Wiki Posts
Search

What's new @ Speed Tech R/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Steve, I know Troy doesn't, but do you know anyone who makes a spool for a Pro 4?
Hi Gary,

We might be working on one together with Troy. But after we finish production on all the other spools first

Steve Wang
Old 10-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd
Just saw a post on the Pro4 thread that HPI is making a spool for the car.
Yes, and unfortunately is out of aluminum Which means unless they come out with a blade system for the universals, it will notch in about 2 runs. Aluminum and Delrin are all materials that's been tried for spools, and steel just plain works better (zero flex) which is why the entire Yokomo team will be running Speed Tech R/C spools at the IFMAR Worlds this year.

Steve Wang
Old 10-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Hi Steve thanks for the 2 Alex spools you sent me i will be trying it tomorrow so il let you know of the outcome.

The arms you sent are they sligthly differant to the old ones? They look it!!! I heard a rumour that they was changing the 12X1 very slightly?

Nick
Old 10-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Gary,

We might be working on one together with Troy. But after we finish production on all the other spools first

Steve Wang
Yeah, I actually talked to Troy and Garber about that today. We'll have to see I guess. I wonder if you use Schui blades if that would help in aluminum?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yes, and unfortunately is out of aluminum Which means unless they come out with a blade system for the universals, it will notch in about 2 runs. Aluminum and Delrin are all materials that's been tried for spools, and steel just plain works better (zero flex) which is why the entire Yokomo team will be running Speed Tech R/C spools at the IFMAR Worlds this year.

Steve Wang
That part I didn't know. Thanks for the update. I use your Spools in my Cuda. Tough as can be.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I remember my friend buying a set of Takeoffs that didn't come with any inserts at our local hobby shop. And the sidewall on these were different than normal Takeoffs. It seemed more square. But they were good tires. Are they the WS series? I can't remember....
Old 10-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default 415 Front Diff

Steve >> Have you thought of making a delrin front diff for the 415? There are lots of us out here that aim to run the car on carpet this winter and are fashioning diffs out of plastic bits from Yokomo's.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default 415 Spools

Steve >> Are you going to make any more 415 spools? If so, do you know when they are going to be available next?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Nick,

Yes, they might have change the pattern slightly but the performance should be equally as good (if not better) I'll check out some of my arms this weekend as well when I go race

Gary,

I don't think we plan on making aluminum ones, from what I understand, even aluminum will flex (as I explain to wyd) especially in modified.

KilRuf,

those could be the WS series, but if enough people are interested, I can get the CS in 4 pack I believe (no inserts) I won't be able to find out until Monday though

RichO,

Yes, we are working on more spools, and we'll look into front diff for the 415...probably not delrin though (aluminum is probably the choice material)

Steve Wang
Old 10-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

RichO,

Yes, we are working on more spools, and we'll look into front diff for the 415...probably not delrin though (aluminum is probably the choice material)

Steve Wang
wooohoo!!!! 415 diff!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

STeve >> You would not be able to keep 415 diff's in stock. I hope you choose to release something, because there is nothing else out there at the moment specifically for the 415.

I will keep an eye out for the spool.

-Rich
Old 10-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Wink

Hi Steve i rand the proto type solid you sent me from Alex Racing and it was a very good Also run the arms as well and i found they have a lot more torque with just as much RPM could you let me know if you found the same?

Thanks for the help

Nick
Old 10-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Steve: Why wouldn't you make the 415 diff out of delrin? Is it just more expensive? It seems the rest of the market is going this direction for plain diff's.

Of course spools are a completely different story altogether.

Also, will you be getting any more of the direct center pulley upgrades for the 415 back in stock anytime soon? I am looking for one at the moment.

Thanks...
Rich
Old 10-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nick Simpson
Hi Steve i rand the proto type solid you sent me from Alex Racing and it was a very good Also run the arms as well and i found they have a lot more torque with just as much RPM could you let me know if you found the same?

Thanks for the help

Nick
Hi Nick,

Glad you like the spool and the motor. I think all the motors are wind that way now from integy. So you can expect the same type of power you've been getting.

Steve Wang
Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RichO
Steve: Why wouldn't you make the 415 diff out of delrin? Is it just more expensive? It seems the rest of the market is going this direction for plain diff's.

Of course spools are a completely different story altogether.

Also, will you be getting any more of the direct center pulley upgrades for the 415 back in stock anytime soon? I am looking for one at the moment.

Thanks...
Rich
Hi Rich,

415 diff out of delrin might not be that durable, and it will be more expensive.

Next Tamiya shipment is about 1-2 weeks away.

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 10-05-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.