R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #511
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Fairly advanced tech here.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I most definitely agree.

Given the latest rage in offset inline battery mounting on 1/12's lately, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a center mounted steering servo saver a la XRay T2 / AE TC6 just like Tamiya did back in the day.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #512
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Surprise, surprise at least one manufacturer plays with that at a new prototype http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...port-ch12r.jpg
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #513
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Surprise, surprise at least one manufacturer plays with that at a new prototype http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...port-ch12r.jpg
As batteries get smaller we might see alot more stuff like this in 1/12.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #514
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Something old and something new.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-plazma-old-new.jpg  
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #515
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just got offered old AYK NX101 and Mugen Cosmic cars. Both are not complete and maybe not in perfect conditions but interesting cars.

Someone has those cars or is an expert for those? Are there any spares still available somewhere?
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #516
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
I just got offered old AYK NX101 and Mugen Cosmic cars. Both are not complete and maybe not in perfect conditions but interesting cars.

Someone has those cars or is an expert for those? Are there any spares still available somewhere?
Most spares on Ebay are overpriced and not what you need.
What comsic can you get? There are many different types.
This is the best referance for Japanese 1/12th in the world. Better than Delta Mania
http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/
I like both of these cars but you will never find that many spares for them as they just were not exported that much.
You would have to use Yahoo Actuions Japan to find anything useful. That ends up costing a lot more than you might think.
Its best to buy them very cheap and just clean what you have.
If you get them post some pictures.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #517
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
This is the best referance for Japanese 1/12th in the world. Better than Delta Mania
http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/
Thanks for the link.

I like this one. Its similar to a project I've been thinking of doing. Putting together a Fantom on a Plazma Mk3 chassis.



YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #518
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Most spares on Ebay are overpriced and not what you need.
What comsic can you get? There are many different types.
This is the best referance for Japanese 1/12th in the world. Better than Delta Mania
http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/
I like both of these cars but you will never find that many spares for them as they just were not exported that much.
You would have to use Yahoo Actuions Japan to find anything useful. That ends up costing a lot more than you might think.
Its best to buy them very cheap and just clean what you have.
If you get them post some pictures.
Thanks for the link. The manual for the Mugen says Cosmic GP/M but it has aluminium rear pod. The Cosmic GP/M at the link has plastic rear pod as it seems.
Otherwise looks same for me. From what I can see just the body mounts are missing at the Mugen.

For the NX101 the complete frontend is missing beside the aluminium front beam. It is possible the aluminium parts for the front wheels quick change system are included with the car.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #519
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Thanks for the link.

I like this one. Its similar to a project I've been thinking of doing. Putting together a Fantom on a Plazma Mk3 chassis.



This AYK and the Kyosho Fanthom were designed together,with the help from the owner of The Ichimura Circuit in Yokohama. Thats why most of the parts look the same.
Ichimura was THE place to run RC in Japan in the 80s. Much like Yatabe is now.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #520
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Thanks for the link. The manual for the Mugen says Cosmic GP/M but it has aluminium rear pod. The Cosmic GP/M at the link has plastic rear pod as it seems.
Otherwise looks same for me. From what I can see just the body mounts are missing at the Mugen.

For the NX101 the complete frontend is missing beside the aluminium front beam. It is possible the aluminium parts for the front wheels quick change system are included with the car.
THe cosmic GP/M is a really interesting car,but the rear gear box isnt plastic,its magnesium. Most of the used cars have the coating flaking off or removed. Both cars are intersting but it will be hard to find parts for out of Japan.
There are ways to make the NX101 up good enough for the shelf untill you find the parts if you get replacements.
But they are both interesting cars.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #521
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
This AYK and the Kyosho Fanthom were designed together,with the help from the owner of The Ichimura Circuit in Yokohama. Thats why most of the parts look the same.
Ichimura was THE place to run RC in Japan in the 80s. Much like Yatabe is now.
It seems like every 4wd 1/12 at that time all have the same design for the front other than Hirobo. They, AYK, Kyosho, ABC, Kawada, etc.. all have that double deck front end with thcvoe alum. bulkheads. Was there ever a belt conversion for the chain drive?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 AM   #522
Tech Regular
 
2wheels4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA North County
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default RC12LW questions

So I just picked up a vintage RC12LW in pretty good condition and wanted to know what upgrades are still out there for it and what it's value might be. It has the graphite chassis and is all stock, and no missing parts. Looking for an older unpainted body for it and other parts so if anyone knows of a good web site for finding new old stock or new parts that work on the 12lw that would be great.

John
2wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #523
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
It seems like every 4wd 1/12 at that time all have the same design for the front other than Hirobo. They, AYK, Kyosho, ABC, Kawada, etc.. all have that double deck front end with thcvoe alum. bulkheads. Was there ever a belt conversion for the chain drive?
There wasnt a belt drive conversion for any of the cars and for the front there there really wasnt any other ideas other than Hirobo`s.The only real differences is ABC and Kawada had nylon front bulkheads,but ABC had optional alloy pieces.
Most companies selling point for the 4WD cars was the rear end. The front worked fine so they focused on the rear,so some have ball diffs(ABC) and some had gear diffs. The "T" bars were the other selling point and some are very bad and others work good enough.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #524
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 123
Default Kyosho Plazma 2011?

Anyone know if this is real? Is Kyosho re-releasing the Plazma for 2011?

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/0...-race-car.html
sundevil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #525
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil67 View Post
Anyone know if this is real? Is Kyosho re-releasing the Plazma for 2011?

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/0...-race-car.html
Very real indeed
Look HERE
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sedan vs 1/12th scale budget Iceracer Electric On-Road 21 03-12-2007 07:06 AM
1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get? Motor City Hami Electric On-Road 14 03-27-2006 10:05 AM
CRC T-Force 1/12th scale letitroll R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 11-28-2005 06:26 PM
2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway AdrianM Electric On-Road 2162 12-29-2004 03:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net