Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Fairly advanced tech here.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I most definitely agree.

Given the latest rage in offset inline battery mounting on 1/12's lately, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a center mounted steering servo saver a la XRay T2 / AE TC6 just like Tamiya did back in the day.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Surprise, surprise at least one manufacturer plays with that at a new prototype http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...port-ch12r.jpg
Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by V12
Surprise, surprise at least one manufacturer plays with that at a new prototype http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...port-ch12r.jpg
As batteries get smaller we might see alot more stuff like this in 1/12.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Something old and something new.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-plazma-old-new.jpg  
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 AM
V12
Tech Elite

I just got offered old AYK NX101 and Mugen Cosmic cars. Both are not complete and maybe not in perfect conditions but interesting cars.

Someone has those cars or is an expert for those? Are there any spares still available somewhere?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by V12
I just got offered old AYK NX101 and Mugen Cosmic cars. Both are not complete and maybe not in perfect conditions but interesting cars.

Someone has those cars or is an expert for those? Are there any spares still available somewhere?
Most spares on Ebay are overpriced and not what you need.
What comsic can you get? There are many different types.
This is the best referance for Japanese 1/12th in the world. Better than Delta Mania
http://onceuponatime.sblo.jp/
I like both of these cars but you will never find that many spares for them as they just were not exported that much.
You would have to use Yahoo Actuions Japan to find anything useful. That ends up costing a lot more than you might think.
Its best to buy them very cheap and just clean what you have.
If you get them post some pictures.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
This is the best referance for Japanese 1/12th in the world. Better than Delta Mania
Thanks for the link.

I like this one. Its similar to a project I've been thinking of doing. Putting together a Fantom on a Plazma Mk3 chassis.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:48 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Most spares on Ebay are overpriced and not what you need.
What comsic can you get? There are many different types.
I like both of these cars but you will never find that many spares for them as they just were not exported that much.
You would have to use Yahoo Actuions Japan to find anything useful. That ends up costing a lot more than you might think.
Its best to buy them very cheap and just clean what you have.
If you get them post some pictures.
Thanks for the link. The manual for the Mugen says Cosmic GP/M but it has aluminium rear pod. The Cosmic GP/M at the link has plastic rear pod as it seems.
Otherwise looks same for me. From what I can see just the body mounts are missing at the Mugen.

For the NX101 the complete frontend is missing beside the aluminium front beam. It is possible the aluminium parts for the front wheels quick change system are included with the car.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Thanks for the link.

I like this one. Its similar to a project I've been thinking of doing. Putting together a Fantom on a Plazma Mk3 chassis.

This AYK and the Kyosho Fanthom were designed together,with the help from the owner of The Ichimura Circuit in Yokohama. Thats why most of the parts look the same.
Ichimura was THE place to run RC in Japan in the 80s. Much like Yatabe is now.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by V12
Thanks for the link. The manual for the Mugen says Cosmic GP/M but it has aluminium rear pod. The Cosmic GP/M at the link has plastic rear pod as it seems.
Otherwise looks same for me. From what I can see just the body mounts are missing at the Mugen.

For the NX101 the complete frontend is missing beside the aluminium front beam. It is possible the aluminium parts for the front wheels quick change system are included with the car.
THe cosmic GP/M is a really interesting car,but the rear gear box isnt plastic,its magnesium. Most of the used cars have the coating flaking off or removed. Both cars are intersting but it will be hard to find parts for out of Japan.
There are ways to make the NX101 up good enough for the shelf untill you find the parts if you get replacements.
But they are both interesting cars.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

This AYK and the Kyosho Fanthom were designed together,with the help from the owner of The Ichimura Circuit in Yokohama. Thats why most of the parts look the same.
Ichimura was THE place to run RC in Japan in the 80s. Much like Yatabe is now.
It seems like every 4wd 1/12 at that time all have the same design for the front other than Hirobo. They, AYK, Kyosho, ABC, Kawada, etc.. all have that double deck front end with thcvoe alum. bulkheads. Was there ever a belt conversion for the chain drive?
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default RC12LW questions

So I just picked up a vintage RC12LW in pretty good condition and wanted to know what upgrades are still out there for it and what it's value might be. It has the graphite chassis and is all stock, and no missing parts. Looking for an older unpainted body for it and other parts so if anyone knows of a good web site for finding new old stock or new parts that work on the 12lw that would be great.

John
Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
It seems like every 4wd 1/12 at that time all have the same design for the front other than Hirobo. They, AYK, Kyosho, ABC, Kawada, etc.. all have that double deck front end with thcvoe alum. bulkheads. Was there ever a belt conversion for the chain drive?
There wasnt a belt drive conversion for any of the cars and for the front there there really wasnt any other ideas other than Hirobo`s.The only real differences is ABC and Kawada had nylon front bulkheads,but ABC had optional alloy pieces.
Most companies selling point for the 4WD cars was the rear end. The front worked fine so they focused on the rear,so some have ball diffs(ABC) and some had gear diffs. The "T" bars were the other selling point and some are very bad and others work good enough.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho Plazma 2011?

Anyone know if this is real? Is Kyosho re-releasing the Plazma for 2011?

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/0...-race-car.html
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Anyone know if this is real? Is Kyosho re-releasing the Plazma for 2011?

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/0...-race-car.html
Very real indeed
Look HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.