R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #901
Tech Apprentice

I still run my HotBodies TCX in USGT 17.5 and my TC4 in VTA. Someday Ill get pictures loaded LOL....
CPFTTC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #902
Tech Apprentice

My FTTC4 during its rebuild 3 years ago...

My TCX the day I got it 3 years ago...

CPFTTC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #903
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFTTC4 View Post
My FTTC4
Imgur dude, Imgur
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #904
Tech Regular

Default Fwd FTW

Hope it qualify as old, lol. Here is my weekend warrior. It been in and out of retirement more times then i can count and its still keeps up with the modern cars. Every time my friends get a new fwd first thing they do is challenge it lol.

Here it is getting back in action. 10.5t motor and lrp esc. With a savox servo i havent install yet
rccartips likes this.

Last edited by Speed Chaser; 07-28-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #905
Tech Rookie

I finally participated in my first race day yesterday and man was it interesting.

Q1 I started first and finished fourth of five cars, the guy that won it was the one that ended up winning the main.

Q2 I was able to get a better handle on the car, (different battery had better side to side weight distribution) and I was able to finish in second spot after starting fourth but never had a chance to get to the leader as by the time I got to second he was long gone.

Q3 is when I really shined. The guy I had previously finished second to was starting first and I started second. After a few laps battling with everyone we found ourselves alone out front. After a few minutes catching him I had a hell of a time trying to get around him. We were bumping doors nearly every corner taking different lines. I spun him out once and waited and he spun me back and didnt wait so I decided to just go for it at that point. I ended up catching back up and getting around him CLEAN for the final time and walked away with the win in Q3.
Mind you this was with a 12 year old chassis (T1 FK05), and 8 year old radio (DX3S), a hobbywing non timing motor, and a 7 year old team checkpoint battery that was only half charged because I didnt think it would be worth it to change batteries from Q2-Q3. Not bad huh guys? lol

The A main was eh. I started 7th and finished 5th out of the 10 cars, the first four were in another zip code, but I held strong in 5th. The race was crazy with 10 cars out there.
Nitrofish48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM   #906
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
Hope it qualify as old, lol. Here is my weekend warrior. It been in and out of retirement more times then i can count and its still keeps up with the modern cars. Every time my friends get a new fwd first thing they do is challenge it lol.

Here it is getting back in action. 10.5t motor and lrp esc. With a savox servo i havent install yet
Loved the Fiberglass even better (with carbon version-type motormount) awesome design. And proven to be timeless then

time for a re-release
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:25 AM   #907
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Loved the Fiberglass even better (with carbon version-type motormount) awesome design. And proven to be timeless then

time for a re-release
For carpet i still prefer the original one. For asphalt and only on the smoothest asphalt because i dont like scratches, is when i use the special version (this one). As to the Fiberglass chassis i actually think its is a one off never seen it before on another one. Its also thicker then any of the other chassis. I wish yokomo still did some part i will admit it been really hard finding replacement parts for it and it not big stuff most of the parts the brake are stupid simple plastic little parts, like ball socket.

Last edited by Speed Chaser; 08-16-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 AM   #908
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
For carpet i still prefer the original one. For asphalt and only on the smoothest asphalt because i dont like scratches, is when i use the special version (this one). As to the Fiberglass chassis i actually think its is a one off never seen it before on another one. Its also thicker then any of the other chassis. I wish yokomo still did some part i will admit it been really hard finding replacement parts for it.
Best part the fiberglass version was the "swaybar" being just one big u-shaped fg rear suspension part in combo with the crossed turnbuckles being sooo simple and greatly effective

Wish I had one now
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:44 AM   #909
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Best part the fiberglass version was the "swaybar" being just one big u-shaped fg rear suspension part in combo with the crossed turnbuckles being sooo simple and greatly effective

Wish I had one now
Yea the original one is definitely my favorite, it was way out of it's time. Their was so much beauty in it's simplicity. The biggest part of racing these car is just how hard it is to find parts.