R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Touring Car carpet tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/50782-touring-car-carpet-tires.html)

powerpark 09-20-2004 05:59 PM

Touring Car carpet tires

What are the best carpet foam touring car tires? I use TRC right now, but I would like to try out other tires. Can someone recommend another brand and how they like them.
Thanks!

mike ivy 09-20-2004 06:09 PM

you could try jaco's they are go carpet tires

JDXray 09-20-2004 06:19 PM

Try some TRC Purple/Plaid or some Jacos Orange Pink/ Purple or DBL Pink Orange/ Dbl Pink work very well. Umm Jaco DBL Pink/ Dbl Purple work well too. Just gotta ask some local racers what they use.

Jon

Dougnuts55 09-20-2004 06:22 PM

Why are touring foams so expensive and nitro so cheap.

Doug

JDXray 09-20-2004 06:23 PM

I dunno i wish they were cheaper. I got mine on sale for 17 :rolleyes: they were 23 :weird:

John Tag 09-20-2004 06:31 PM

Originally posted by JDXray
I dunno i wish they were cheaper. I got mine on sale for 17 :rolleyes: they were 23 :weird:
Trinity TRC tires on shop a tron 16.95 per set

powerpark 09-21-2004 04:16 AM

Hey thanks guys for the great info. But did anyone use off brands with success? Other than jaco and trc. The must be other tires we can use with the same quality. Imports? :)

dawgmeat 09-21-2004 08:46 AM

Originally posted by powerpark
Hey thanks guys for the great info. But did anyone use off brands with success? Other than jaco and trc. The must be other tires we can use with the same quality. Imports? :)
Jaco are the hot ticket for me. I ran TRC and my rear end was really loose, switch to jaco and i was dailed like A &TT

koabich 09-21-2004 09:25 AM

Alot depends on what class motor you are running and the condition of the track.
At my track the hot tires for stock are Jaco Plaid (purple/orange) in the front and purple in the rear.
For modified it's Jaco Pink/orange in the front and double pink in the rear. If you do not like Jaco, you can run the TRC equilivant.

If you want to be competitive on an indoor carpet track, don't waste your money on any other branf other than Jaco or TRC.

bigdog xxx-s 09-21-2004 10:15 AM

Jaco

Here at our track as well is Jaco Orange/Purple front or double purple front and purple rear. 28 mm wide. Don't use the 24mm wide.

Gonna also try some cyan and magenta TRC which are 26mm wide.

Also, need to make sure you keep the foam trued and keep measuring them to get the proper rollout. If not you could have different size tires and will effect your handling.

Brandon Melton 09-21-2004 10:41 AM

BSR makes a very good foam tire as well. It's the same rubber and wheel you will find on the Jaco, but the bonding process is different. It's less likely for the rubber to peel back off of the rim.

PSI Racer 09-21-2004 02:32 PM

Check this website out...www.twistertires.com they are cheap and they do alright. For carpet we use 40 or 42's up front and 37 or 40 in the rear. I also have tried out the Orion Fresh kicks. They are ok.

PSI Racer 09-21-2004 02:34 PM

monotuning is another company.

kufman 09-21-2004 03:10 PM

I don't know anything about the tires but they seem to be cheap

www.rctexas.com

I found them from the add at the top of this page.

JDXray 09-21-2004 03:12 PM

I think those are outdoor tires.