R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #151
Tech Addict
 
irockflipflops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty359 View Post
This is a cool thread, makes me wish I didn't sell my tl01, or street weapon, or tc3 all those years ago ;-)
If you are interested in putting a TL01 back together you can still find the parts for cheap because they were everywhere! Besides I have all the parts to build another roller. PM if you're interested

Furthermore, search for a street weapon on the baltimore, md craigslist page and there is a guy selling the old Losi for about $60 bucks I think. Good guy and will work with you.
__________________
What’s behind you doesn’t matter. – Enzo Ferrari
“Very occasionally, if you pay really close attention, life doesn't suck.” ― Joss Whedon
irockflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #152
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

TC4 in TQ P-1.....A-700 Awesomatic in P-2....the rest of the cars are your current belt cars "Xray 2014, Xray 2013, TC6.1wc ect"


http://youtu.be/JYqmzR-2o9g


I would say that the older TC4 is dialed in.....!

__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #153
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,644
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Correct Red Line ! The old cars still got what it takes, at least the tc4....lol... I will dare to say all the old shaft cars still have it : hpi pro4, yokomo SD, etc...... Bring them all out to race !!!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #154
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
TC4 in TQ P-1.....A-700 Awesomatic in P-2....the rest of the cars are your current belt cars "Xray 2014, Xray 2013, TC6.1wc ect"


http://youtu.be/JYqmzR-2o9g


I would say that the older TC4 is dialed in.....!

I know this person is racing the TC4..believe me this guy is a master builder RC car..this TC4 is not plan Jane...it custom build... he spent alot of hours getting this TC4 up to paces others high end...he also drive the Awesomatix for your information
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #155
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Correct Red Line ! The old cars still got what it takes, at least the tc4....lol... I will dare to say all the old shaft cars still have it : hpi pro4, yokomo SD, etc...... Bring them all out to race !!!!
speaking of the Yokomo SD LCG..I spend many hours building and custom parts getting the car up with the highend TC..yeah I love this Yokomo SD LCG..same track I set the VTA track record..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #156
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,644
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well I hope more racers would try to improve their old cars on top of getting a new car instead of throwing it away....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #157
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Well I hope more racers would try to improve their old cars on top of getting a new car instead of throwing it away....
I did it because it was fun to do..but it is cheaper and less work ,it to get the new tc ..dont have to deal with the obsolete part..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #158
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lynnwood, Washington
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

That's an old race. There are no awesomatix cars in this race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
TC4 in TQ P-1.....A-700 Awesomatic in P-2....the rest of the cars are your current belt cars "Xray 2014, Xray 2013, TC6.1wc ect"


http://youtu.be/JYqmzR-2o9g


I would say that the older TC4 is dialed in.....!

malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #159
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,343
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I did it because it was fun to do..but it is cheaper and less work ,it to get the new tc ..dont have to deal with the obsolete part..
+1 -I run an HPI Pro 4 in VTA, and it's a very competitive platform in the low-power spec classes. However, the amount of effort I put into finding parts grows with every passing day, and yields smaller returns over time... I haven't decided what I'll use to replace the current car, but that day is fast approaching.
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
✯Jackson RC✯Horsham RC✯SJCCR✯
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #160
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,557
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

great thread guys .....gonna build something older from Tamiya for vta to match my USGT TRF 417x i got NIB for $350

professor- glad to see that pro4 went to a good home
__________________
Rick Hess
R&C Hobby Shop Clarksville TN
-RCJuice-HobbyStar-RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #161
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
great thread guys .....gonna build something older from Tamiya for vta to match my USGT TRF 417x i got NIB for $350

professor- glad to see that pro4 went to a good home
Pro4 isnt a bad TC those baby shares the parts of the TCXX..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #162
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Pro4 isnt a bad TC those baby shares the parts of the TCXX..
+1
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #163
Tech Elite
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 2,420
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I unfortunately felt I had done all I could with my Pro4. For a while I had set the fastest single lap at my track with it. (I couldnt run consistant laps through a whole race). The car was on rails and everyone that drove it loved it. They said it was so easy to drive fast. But... I took a month off and see my lap time beat by .3 -.5 by several people. When I looked at the chassis they had, all of them were running chassis less than 3 years old. I just dont think the geometry is there, thats prob why the tcxx isnt fairing as well (unless hara was driving it). I am sure the car had more to give, I just couldnt pull it out of it. I think with some minor refinements that a shaft drive, particularly the Pro4, could destroy the other cars out there. Low pro shock towers and shocks, gear diffs, and modern lipo chassis could make the car a beast. I do wish the best of luck to those with pro4's and other older chasiss and hope to see them in front of me on the track. Make me regret my decision to get newer car.
__________________
Tamiya EVO 6 with EXOSIX conversion
Tamiya TA07
tamiya box stock Mini (M05)
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #164
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,631
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
I unfortunately felt I had done all I could with my Pro4. For a while I had set the fastest single lap at my track with it. (I couldnt run consistant laps through a whole race). The car was on rails and everyone that drove it loved it. They said it was so easy to drive fast. But... I took a month off and see my lap time beat by .3 -.5 by several people. When I looked at the chassis they had, all of them were running chassis less than 3 years old. I just dont think the geometry is there, thats prob why the tcxx isnt fairing as well (unless hara was driving it). I am sure the car had more to give, I just couldnt pull it out of it. I think with some minor refinements that a shaft drive, particularly the Pro4, could destroy the other cars out there. Low pro shock towers and shocks, gear diffs, and modern lipo chassis could make the car a beast. I do wish the best of luck to those with pro4's and other older chasiss and hope to see them in front of me on the track. Make me regret my decision to get newer car.
Did you run the Exotek lipo chassis on the Pro 4?
__________________
Up the Irons \m/

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #165
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,644
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What I found out was that it's not the old car chassis that got beat, but rather the charger/battery/motor combo .... Once those are upgraded, the old cars are right in the mix....
By the way, December 2012 is not old OK !!! Give a man his due when he's done well against so called better competition !!! Stop hating!!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WCIC '06/'07 grabber Canadian R/C Scene 984 07-05-2007 11:55 PM


Tags
414, kawada, sv-10, tamiya, tc3


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0