R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree27Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #826
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
looking for new or used HPI TCX or cyclone TC dcj
must be 44mm or 46mm with 2.3mm dog bone pin
please PM

PS any brands( arrow,R-spec ,HPI 3racing Litemodz

Franko, I believe the Spec-R DCJ's for the Schumacher Mi4/Mi5 series cars had a larger dog bone pin. I used them on my old Mi1 a few years ago. I'll see if I have any parts left and measure them when I get home.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
ThreeEightSix / Sticky Kicks RC / Schumacher
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #827
Tech Master
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveonnitro View Post
Did anyone ever do the rally car conversion on their TC3?

I broke out my old FT TC3 and realized I converted it, but I don't have all the parts to go back. Anyone remember what was changed so I can turn it back into a road car?
Pretty sure it was just suspension arms and axles. Maybe longer turnbuckles too.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #828
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,740
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Franko, I believe the Spec-R DCJ's for the Schumacher Mi4/Mi5 series cars had a larger dog bone pin. I used them on my old Mi1 a few years ago. I'll see if I have any parts left and measure them when I get home.
okay
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #829
Tech Master
 
Kregger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,102
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The shock shafts were changed too.


Here's a link to the manual.
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...s/TC3/3020.pdf
Kregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #830
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
okay
Franko,

I measured the DCJ bones from the Mi1, and the pin looks to be around 2.5mm on my caliper.

These are Spec-R DCJ bones that were used for the Schumacher Mi4 and Mi5 cars. All I have left is 1 bone, you can try it if you'd like.

The bone looks to be just under 46mm.

discountrcstore.com sells schumacher stuff, so if you need the axles, they should have them. Otherwise it just needs the Spec-R barrels and pins to mate up to the axles you need.

Hopefully this helps.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
ThreeEightSix / Sticky Kicks RC / Schumacher
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #831
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,740
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Franko,

I measured the DCJ bones from the Mi1, and the pin looks to be around 2.5mm on my caliper.

These are Spec-R DCJ bones that were used for the Schumacher Mi4 and Mi5 cars. All I have left is 1 bone, you can try it if you'd like.

The bone looks to be just under 46mm.

discountrcstore.com sells schumacher stuff, so if you need the axles, they should have them. Otherwise it just needs the Spec-R barrels and pins to mate up to the axles you need.

Hopefully this helps.
I really appreciated you help and thank you
I just order a set today and hopefully will have is ready by next race..
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #832
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if it's competitive, as I haven't run it yet- and I'd probably get kicked out of the VTA thread so here I am. My second try at on road, first was a TT02 which seemed like a horribly designed car. I picked up this ex-VTA MI4 with the intention of trying VTA but threw a bomber body on it to destroy while I learn to drive. Love Schumachers, doesn't seem like many still running this older chassis- but it sure is nice looking and well laid out.



DARKSIDE and aracefan like this.
notarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #833
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,444
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notarex View Post
I don't know if it's competitive, as I haven't run it yet- and I'd probably get kicked out of the VTA thread so here I am. My second try at on road, first was a TT02 which seemed like a horribly designed car. I picked up this ex-VTA MI4 with the intention of trying VTA but threw a bomber body on it to destroy while I learn to drive. Love Schumachers, doesn't seem like many still running this older chassis- but it sure is nice looking and well laid out.



nice...and nobody will kick you out of the USVTA thread....welcome back
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:37 AM   #834
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,543
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notarex View Post
It would be fun having a series using just these Bomber bodies!
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #835
Tech Fanatic
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B-town, WA
Posts: 908
Default

Hey guys, made a full race report from last weeks action, highlighting our Scale Spec (USGT) class. Holding the old school down with another podium for the TC4.

theRACERunderground: The RACER Report - 6/3/17
DARKSIDE and aracefan like this.
__________________
Jesse Anderson / JROY386 / R_
ThreeEightSix / Sticky Kicks RC / Schumacher
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #836
Tech Addict
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Hey guys, made a full race report from last weeks action, highlighting our Scale Spec (USGT) class. Holding the old school down with another podium for the TC4.

theRACERunderground: The RACER Report - 6/3/17
Thanks for posting that link, and enjoyed reading through that. Was far from a snooze-fest.
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #837
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,740
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Hey guys, made a full race report from last weeks action, highlighting our Scale Spec (USGT) class. Holding the old school down with another podium for the TC4.

theRACERunderground: The RACER Report - 6/3/17
Nice Report...love it
Hey Jesses ,I ran my Yokomo Fwd at Galaxy and I was on TQ until my layshaft set screw came loose on the last lap and mark FWD came around he finish first and I got 2nd
and we were running with the GT3 guy..
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #838
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,080
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Hey guys, made a full race report from last weeks action, highlighting our Scale Spec (USGT) class. Holding the old school down with another podium for the TC4.

theRACERunderground: The RACER Report - 6/3/17
Great run, and nice report...The tc4 is still going strong...Bravo!!!
Maybe a pair of swaybar kits will help bridge that last 0.5 second per lap gap with the leader....Cheers...

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 06-10-2017 at 05:55 PM.
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #839
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,740
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Great run, and nice report...The tc4 is still going strong...Bravo!!!
Maybe a pair of swaybar kits will help bridge that last 0.5 second per lap gap with the leader....Cheers...
.5 sec is a lot to make up if you are a good driver from the start
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #840
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,080
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know.. The tc4 loves to drag the chassis on turns, which could cause a 0.5 sec per lap loss... I've had good luck on crc carpet and the stiffest gold swaybars, so I guess the silver swaybars might be good for high traction asphalt. The swaybar kit is also pretty cheap...
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WCIC '06/'07 grabber Canadian R/C Scene 984 07-05-2007 10:55 PM


Tags
414, kawada, sv-10, tamiya, tc3


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net