Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread >

Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread

Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Brush question

I was going to purchase some black magic brushes but I was wondering if they are recommended for stock only or also 19t.

What brushes would you recommend from your product line for 19t?

What about springs for stock and 19t for touring cars.

Thanks

Jamie
Old 09-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jamie,

For the EPIC C2 based motor, we also recommend the 21581. For the reedy 19 turn, the 21581's or the reedy actrons work well.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jamie,

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question on the springs. Check out our stock motors page here:
http://www.team-paradigm.com/page.ph...eries%20Motors

Click on the motor of your choice to the right, and it has all of our recommended setups for it for each class listed.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Great!!

Thanks for the info...I am placing my order today.

If your are looking for another driver in northeast CT/MA area ask Mark Strasnick about me :-)

Jamie Gonzalez
Old 09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Hi Brandon,

Nice to see you here......

I am well satisfied with your PDM 21521 brushes and I will order more from you ......

Old 09-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can defently back Jamie on that one! And actually i am only a MA/CT area driver for around 1/3 of the year now, lol.

Brandon- Are you going to be at the 12th scale worlds?

-Mark Strasnick
Old 09-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brandon,

I am fully into stock motors and know quite a bit about how to tune them. But this saturday and sunday we're having the Region 11 Off-road regionals. The motors will of-coarse be handout. No-one has said what the handout will be yet though. Anyway, I understand for the greater most part on how to combat heat in a stock motor....polish the shaft and bushings spring tension, brush compound high preformance oils and ESC settings blabla. Are there any "Keepin' it cool" tips you can give me that could also keep the heat down a little?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Great!!

Originally posted by senna555
If your are looking for another driver in northeast CT/MA area ask Mark Strasnick about me :-)
Senna55,

We are always scouting for fast drivers, but we ask everyone to fill out a full resume and send it in. It kind of shows us that if you are serious enough to write up a resume, you will work hard at the sponsorship Here is a link to info that we ask for in a resume:

http://www.team-paradigm.com/page.ph...%20Information
Old 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Au-Yong,

Hey, whats up? Good to see you joining here on rc tech. Glad you are happy with the brushes. We have our new brush starting to ship out now as well, the 21581. Give that a try sometime if you haven't yet.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by stormperson
Brandon- Are you going to be at the 12th scale worlds?

-Mark Strasnick
Mark,

I totally plan on going, but I can't promise anything. My race calander plans on me traveling almost every weekend, but unfortunately there is only so much time the week to get stuff done. If I don't end up going, I will send a team box with a ton of stuff to try with Fred, one of our local team drivers. Just hit him up whenever you need something.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mafiaracers
Brandon,

I am fully into stock motors and know quite a bit about how to tune them. But this saturday and sunday we're having the Region 11 Off-road regionals. The motors will of-coarse be handout. No-one has said what the handout will be yet though. Anyway, I understand for the greater most part on how to combat heat in a stock motor....polish the shaft and bushings spring tension, brush compound high preformance oils and ESC settings blabla. Are there any "Keepin' it cool" tips you can give me that could also keep the heat down a little?

Thanks!
mafiaracer,

Check out our tech section of our website here:
http://www.team-paradigm.com/page.php?category=Tech

That will walk you through exactly what I do to our team motors at handout races, and how to maintaine them. Everyone has their own methods of course, so you may find things you do or dont like. This is just what has worked for us, and we have 7 national titles in under 3 years with it, so I am stickin to it :-)

As for motor setups, check out our stock motors page here:

Click on a motor to the right, and it will show you our starting setup for each motor in each class. Obviously you may want to fine tune it to your liking, but I would say 90% of the tracks we are at we end up running the setups listed on that page.

As for heat combat, just make sure you don't overgear. If its really hot and outdoors, there isn't a whole lot you can do. As long as the motor doesn't feel like it is falling off, you should be ok. Just make sure you buy a couple handouts if you think you may be cooking them, hehe.

Another thing you can do is the ice cube trick. Bring a cooler with ice and a motor storage tube. Throw the motor in the tube so it is air tight, and burry it in the ice for an hour before you race. Then put it in your car RIGHT before you race. Wait as long as you can. You can even throw a cube of ice right on top of the motor before you race, water wont hurt it as long as you dont have the brushes and hood area full of water. If you do this though, I would highly recommend that you get a good .1250 inch reamer to ream out the bushings. The cold obviously will make things contract, so without reaming the bushings, they will tend to bind more when they are cold.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:39 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default brushes

Do you recomend slotting or drilling your bushes for stock racing? If so which do you do? I placed an order how long does it take to prosses? LOL
Old 09-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

1M,

Slotting or drilling the brushes totally depends on the motor, class, and driver preferences. I personally prefer full face brushes on most motors because they create more torque. A high torque motor is easier to go fast with because you can gear for the speed. A motor with only RPM and no torque will have a tough time pulling high speeds without the torque to maintaine it.

In general, cut brushes give more RPM and less torque, but they run cooler. For basic setups on when we use cut brushes, check this page:
Click the motor of your choice, and it will show you what cut we use for each class.

As for order process times, orders are generally shipped out within 24 hours as long as everything you ordered is in stock. Occasionally we do get backed up and orders may take an extra day or two. Either way though, orders generally ship out really quick.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:22 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks for the information. I race Dirt oval here in NY. Torque is very inportant for the short track now that fall season is here and race inside.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Brandon,

As I was browsing through your motor selections and their setups, I noticed that the spring colors coincide with Trinity's spring colors. Are they basically the same, with the same tension?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.