Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd love to get hold of a Hara Hammer.
If there's anyone out there who wants to get rid of one and is willing to ship to Australia let me know.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
1991 12th Worlds at "The Ranch"

This one has been in my fav's for a while now.
Good time to share I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs94vDnc2TA

That's actually the 1991 Roar Nationals, I was there also running 1/10th pan car. About 15 or so from my neck of the woods travelled from the Pacific NW for that race. It was a blast, but unfortuately my best run was mis counted, so I finished lower than where I thought I should have.

If you look at the history of the IFMAR 1/12th worlds, they have always been on even numbered years starting in 1982.

That is a good video though and at the Ranch which is nice, My video which I will post if from the Treedity Shoot Out, no not a misspelling, Trinity and Reedy were joint sponsors so they combined the names into the title of the race. I was at this race with my brother and we had a video camera. They allowed us up on the Drivers stand to shoot our video.

The year before that, I was at the Trinity Shoot Out with a friend, and we took pictures of that race. Joel Johnson running a 12L, Bob Light and Dave Heckler running TRC Pro 12's. Both of these races were at the Ranch in Pomona, Ca.

Steve

Last edited by corallyman; 05-12-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

The rear suspension used on the Hammer and HPI's F1 and Roadstar was definately interesting...I just found it had way too much bind in it and never could get it as smooth as it needed to be.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I'd love to get hold of a Hara Hammer.
If there's anyone out there who wants to get rid of one and is willing to ship to Australia let me know.
You can get copy of the chassis plates from Fiber Lyte in England,and the rest of the parts show upon Ebay often.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The rear suspension used on the Hammer and HPI's F1 and Roadstar was definately interesting...I just found it had way too much bind in it and never could get it as smooth as it needed to be.
I have never heard this about the HPI rear suspension,the Racing Star cars are used for a lot of different classes here. Everything from World GT type cars to Velodrome racing. The Hammer has a very thin chassis and my friends was stiff when he first had it but, the chassis has gotten very soft so he uses two chassis plates instead of one now. But one very nice thing about the Hammer is you can fit a full size 2 cell LiPo in there if you want.I have a friend that runs one ths way.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Maybe it's just me, but nothing you could buy off the shelf in the last 10-15 years is classic or "vintage." Hara cars, included.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by squarehead
Maybe it's just me, but nothing you could buy off the shelf in the last 10-15 years is classic or "vintage." Hara cars, included.
I don't agree. With the rapid advancement of chassis technology over the last fifteen years, I think anything around 10ys. old is classic, 15+years is vintage/historical.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
1991 12th Worlds at "The Ranch"

This one has been in my fav's for a while now.
Good time to share I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs94vDnc2TA
Funny those cars are like boosted 17.5 speed or slower from the looks of it.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I don't agree. With the rapid advancement of chassis technology over the last fifteen years, I think anything around 10ys. old is classic, 15+years is vintage/historical.
Then you might as well say anything that uses round cells is vintage. That's really kinda silly. 1/12th scale electric cars have been raced for almost 40 years. A 2003 Hara Hammer is not a vintage or classic R/C car by any means.

Generally, in the R/C collector's world, anything pre-1993 is considered vintage. I could accept that anything in the 1/12th world that was pre-link design or even pre 3-bolt wheel design would be an older era, but showing cars (or conversions) that you could still buy from Stormer's website in 2008 is kind of a stretch.

I'm just sayin'.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by squarehead
but showing cars (or conversions) that you could still buy from Stormer's website in 2008 is kind of a stretch.

I'm just sayin'.
There was a hobby store not too long ago that was liquidating NIB old stock. One of his kits was an AYK RX1200, it was new and sold by a hobby store, so it doesn't qualify as vintage?

10 yrs in this hobby is an ETERNITY technologically speaking, and anything with a T-bar can now be considered antique...... I'm just sayin'
Old 05-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Funny those cars are like boosted 17.5 speed or slower from the looks of it.
And it's only taken 20 years to make that much progress. Of course if they had 6000 mah batteries back then, they could've geared up and gone much faster........
Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No need to split hairs on whats considered old enough to be called vintage. If you ran it back in the day, even if your day was only a few years ago then to you it's prob vintage. Lets see more old car pictures and more old stories
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
That's actually the 1991 Roar Nationals, I was there also running 1/10th pan car. About 15 or so from my neck of the woods travelled from the Pacific NW for that race. It was a blast, but unfortuately my best run was mis counted, so I finished lower than where I thought I should have.

If you look at the history of the IFMAR 1/12th worlds, they have always been on even numbered years starting in 1982.

That is a good video though and at the Ranch which is nice, My video which I will post if from the Treedity Shoot Out, no not a misspelling, Trinity and Reedy were joint sponsors so they combined the names into the title of the race. I was at this race with my brother and we had a video camera. They allowed us up on the Drivers stand to shoot our video.

The year before that, I was at the Trinity Shoot Out with a friend, and we took pictures of that race. Joel Johnson running a 12L, Bob Light and Dave Heckler running TRC Pro 12's.

Steve
You are correct Sir.
Funny thing is that I knew that, and still made the mistake
Old 05-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
I have never heard this about the HPI rear suspension,the Racing Star cars are used for a lot of different classes here. Everything from World GT type cars to Velodrome racing. The Hammer has a very thin chassis and my friends was stiff when he first had it but, the chassis has gotten very soft so he uses two chassis plates instead of one now. But one very nice thing about the Hammer is you can fit a full size 2 cell LiPo in there if you want.I have a friend that runs one ths way.
The rear suspension used on the Hara Hammer was originally used on the HPI Super F1 then later by the Roadstar 10 and the 10GW.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I always wanted a 12i and 12e....ah, the old days....

If anyone wants a built, but never run 12LW; PM your email address and I'll get you some pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.