Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

This thread is to be used for questions and announcements about the new suspension upgrades for the Team Associated TC6. The first upgrades below are currently in production and should be available in about a month.

First Up, we have the Vertical Ball Stud Shock Tower Mounts. Much like the other popular TC's out there, these shock tower mounts give you infinite roll center adjustments. You have the option of the extra long link or a second hole which makes the camber link slightly longer than the shock tower mounting positions.

Images are below:

We also have the popular 1,1,1.5mm pistons, machined out of teflon in order to allow smoother shock operation and of course ease of use, as no drilling or shaving must be done to these to make them work flawlessly.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dang it Christian, your gonna make me get a TC6
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Do it! Our local club is almost all converted now

You got to like the black and blue look!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I remember seeing your name POP up every so often when browsing mini z srudf. so u racing tcs now?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

I still do Mini-Z, and that is the primary focus of our company, but TC is where I got my start with in on-road. My very first TC was a TA-02RS, back in like 95-96 this was my B-day present for my 14 or 15th b-day, if I remember correctly. I quit TC Racing back in like 03-04 and picked up the Mini-Z's in 2005. Since, I have dedicated myself to develop, work and manufacture Mini-Z oriented equipment. When our local Mini-Z Club died about a year and a half ago, I decided to pick up a TC to keep a radio in my hands and keep racing.

Now that we are set-up to design and manufacture parts, we want to release some high-quality choice upgrades for different vehicles. The TC6 Just Happens to be the car I am running right now and there was several things that we felt like required improvement upon, so we jumped at the opportunity to do so.

We already have 2-3 other products in the works, that will not only be very functional, but of great quality and great value
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Do it! Our local club is almost all converted now

You got to like the black and blue look!
Ill see how Matt's car drives and go from there, but I have a feeling I'll end up with one sooner or later (probably sooner)
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Look great! Be even better in blue

What sort of pricing are we looking at?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When will these be posted on your web site and available for purchase?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks good Cristian.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Tom, we are building out categories on the site as we speak. I could make a pre-order ASAP, but I am afraid that people will get too anxious waiting and I don't want to upset a new customer base. You see, they are scheduled to be ready in roughly about a month. Sometimes, items get delayed a bit at the factory though (more like MOST of the time) so I was going to hold out about 2 weeks to start a pre-order though.

With that, what do people think? Are you guys interested in starting a pre-order soon? I am pretty certain these will sell out quickly, at least the first production batch.

David, thank you for your words.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Tom, we are building out categories on the site as we speak. I could make a pre-order ASAP, but I am afraid that people will get too anxious waiting and I don't want to upset a new customer base. You see, they are scheduled to be ready in roughly about a month. Sometimes, items get delayed a bit at the factory though (more like MOST of the time) so I was going to hold out about 2 weeks to start a pre-order though.

With that, what do people think? Are you guys interested in starting a pre-order soon? I am pretty certain these will sell out quickly, at least the first production batch.

David, thank you for your words.
What is the projected price point on both? I'm certainly in for a set of the ballstud mounts, especially pre-order.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Look great! Be even better in blue

What sort of pricing are we looking at?
Well, we thought about blue, but our concern was that we are 100% Sure we could not get it to match. So it would add yet another shade of blue to the car. Associated is using an off-shade of blue now that is lighter in color than the dark blue they used to use and darker than say, Tamiya blue. After long consideration we opted for black, since the car does have black accents, we figured it would look best this way. The tower mounts match the diffs and the shocks. Any other aluminum parts we come out with will be black as well. The biggest advantage is that black is hard to mess up, it will always come out the same color.

Pricing will be around $45.00 for a set of F&R. The stock items are 9.99 for a single, so we thought this was a fair price for them.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 04-07-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

They look pretty good, I think you will sell a lot.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

The pistons, if made of black delrin as in the pictures (not teflon), they will sell for 7.99 for a set of 4. We are working on some teflon quotes right now, but this might make them prohibitively expensive, or at least a bit too much to justify making them. If let's say they are 2-4 dollars more on the retail side to make, we'll make them teflon, but if not, we will stick to delrin. This is what we tested with and it's not so much that they are much better than drilling and smoothing out your own pistons, it is that it takes all the effort out of the equation. I remember what it took to make my pistons "good" and boy... That was a lot of sanding and test fitting over and over again. These, just pop right in.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thank You Josh!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.