R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Novak Switch for M8 - glitching?

I have a Novak switch transmitter module (75 band) for the Airtronics M8 radio, and seem to be gettung a lot of radio glitches. I use a Novak XXL receiver in my electric car and a Novak programable receiver in my nitro car. I get radio glitches in both cars. All the capacitors are on the motor etc and the Tx batteries are good. Sometimes when I'm the only car on the track, and there are no other radios on, I still get it. Has anyone else had this problem? I have heasrd rumours that the module for the M8 glitches sometimes.
Dan_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
RCTech Member #2
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I went ahead and moved the thread from the chat lounge to here, were you'll get a better responce.

I haven't had any problems with my Switch module.

I guess the first thing I would do is switch back to the Airtronics module to isolate the problem. If it still glitches with the Airtonics module & crystal, then you know the problem isn't the Switch.

If it still glitches with the original module & crystal, you know it's either the radio itself, or something on the car causing it to glitch.

If it doesn't glitch with the original crystal & module, I'd say to go ahead and pop the Switch back in, try the same freqency. If it glitches still, give Novak a call. They have their info at www.teamnovak.com
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default Glitching

I have had my novak switch module for at least a year. It has been very reliable for me. I use a novak XXtra receiver in Mod touring car, and I can't really recall any glitching. I take extra care in cleaning debris out of the receivers and I also spend considerable time mounting the receivers as well. Maybe you can explain how the receivers are mounted in the car? Have you tried various components like do you have the stock airtronics module?

corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote