R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #61
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
No I wont run them. Im just glad I got these cars but we have no classics racing here. Also 1/12th racing is very limited to just a few races and will stop now as the outdoor season will begin.
If I race 1/12th then this is with my BMI DB12RR, all other cars are just for the shelf and enjoying what had been engineered in the past.
LOL I just about in the same situation. Just picked up a BMI DB12R also. However it still needs some parts to complete because it was a partial roller. The summer season is about to kick up so I'll be spending time outdoor with my 1/8 Serpent. Looking to pick up parts for the BMI along the way to have it completed by winter(Its a slow project plan).

Bakaguyjean - I have the body shell for the Ashura. Its painted and decaled and in fair to good condition. If someone can tell me how to back pour the body without damaging it, I'd be willing to give it a try to get a mold for new vac forms.
Here'a pic off the net.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #62
Tech Addict
 
clinehobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maricopa, Arizona
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
This is easily the coolest thread EVER on this site!!!

Bud brought that car to the US Indoor Champs, last year, or the year before. Ahhh, nostalgia. Who remembers TEAC, and Tigermilk?
Here are some pictures of Bud's Parma Euro Panther that won the 84 stock worlds. I picked it from Bud in Dec of 09 for my collection. along with the car bud sent me some Photo copied articales and the acutal timing computer print out from the 84 worlds A Main. I think the 84 world was the first time they used the computer to count laps. Here are some pictures of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-102_8615.jpg   Classic 1/12th-102_8616.jpg   Classic 1/12th-102_8617.jpg  
clinehobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #63
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Personally, I always loved the Corally front beam.
It was always stable. At least on carpet.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post

Here's pic off the net.
Nice picture !



I wonder which of the two offers the most downforce...
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #64
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomster View Post
Love the old stuff,all this brings back good times when I was young now 46 and still enjoy my 1/12th,seeing this stuff makes me feel sad that I did not keep my old stuff,when you move around it all seem to disappear.
+1

I let go of my rc12L club racer 8 - 9 years ago for $50.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #65
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Older GTP bodies beat today's 1/12 bodies hands down.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #66
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,632
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

That Hirobo limited is sweet, love the authentic wheels.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #67
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,552
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
Older GTP bodies beat today's 1/12 bodies hands down.

I agree with you a 1000%, but have you tried to use one of the older bodies against newer bodies in a fast class. No contest, newer bodies will always win. I would love for the TOJ to be used again.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #68
Tech Master
 
wingman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tewkesbury, UK via Plymouth, UK.
Posts: 1,259
Default

I have a couple of brand new Sarak Toj bodyshells that I was going to try out on my car this weekend. I'll let you know who it goes! Oh, and if anyone's intrested in trying one out for themselves, call Wim at Action Model Centre here in the UK, as he has a big stack of them in his van! Cheers, Chris.
__________________
Sponsored by CML Distribution - http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #69
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,087
Default

A few years ago I tried a Nissan P35 back to back with a Speed12. I wasn't even funny, I didn't run the whole 8 minutes with the P35 and pulled out early.

But boy was there room under the nissan shell with a neat and tidy radio setup done for the speed12 !

I do like the old looks, though. I have a grey Jerobee chassis that I totally hacked when I was kid ( no idea what I was doing back then).It has a overhanging motor behind the rear axle, and no diff . Spur is 32dp. I'll eventually renew it a little and run it since it's far from a shelf queen and I have lots of glued tires for the car. I got it with machined aluminium rear wheels, they bend easily but look super cool. I'll be sure to post pictures here when(if) I ever get a digital camera.

Check out www.overrc.com for super clean resto's of old 1/12 stuff. Ayk, Delta, Schum...
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #70
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
A few years ago I tried a Nissan P35 back to back with a Speed12. I wasn't even funny, I didn't run the whole 8 minutes with the P35 and pulled out early.

But boy was there room under the nissan shell with a neat and tidy radio setup done for the speed12 !

I do like the old looks, though. I have a grey Jerobee chassis that I totally hacked when I was kid ( no idea what I was doing back then).It has a overhanging motor behind the rear axle, and no diff . Spur is 32dp. I'll eventually renew it a little and run it since it's far from a shelf queen and I have lots of glued tires for the car. I got it with machined aluminium rear wheels, they bend easily but look super cool. I'll be sure to post pictures here when(if) I ever get a digital camera.

Check out www.overrc.com for super clean resto's of old 1/12 stuff. Ayk, Delta, Schum...
I don't know about the Protoform P35, but the Fast Fashion Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo body still works well for 17.5



__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #71
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I don't know about the Protoform P35, but the Fast Fashion Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo body still works well for 17.5



LOL I haven't seen Fast Fashion since 1988. Are those bodies still being sold? I know David Berger (one of the creators) is still around racing RC every now and then.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #72
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinehobbies View Post
Here are some pictures of Bud's Parma Euro Panther that won the 84 stock worlds. I picked it from Bud in Dec of 09 for my collection. along with the car bud sent me some Photo copied articales and the acutal timing computer print out from the 84 worlds A Main. I think the 84 world was the first time they used the computer to count laps. Here are some pictures of the car.
damn sweet indeed. to think a couple names on that list are still poundin around almost 30yrs later. sure rick howart will find this thread and quickly rememberin his name up near the sharp end of that result.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #73
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,552
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
LOL I haven't seen Fast Fashion since 1988. Are those bodies still being sold? I know David Berger (one of the creators) is still around racing RC every now and then.

RedbullFiXX is Dave Berger, and those pictures were from last years Nats at Norcal I believe, and I was there to see it.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #74
Tech Initiate
 
gkraios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere dreaming of Mike Pulfer!
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I know a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Who remembers TEAC?
Dosie, his highschool girlfriend and Dave Pulfer.

Easily one of the best stories I've ever heard!
__________________
"Do I Need To Get A Fire Extinguisher?" - dfilo123 aka "Sugar Dougie"
gkraios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post

Bakaguyjean - I have the body shell for the Ashura. Its painted and decaled and in fair to good condition. If someone can tell me how to back pour the body without damaging it, I'd be willing to give it a try to get a mold for new vac forms.
I dont think it would be a very good idea to even try with your body,just to be safe. It diffenently wouldnt leave it un touched trying to copy it. The Tamiya Tom`s body is different but it is modeled after the same car,so it not to far off on looks if you want something to run
.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sedan vs 1/12th scale budget Iceracer Electric On-Road 21 03-12-2007 07:06 AM
1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get? Motor City Hami Electric On-Road 14 03-27-2006 10:05 AM
CRC T-Force 1/12th scale letitroll R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 11-28-2005 06:26 PM
2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway AdrianM Electric On-Road 2162 12-29-2004 03:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net