isn't smooth and the bad one...well, I think somebody stripped out the threads in the plastic and decided to mash some tiny nuts onto the mounting screws, which damaged the plastic. I'd really like to make some progress on this build, it's going to be amazing when it's finished...but these pivot mounts are holding me up!

I could also use those special flanged, inside-threaded washer-nuts (or whatever they're called); they insert into the 3 holes in the T-bar and fit flush with the top T-bar surface.

If anybody can help me out, it would be much appreciated!
The pivots are the same as what was used on the Delta Super Spyder, so perhaps you could use that for a search reference. I think Ken Campbell/Delta is still around, and they may have those parts left over, you could try to call them.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #935
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This was posted in another thread but I figured I'd share it here too. A Japanese RC blog that is an absolute gold mine for classic 12th scale pictures...

http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/

Enjoy!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #936
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bolink Eliminator

This got me back into rc a couple of years ago with my sons. I raced this when I was a teen. A small indoor carpet track opened so I went to the hobby shop and bought a brushless esc and 10.5 motor with a 2 cell saddle pack .I put rc10 battery trays,1 on each side,in it for the saddles,largest pinion and smallest spur I had and could not believe the speed and run time. Been hooked on rc again ever since. We currently race off-road but are starting some touring car.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-image.jpg  
Trevor-B6/Tc6.2/VBC 1/12-HobbyWing,Trinity,Futaba
Our home track is Beachline Raceway
rmtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #937
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bolink Eliminator

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-image.jpg  
Trevor-B6/Tc6.2/VBC 1/12-HobbyWing,Trinity,Futaba
Our home track is Beachline Raceway
rmtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #938
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those Bolink 12th cars are great, I never had one in the day as they were near impossible to get in OZ. I can see how you would want to run it
Old 10-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #939
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Mardave

Got this and a rough Tamiya Hornet in a garge sale bin. It was all in it's bags with only the body painted,

Built it up quick last night and even used a stick radio it came with a "25 minute" 12v charger... So sketchy!!!

It works great on my garage floor and I can't wait to take it around our carpet track here in Portland.

The Mardave website looks current and active. I believe this model is a V12 Banger.... heard rumors of oval and maybe figure 8.

Anyone else use these in the states? They build up quick and remind me of Legends cars.

tommy911t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #940
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello y'all..guess I need to introduce myself, my name is Cash. Just joined Rctech, seems like there's more discussion about Vintage rc racing than anywhere else. I'm mostly into airplanes, but I did a lot of 1/10th off road racing about 89/90, and when I got out of the Air Force, my buddy and I drove a couple of 1/12th scale cars in some one-on-one Racine...that was quite a while ago, well before the birth of my daughter, who is now 9. Long story short, she has an. Rc truck, I'm building an rc truck, and I found these 2 1/12 scale chassis in my stash of rc stuff. I cannot for the life of me remember what these were, I think one is a Bolink, but my memory is a little foggy..any help highly appreciated, as I need to get parts...bearings and tires/wheels.
Thanks!
Cash
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-image.jpg  
cashrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #941
Tech Rookie

Another shot
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-image.jpg  
Old 12-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #942
Tech Addict

The car with the black chassis is a Parma Panther and the other is a Team Associated RC12E. The parts for the old Parma my be tough to come by. Especially the beam front end. The Team Associated you may have a better chance of finding these parts.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #943
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
The car with the black chassis is a Parma Panther and the other is a Team Associated RC12E. The parts for the old Parma my be tough to come by. Especially the beam front end. The Team Associated you may have a better chance of finding these parts.
Thank you very much. I saw a picture of the later Panther, and saw some similarities, but. Not an exact match. I remember seeing pics of the 12E, but I didn't have the car in front of me at the time so i didn't put 2 and 2together.
Both chassis are in good shape, I'm in dire need of tires. Seems like most of the newer stuff uses a 3bolt rear, is there any 2 bolt rears still being produced, or should I start perusing ebay?
Again, thank you, I intend to get these old girls on the road after I get my latest plane finished, and my rere Stadium Blitzer built..
Cash
Old 12-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #944
Tech Fanatic

I don't think that is a 12E. See this site for some possibilities...

http://www.rc-car-museum.de/1_12_Mod...o_rc_12_e.html
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #945
Tech Master

The front suspension is not standard 12E, but the rest of the car certainly looks like it's all 12E to me.