R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #556
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Got some old Kawada M300 1/12th cars and parts and trying to restore them now. Looking for manuals for M300, M300EX and M300RS. These are the first 3 cars Kawada was making.
You should ask Kawada,I bought Wolf Wheels from them last year,same wheels the M300 used untill they went to the bearings in the wheels. They know thier history so they can help you with some information,a manual shouldnt to hard for them to come up with.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #557
Tech Fanatic

Here is my vintage car back in early 80's

This is the original chassis scanned picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is an electronic speedo version I bought lately in the states:

and its new bodyshell

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #558
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
All I have is the M300RSX, M300RSW and the M300SX. Would any of those be similar enough to be of any help?
I think these are too different from the early M300 cars. Here you can find pictures from them http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/RadioCo...05142005-4.htm just scroll down.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #559
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
You should ask Kawada,I bought Wolf Wheels from them last year,same wheels the M300 used untill they went to the bearings in the wheels. They know thier history so they can help you with some information,a manual shouldnt to hard for them to come up with.
I have send them a mail just hope they do reply as I wrote in English not Japanese language.
Which front wheels are working for the front hubs just the yellow ones? I think they went away from the front hubs after the M300RS but donīt know what wheels had the RS.

BTW what is the difference between Kawada and Kawada Wolf? I have seen pics from the Wolf RX230 and RX430 but these are completely different cars than the M300 series. Is the Wolf just for 4WD cars or is there maybe an other brand involved like AYK and AYK Ishihara?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
I have send them a mail just hope they do reply as I wrote in English not Japanese language.
Which front wheels are working for the front hubs just the yellow ones? I think they went away from the front hubs after the M300RS but donīt know what wheels had the RS.

BTW what is the difference between Kawada and Kawada Wolf? I have seen pics from the Wolf RX230 and RX430 but these are completely different cars than the M300 series. Is the Wolf just for 4WD cars or is there maybe an other brand involved like AYK and AYK Ishihara?
The Wolf car is pre M300. Circa around the same time as the Kyosho Fantom / Plazma series. The RX430 is a chain driven 4wd car much like all the others at that time. I suspect that the RX230 is just the 2wd version of that. Kawada recently re-released it some years ago a la Tamiya re-releases that were limited.

I remember seeing pictures or the early M300 and they looked more like a Japanese version of the RC12L.

BTW, if you do get a bite on your e-mail, could you please pass along your contact there? I have a few parts which I've been trying hard to get but can't source through any of the online outlets.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #561
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just found this thread whilst looking for the other 1/12 thread. So cool!
1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #562
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
The Wolf car is pre M300. Circa around the same time as the Kyosho Fantom / Plazma series. The RX430 is a chain driven 4wd car much like all the others at that time. I suspect that the RX230 is just the 2wd version of that. Kawada recently re-released it some years ago a la Tamiya re-releases that were limited.

I remember seeing pictures or the early M300 and they looked more like a Japanese version of the RC12L.

BTW, if you do get a bite on your e-mail, could you please pass along your contact there? I have a few parts which I've been trying hard to get but can't source through any of the online outlets.
The RX230 is a Wolf RX430 without the 4WD drive system,basically just missing the chain and the front dog bones and oneway.
The M300 is a Japanese version of the RC12L the whole M300 line up is just a copy of the RC12 series. Yokomo has allways charged way to much for The whole RC12 line up here in Japan so the Kawada was allways cheaper here in Japan untill the RC12 went to China.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #563
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:

Yes the early M300 looked a little like RC12L and at the website from Kimihiko http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/RadioCo...05142005-4.htm you can find pictures from all of the old versions starting at 1987.

I have the RRC magazine from the UK where in 1989 they were testing the RX230. They wrote you could build the RX230 as 2WD and 4WD version.
I found at RedRC.net now a news from 2004 where they posted the re-release of the RX430 and the original RX430 as of 1985.
I think thatīs curious as for me the RX230 looks the same as the RX430.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #564
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Wheels,the RS used the yellow wheels,they quickly changed over to the dish wheels though for the M300RSZ.You can use both the yellow wheels and the Wolf wheels on the M300RS. You can see when the change in the rear hubs,the yellow wheels have a different offset than the wheels that came with the M300RSZ.
The yellow wheels you are talking about have a rear offset much the same as the Kyosho cars at the time.
The M300RSZ was the first car to come with the current type wheels.Both front and rear on the M300RSZ were the new type wheel.

About the Wolf, There are basically two place in Japan where rc is big. Osaka and Toyko area.
Kawada and ABC Hobby are Osaka companies, Kyosho,AYK and Yokomo are/were Tokyo companies.So for a while in the 80s Osaka and Tokyo were doing things a little different because they seperated most of the year untill the big races. So Kawada did most of thier own designs without help from Ishihara or Ichimura. Ishihara and Ichimura were both Tokyo people. And Hirosaka did most of the early ABC stuff when in Osaka before moving to Yokomo.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #565
V12
Tech Elite

Thatīs some interesting facts. Thanks for sharing.
Now after looking again at the RSZ I notice the different length for the rear hubs.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #566
Tech Regular

Just wanted to share my beloved 80's Tamiya 1/12s!

My Rothmans Porsche 956 RM:
Classic 1/12th-tamiya-rothmans-porsche-956rm.jpg

And Senna Camel Lotus 99T (still working on shell!):
Classic 1/12th-tamiya-senna-camel-lotus-99t.jpg
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
..... About the Wolf, There are basically two place in Japan where rc is big. Osaka and Toyko area.
Kawada and ABC Hobby are Osaka companies, Kyosho,AYK and Yokomo are/were Tokyo companies.So for a while in the 80s Osaka and Tokyo were doing things a little different because they seperated most of the year untill the big races. So Kawada did most of thier own designs without help from Ishihara or Ichimura. Ishihara and Ichimura were both Tokyo people. And Hirosaka did most of the early ABC stuff when in Osaka before moving to Yokomo.
Sounds like an East Coast / West Coast thing. Took a look at the map, its sort of the same thing except Osaka is not quite east or west.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #568
Tech Fanatic

Default Corally

Looking for some help with a Corally,I dont know the name right now but all of the rubber parts are shot. "O" rings Im not to worried about but I dont know the part number for that center rubber piece.I looked at Corally but I can not find the part number or manual.
To me this used to be something that made Corally`s special but they dont use it anymore.
Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #569
Tech Regular

Tell me which corally model and perhaps I can help.

Perhaps #75351 Damper Set Rear for SP12M model

Regards

Last edited by rokosam; 11-12-2011 at 06:25 AM.
rokosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #570
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Looking for some help with a Corally,I dont know the name right now but all of the rubber parts are shot. "O" rings Im not to worried about but I dont know the part number for that center rubber piece.I looked at Corally but I can not find the part number or manual.
To me this used to be something that made Corally`s special but they dont use it anymore.
Any help would be great. Thanks
I have som e Corally manual, from your description, it is the thick rubber gromet on the friction damper, put a picture of your chassis for us to see which model.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote