R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #46
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davemaria View Post
no answer from the email, trying now rcca if they know anything about subscription tranfers. miffed that a magazine would take credit payments than dissappear a few days/weeks later.

just like most companies, screw customers and employees. get as much $$ as they can than bail.... no return or auto reversing credit charge. from the site thats still up. how many people have sent checks through the mail?

Just contact your credit card company and report fraud. You'll get your money back.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Tech Master
Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

I am out for a 2 year subscription renewal as of first of November!! Paid for by check.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #48
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Good to see your still around Derek. I think I'll check this new E-mag out. The price is right and if I'm lucky there might even be some decent editorial content. That's what I'm (not sure about everybody else, lol) really looking for is editorial content. Stories. Something more in depth than tech articles.
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by D.a.v.e; 02-12-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Opps
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #50
Tech Rookie

I had been a subscriber almost since the beginning.

MY renewals were always due in December, so when I got the letter, I renewed.

Now since they KNEW in advance that Dec was their last issue and did not tell anyone and left their website up to accept renewals and still have the site up with not one word about being closed, that's called fraud. And since it was done using the US Postal Service to solicit the fraud, it's a felony mail fraud issue.

When RC Car went belly up, they sent postcards and switched you to or extended your RCCA subscription.

When RC Report died, he told everyone in the last issue, and stopped accepting renewals and new orders the month before when he knew. He also gave an address for refunds, and honored them.

What Mr Velez has done by taking money for new orders and renewals when he knew the doors were closing is a deliberate and criminal act.
chrisinwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #51
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm one of the ones also out of pocket, previously posted here...... Whether it was done on purpose as outright fraud or not, I obviously don't know. I guess who out of all of us could be bothered raising a small claim for our $20- $100- that we are out of pocket. They possibly know they will get away with it, because of that. Yes, I'm pi55ed that I've been jipped, but I doubt there's anything I can do about it . Let me know if anyone lodges a class action, but other than that.......

And now, no bloody magazines are imported to Australia, so we have NOTHING here! (well, one Aussie based one....)
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote