Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just bought my first TT-01D Type E

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Just bought my first TT-01D Type E

Hi, I just purchased this ready to go kit with the GT-R body. The guy working there told me it would be a lot cheaper to start this way rather than buying each of the pieces separately.

So anyways, my question here is where is a good place to read up on and start expanding my knowledge on this car? I'm still learning to drift and I'm very gentle with driving my new expensive toy. I don't even know how long my tires will last driving it around on the road. LOL. I'm looking to upgrade it as well and was wondering what I should do first with this kit.

So if you guys have any informative pages that could help me, please post them here. I've been reading through the tt-01 post already.

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Also, are the hop ups on ebay real? They look just like the ones sold at the local hobby store near me except waaay cheaper.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Welcome! Your drift wheels should last you a while, I bought a set with my first car when i got it, and have spent a while drifting with it on a few different surfaces, but the wheels haven't really worn that much so should last you ages. Rubber tires on the other hand, depending on the compound (soft/hard etc) can wear out very quickly especially if you do burnouts and what not with them .

As for the hop ups, I think a lot of the stuff for the tt01's isnt legit tamiya, but will still fit the car and are more then likely the same quality.

A nice low turn motor should help your drifting, but make sure you esc can take it. A cheap upgrade could be a 15 turn brushed motor. An expensive way of doing the same thing would be a brushless setup but that will cost you a minimum of $150 for the motor and esc, and if you add lipo to that it'll cost another $100 on top.

Check out the drift section on this forum, they are probably the best people to ask about your car.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Get the Tamiya Aluminium prop shaft and drive cups (it is a set), might not be neccessary with the standard sport tuned motor but a definate must when you upgrade to a higher power motor. You can also get small bearings to replace the bushes in the steering.

Lock your rear diff and make an LSD out of the front and you will maintain longer slides without spinning out!

Search for the TT01 thread as there is a tone of information re this chassis.

Enjoy
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Are the tires glued onto the rims for this car? If so, do I have to buy new rims every time I change tires? How long will these tires last on strictly asphalt? Also i see people wrap their tires in electrical tape when they practice, is this something you would recommended? I was thinking of picking up ebay tires to learn on, I found a set of 12 from a brand called sushi.

I also can't find the drift section on this forum, is it a post in a thread?

Last edited by nissan gt-r; 04-19-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Would really like to know how to remove the tires from the rim if they are glued.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

you will have to search >> THE OFFICIAL DRIFT THREAD...

If not I sent you a P.M!