R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #31
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexRacer
I wouldnt tray any new pack for at least 4-5 charges to let the cells mend or cycle with each other a few charges.
Otherwise Dave it sounds like you have it pretty much right.
What is your cutoff for charge and then peak?

Now could you have gotten a bad pack?
Of course it does happen.

I have heard the complaint of OTHER matchers cells falling off after 4-5 charges but havent heard that issue with customers or fellow racers across the country with Orion/Peak.

Like I said after this many years in the buisness and the titles they have Im sure they wouldnt be getting away with bad cells for this many years.It's a quality product and of course there are some other NICE matchers out there but Micros_Rock was asking about Orion/Peak cells.

I hate when threads like this turn into SHOUTOUTS for a battery company you may either like,be friends with or sponsored by.
I am sponsored by someone other than Orion/Peak and have yet to SHOUT OUT their name under respect for the post.
I just wish OTHERS were like you Dave,Burbs and others on this post that havent done SHOUTOUTS for others.
Again goodluck to everyone racing or bashing and just have fun with this great hobby we all share.
Let them do there shout outs.

These so call other companies havent won any races with them. So as they say let the results do the talking not there mouths.
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #32
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

TexRacer- thanks for clearing things up.
Still, does anyone know where I can get them? (that accepts paypal)
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 03:28 PM   #33
Tech Master

Check on the EBAY...
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #34
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Always try and support local shops 1st expecially if thats where your HOME TRACK is at.See if he will order them and what price will be.

2nd choice is Mail Order.
If you need a few places email me.

Dave-I tray as well but not till after like 6 charges.I will bring them down to 5.4 as a pack but wont tray till about the 6th charge.

Shoutouts-I just think it's disrespectful.There are tons of OTHER post that people fight about brands and so on but alot of it isnt due to experience with the different brands but simply someone getting discounts or the "HOOKUP" from a certain company.

I will do this.I have 15 yrs in this hobby off and on.
The list Im listing are ALL respectable matchers.
I have tried and ran all these cells with alot of success.

Orion/Peak,Fukuyama,Promatch,SMC/Fantom,Schumacher,Corally,Hurricane,KC Racing,LightSpeed,Kinetix,and more.

As long as your getting decent #'s then you will be fine from any of those manufactures and more.

Guys lets be honest with where we are at in our racing experience.If you have less than 2-3 yrs you wouldnt or couldnt tell the difference in 1.16's and 1.17's in most cases.
Expecially if your not even setting up your OWN cars and still using setup sheets from others not knowing your OWN car.

Micros_Rock-I sent you an email.

Hope this helps guys.
*****Look me up on Ebay. I will have alot of stuff going up as 7/7/2016. User name is Dalracer.**** This is going to be a BIG ONE!!!!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to RcTech for all these years of Great Information.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:28 PM   #35
Tech Regular

All the matchers can and do get great cells so to say that one brand is definately better than the next brand is really just personal preference or if you have had a good or bad experience with certain brands due to maybe a bad cell or how the cells were treated by the user. I just don't see anyone getting enough "1.19's' for every hobby shop to have a few of those packs on their shelf, so don't get caught up in the "hype" that gets printed out on the labels. But the odds are in favor of the company that goes thru the most cells out of everyone else to have a better pick of better # cells, just odds. If you order 2 packs odds are they might not be tha bomb, if order 5,000 odds are better than you'll have some good cells in there but it takes way more than that to put together a really good pack. Really all you should be concerned with is how well matched the cells are put together like you want all the cells to be the same #s or super close to same numbers for every cell, not one that's like 2.3 then 2.5 IR and same thing for voltage.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote