Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively >

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Like Tree630Likes

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RiderZ
My TA04 with a couple Protoform Camaro's.Waiting on my motor and shocks to come in.

Does the car handle differently since you cut the chassis where the battery slides in?

Also if you have a oneway pulley and purchase a TB04 gear diff. It will bolt in the car. Belt will have a slight angle to it. But it works well. I modified the center pulley so the belt is straight
Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
That's what I paid for it at the hobby show in Toronto the year it came out! Now I feel old...
Mine came with the Supra body. It was a very durable car but it was a tank on carpet. About in the same league as a Tamiya TA03 Pro. About a half-dozen of us bought those Yokes at the show and that was the beginning of our TC class. Back then we ran 6-cell with 27T stock motors so the speeds were low. Heats were 8 minutes so that should put it in perspective. I sold or traded that car after the winter carpet season to fund a Serpent Impact for gas on-road. The only reason I would want that car back is as a shelf queen. I reserve the right to be wrong but I don't think it would be competitive against even a sorted TC3.

Here's a badly neglected TA03 Pro that I picked up some years ago.

I painted this up for it...

...but it doesn't quite fit right. (front clearance) I don't really want to race the car as parts are not that easy to come by. I guess I'll get another body and shelf it. Who knows, it's not a pristine example so it might see some drifting use in the future.

BTW, this is an awesome thread. Is there a pool for betting on whether Bert's car actually hits the track or not?

Sean
He hit the track last week I believe. There's video footage from 360v2 available for those who are curious.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gigaplex
He hit the track last week I believe. There's video footage from 360v2 available for those who are curious.
Does anyone have a link?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patorz31
Does anyone have a link?

Old 01-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

I did pretty good after a three year layoff: no traction roll ever !!!
I will run the fantom FR-1 motor next weekend instead of the Novak(non tuned)....
I also got the motor analyzer ordered...
Come on down to 360v2 sometime.....
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by patorz31
Does anyone have a link?
http://360v2.liverc.com/results/?p=v...sult&id=723724

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zy62yJiIJXU

I think he's the red car. Qualified 15 out of 18. 4 or 5 laps off the pace but mostly kept off the walls. Overall not terrible for someone who hasn't driven in years.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Come on down to 360v2 sometime.....
I'm a bit far...

Sean
Old 01-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Understood...
Old 01-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Does the car handle differently since you cut the chassis where the battery slides in?

Also if you have a oneway pulley and purchase a TB04 gear diff. It will bolt in the car. Belt will have a slight angle to it. But it works well. I modified the center pulley so the belt is straight
Car handles well.The chassis is still very rigid after cutting the side.Seems my TRF shocks are lost in the mail.Ebay seller is refunding tomorrow.Need to find another set.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Yes it is the red car, and the upgrades did make the car better, although I was way underpowered.... On this first run, I also did not want to challenge anybody yet, or push too much. I just wanted to get some laps in , and get rid of some of the jitters....lol....
Originally Posted by gigaplex
http://360v2.liverc.com/results/?p=v...sult&id=723724

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zy62yJiIJXU

I think he's the red car. Qualified 15 out of 18. 4 or 5 laps off the pace but mostly kept off the walls. Overall not terrible for someone who hasn't driven in years.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Yes it is the red car, and the upgrades did make the car better, although I was way underpowered.... On this first run, I also did not want to challenge anybody yet, or push too much. I just wanted to get some laps in , and get rid of some of the jitters....lol....
For someone who claims to know all about touring car design, building, tuning, and driving you are really, really slow.

Tell me again how I need to mutilate my car with your 'bert mods', even though I win A mains and you are close to dead last.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I watched the "B" main with Bert's car in it. Not sure how they produce those videos, but it did show the action on the track pretty well. Good to see actual proof that Bert finally made it out to a track.

I wonder how tall the driver's stand is at that track because it looked like everyone in that heat wasn't running a very smooth or efficient line around that layout.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DesertRat
For someone who claims to know all about touring car design, building, tuning, and driving you are really, really slow.

Tell me again how I need to mutilate my car with your 'bert mods', even though I win A mains and you are close to dead last.
Wow a professional rc race car driver amongst us.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RiderZ
Wow a professional rc race car driver amongst us.
It's nice to see someone come to the defense of Bertie's honor and the consistent dangerous disinformation that gets posted on this site.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DesertRat
It's nice to see someone come to the defense of Bertie's honor and the consistent dangerous disinformation that gets posted on this site.
I come to the defense of anyone that's being belittled.Young or old new or experienced.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.