Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

On the RSD7 2015 kit, is it basically a regular TC6.2 kit with all of the Reflex goodies added in, or is it all of the Reflex goodies along with just the parts needed to complete the car? The description says it comes with both the stock carbon and the RSD aluminum chassis, so I'm wondering if the stock 6.2 suspension is also included, or just the RSD lightweight parts. Am I making sense here?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

The only thing not included are the AE arms, caster blocks, rear hubs and oem servo mount. Everything else is there.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Team Prime shocks and parts are back in stock. Get them while they are available.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

After looking at your tc6.2 light weight suspension kit.I noticed there the r1 arms.am I correct?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just curious on the eta of the 1/12 body if there is one. Looking to try it out for the timezone Grand Prix if it will be available by then. Thanks, chris
Old 09-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

At this point we are just waiting on ROAR for the approval. The body was submitted over 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default New Items!!!

De-coupled servo Mount

TC6.2 Steering Brace

TC6.2 Bulkhead Braces

These bulkhead braces were developed in order to change the flex characteristics of your Touring Car. By Bracing the bulkheads at the top deck screws, the flex points of the chassis are moved closer to the center line, which increases high speed stability and control. Additionally the braces provide more on power traction at whichever end they are being used. For example, if you want more on power rear traction, install the rear brace. If you want more on power steering, install the front.
When using both braces, the car will stay a little bit flatter at high speed, will be easier on tires, the response will increase in tight corners and the car will be easier to drive in sweeping corners.

XRAY T4 Bulkhead Braces

RSD7 Full Carbon Kit Upgrade

TC6.2 Lowered Shock Towers

Tons of hours were put into the development of these shock towers. Before we settled on a design, we tried numerous different height combinations of the shock towers and analyzed the data in order to select the best combination of shock height and suspension stroke for your TC6.2. The result is shock towers with the same angles as the stock units, but a decrease in 2mm of suspension up stroke, which better matches the shock length of the TC6.2

If you are using the stock shock eyelets on your TC6.2 , depending on your roll center and lower arm position, you may have to trim the eyelet slightly to fit standard length springs to get low enough ride heights. We like cutting ours by about 3mm and then spacing our the lower stud 1mm.

Another option, if you are using bigger bore springs is also using Yokomo BD7 Short shock lower spring perches (part no. YOKB7-S3S) and shock eyelets and Ball Ends (part no. YOKB7-S614 and part no. YOKB7-S8.)
Old 10-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Christian, I just installed your lightweight arm kit for tc6.2. I've currently come to a problem with my steering throw. I normally run 25 degrees steering angle side to side, but your sway bar setup hits against the knuckle and I'm maxing out at 20 degrees now.

are you aware of this problem? w

hat is the solution here?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

If you want more steering throw, you can shave down the knuckles slightly, however the amount of steering throw should be enough with this arm system. The car will make more steering naturally, so there is less need for steering throw.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Christian: I was noticing that alot of TC6.X drivers use yours or say Yokomo springs. I have to choose my words carefully here but why do you feel your springs are better? Should a spring be the same as any other if they are rated roughly the same?

I recently bought the soft bladders and delrin pistons 1.0, 1.X etc, and the shocks feel so smooth now as before. Are these piston heads the best all round choice?; I'm not a pro driver here and I don't need to fine tune this as much in this department.

Could you suggest 1 another rsd piston head in the event I really should have a little diversity in this department.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Hi, I use a combination of our springs and Yokomo Springs. Lately I have been on the Yoke springs, but it was because bite was really high at our track. We are using some new tires, so I will revert back to our TC6.2 springs and see how they compare.

On the old layout, they were equally as fast, but the Yokomo springs were a little more stable on the car.

For pistons, I like running the 3x1.15, will almost full rebound (no drilled caps). With the aluminum car, it allows it to react quicker.I run these pistons almost 100% of the time.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default New XRAY Battery Holders

RSD147 RSD XRAY Keyed Carbon Fiber Battery Holders.

Made out of 3mm Carbon Fiber, these keyed battery holders for your XRAY T4 allow you to secure your battery safely in place, while at the same time keeping things light weight.

The Keyed Carbon Fiber Holder System, pioneered in our RSD7 Chassis, will not move or rotate like other carbon or plastic holders available, which in turn means a more secure battery.

The Keyed holders are offset by 3mm, allowing you to run the battery fully forward or fully back on your chassis to fine tune your weight distribution.

As with any of our new Carbon products, these are manufactured in house in the good ol' US of A.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default RX4.5

For Our XRAY Customers,
this is our prototype 7075-T6 Aluminum RX4.5 Chassis, which will be available soon. It lies somewhere in between the flex characteristic of the TT and the XRAY chassis, with the flex isolated more towards the center of the chassis. This, we have found makes a car easier on tires and more stable in high speed sweepers.

Our focus though is for all T4 '14 owners who don't necessarily want to dump their previous year car and feel like upgrading it to the new motor mount and attach the ARS as well. We will also offer an engraving service on the chassis, where we can engrave your name on it for a minimal fee.

Our plan is to anodize the chassis Dark Gray, as it has a nice contrast with the XRAY Orange. All chassis are machined in house, and are made from materials made in the USA, for a 100% American product.

A carbon version will follow in limited numbers for those of you that prefer it over the Aluminum.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Man, I would love it if you came out with an aluminum chassis for your RX1 conversion!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

I can do that no problem. It is just a matter of plugging in the file into the machine and getting a few of them made. Shoot me an email at the store and I can have one made on our next batch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.