Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=CristianTabush;9463577]Olly, they are referring to the Reflex Springs. The 13.5lb spring we offer is indeed also known as "yellow". This is a Reflex thread, so the questions are pertaining to our brand of hop-ups.QUOTE]

I thought so but I had a look at your site and could not see a mention of color for your springs...sorry!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just ordered a set of pistons and 3 spring sets (2 for a friend) , looking forward to giving them a try ...... at least I know with your pistons they will be smooooooth being made out of delrin and dont have to drill holes ... woo hoo
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Rich!

On another note, I received the 12.5lb spring samples. First 2 to PM me, get to test them
Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

When will they be for sale
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Thanks Rich!

On another note, I received the 12.5lb spring samples. First 2 to PM me, get to test them
Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

PM sent...........
Old 08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

pm sent
Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bosco72
When will they be for sale
My guesstimate is 4-6 weeks. Maybe less maybe more
Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Both Keven and Rick were running the springs in Mod TC. Keven ran them in 13.5 TC as well, Rick ran AE silvers on his 13.5. They seemed to really like the springs.
Yes the springs did work very well. Keven H and I feel that the AE silver is closest to the 15.5. So on my mod car I ran the 15.5 in the front and 14.5 in the rear.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome Rick! Thanks for dropping by. I am excited to find out that you guys like them.

On the springs, makes sense, our springs have more coils providing a little less progressiveness under compression making them feel softer than the AE ones, even though they are rated the same lb rate.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Congrats. on the new product line Cristian! I am glad to see they are doing so well.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Brian!

Hope we can race soon... I have not seen anything about the fall Classic this year. We are gonna try to host something soon at our club once we get it re-surfaced and extended this week. You or any of the guys up for some asphalt racing?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks Brian!

Hope we can race soon... I have not seen anything about the fall Classic this year. We are gonna try to host something soon at our club once we get it re-surfaced and extended this week. You or any of the guys up for some asphalt racing?
I haven't seen anything about it either but I'm sure Andrew will get on it now that he's back from paved nats. I know Rocky, myself and a few others here love to run asphalt any chance we get. Sounds like fun, just let me know and we will try to make it over there.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Christian,

Just wanted to stop by and say that I finally got to run the springs, pistons and rear towers last weekend and that I was very impressed by them all. I actually want a full set of springs now!

I have a suggestion also; I bought the rear towers so I could run a long link in the rear with some adjustability. It seems like everyone runs with 3mm spacers under the outer camber link, which is as much as it will take without hitting a wheel (Sorex anyway). You have to change the lower blocks to alter the roll centre after that so maybe you could sell some low profile ballstuds to go with the mounts, so that you can get more angle in the rear camber link?

Cheers,

Neal
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Neal, I am glad you like them. We are working on some lower profile ball studs, but it will be very difficult to really make them much lower than the black AE ones we might find 0.5mms.

What benefits do you see from running such an angled link? I have never liked them so angled, but I don't race on Euro tracks. It seems a lot of European drivers like these angles. I would like to just hear some feedback on it, so I can learn more. Others are welcome to chime in.

When we came out with these stud mounts, we looked at the 2 quickest cars on the grid at most large events. It seemed it was always the Yokomo and Tamiya cars were front runners. Sure the drivers make a big difference, but when you see top pros from other companies being outrun by "less known drivers" with the same two chassis, it got me thinking.

The largest difference between them and the TC6 was the vertical mounts. Hence, why we I always wanted to tried them. When I first put the prototypes on my car, I could not believe the difference. If you ask me what in my opinion is our best upgrade, I will straight tell you- The VERTICAL STUD MOUNTS. Mike Dumas told me earlier in the year at a carpet race in Dallas how sensitive TC's were to slight changes on the camber links. This made me want to discover it for myself. During the process I learned how to use this as my main tool to perfect my car's set-up. Once I mastered the use of them, I found extra speed that I had not been able to find before. However, I never liked angles that were too extreme.

From the research done, I have not found any "main stream" set ups from the top pros running very angled links. (But I am not claiming to have seen them all or to know it all. :P) In my findings, almost always in their set-ups they run the links almost parallel with the ground. This is where I found my car was best as well. Putting 2 and 2 together it reinforced my findings of lesser angles being better on the cars.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Neal, I am glad you like them. We are working on some lower profile ball studs, but it will be very difficult to really make them much lower than the black AE ones we might find 0.5mms.

What benefits do you see from running such an angled link? I have never liked them so angled, but I don't race on Euro tracks. It seems a lot of European drivers like these angles. I would like to just hear some feedback on it, so I can learn more. Others are welcome to chime in.

When we came out with these stud mounts, we looked at the 2 quickest cars on the grid at most large events. It seemed it was always the Yokomo and Tamiya cars were front runners. Sure the drivers make a big difference, but when you see top pros from other companies being outrun by "less known drivers" with the same two chassis, it got me thinking.

The largest difference between them and the TC6 was the vertical mounts. Hence, why we I always wanted to tried them. When I first put the prototypes on my car, I could not believe the difference. If you ask me what in my opinion is our best upgrade, I will straight tell you- The VERTICAL STUD MOUNTS. Mike Dumas told me earlier in the year at a carpet race in Dallas how sensitive TC's were to slight changes on the camber links. This made me want to discover it for myself. During the process I learned how to use this as my main tool to perfect my car's set-up. Once I mastered the use of them, I found extra speed that I had not been able to find before. However, I never liked angles that were too extreme.

From the research done, I have not found any "main stream" set ups from the top pros running very angled links. (But I am not claiming to have seen them all or to know it all. :P) In my findings, almost always in their set-ups they run the links almost parallel with the ground. This is where I found my car was best as well. Putting 2 and 2 together it reinforced my findings of lesser angles being better on the cars.
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro.../olly_wlrc.pdf

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...moto_arena.pdf

I use a heavily angled link at my local track as there's one particular corner which is high grip, medium speed, quite tight, cambered and has a bump on the apex. The combination of all this is to put the car at maximum roll and send the outside wheels into positive camber. If you hit that bump with positive camber the car just spins. So you either need lots of static camber, which will kill the tyres on the rest of the track, or lots of camber gain. Lots of camber gain seems the way to go for me; when the grip comes up I usually end up on position 5 at the rear.

Olly Jefferies also runs this setup occasionally, although I've not had chance to find out why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.