Community
Wiki Posts
Search

winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Emm, if silicone changed viscosity how would a chicks silicone boobs feel at a skiing trip at, lets say -15 C
Old 09-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Silicone doesn't change viscosity, but it's not pure silicone. A nice example, it's not possible to color silicone(What I been told by experts at that field). Still, Losi's "pure" Silicone oil comes in various colors... hmmm.....

No matter what, O-rings and everything gets harder, so softening your oil is still needed.

ps: My compound is pure 96%, and the one for my car is about 40-50%
Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MartinSorlie
Whatever you say...
I guess I'm paying $20,000+ to go to college for them to lie to me.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

leadfoot- wow i had no idea about that shop thanks! i'm gonna have to get some carpet tires? and go race my tc3!, but would you happen to know if they cut comms while you wait?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

I guess I'm paying $20,000+ to go to college for them to lie to me.
Read my last post...
Old 09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

kh15:

There is a guy that goes to the track that builds motors and will cut a comm for you. Not sure the shop keeper will be much help because he is a nitro guy.

If you are at a race and you ask around, I am sure there will be someone that can help.

Join the forum on the website and ask the question. I am sure someone will answer.

You will be in good company with your TC3 and he has plenty of AE parts on the rack.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sparx
Emm, if silicone changed viscosity how would a chicks silicone boobs feel at a skiing trip at, lets say -15 C
Body heat man! Thats why the nipples get hard. They are the furthest from the body. LMAO

Brant
Old 10-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

what about a rubber tire with treads on it like the tire that comes with the rtr Ntc3? it has been dipping down in the 40 degree range and i can really notice that i'm getting medium to little grip with my team orion fresh kicks tires
Old 10-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kh15
what about a rubber tire with treads on it like the tire that comes with the rtr Ntc3? it has been dipping down in the 40 degree range and i can really notice that i'm getting medium to little grip with my team orion fresh kicks tires
I can't see how having less rubber contact the road could improve traction unless a treaded tire heated up faster. Given the same operating temperature a slick will always have better traction than a treaded tire.