R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #1456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Mike.

WD40, just do a google search for reflex racing. Our website will come up and you can order from there.

The bladders are part no. RSD012. Enter that part no. in our page's search box and they will pull up.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #1457
Tech Elite

Default RSD6 Carpet Set-Up

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co..._Mikes2012.pdf

This is easily the best carpet car I have ever had. It took a bit to get it right, but I was able to finish within 6-7 seconds on the same lap as Ralph Burch in Every qualifier and Main. Some were even closer. Top 5 cars were all on the lead lap. I was usually 3rd or 4th. Considering the competition was Burch, Mike Dumas and Chris Adams, I am super pumped with the performance of the car.

This is my first weekend with the car on carpet EVER. Only my 3rd time running mod on carpet EVER.

The set-up is extremely neutral. Perfect balance of front steering and rear grip as well as super stable and predictable. The car had very linear steering which is how I like my cars. Typically carpet cars are either twitchy going into the corner and push out or they push going in and rotate very hard. Both styles are fast, however hard for me to drive. This set-up is a balance of both. Good entry , good rotation, lots of stability. Fast lap was within less of a tenth of Ralph's fast lap. At the nationals, I was like 3-5 tenths back.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1458
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I heard the RSD shock blades were a good upgrade to help get zero rebound when rebuilding shocks. What are shock blades and can someone post a picture of what the RSD shock blades look like please? Also, how much and where do I get the RSD shock blades?
Actually Lmfao!!
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #1459
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I heard the RSD shock blades were a good upgrade to help get zero rebound when rebuilding shocks. What are shock blades and can someone post a picture of what the RSD shock blades look like please? Also, how much and where do I get the RSD shock blades?
If you are asking about the tc6 you bought from me, they are already in there. That car had every available reflex part on it available at the time.

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #1460
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

any good starting setup for medium traction parking lot with soda on tc6 with rsd 2.5mm chassis?
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #1461
Tech Elite

My set-up from Rd.2 of the Texas EOS is probably pretty good. If lacking grip, use blue instead of red springs all around and maybe 500cst all around instead of 550. That race was on a parking lot that was sugar watered.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #1462
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I also have a list of XRAY, SPEC R (which are identical where applicable to the XRAY Springs, quite impressive!) and Yokomo:

XRAY 2.6: 15.3
XRAY 2.8: 16.5
XRAY 3.0: 17.9
XRAY 3.2: 21.9

SPEC R 2.5: 14.5
SPEC R 2.7: 15.7
SPEC R 2.9: 17.2
SPEC R 3.1: 20.5

Yokomo Black: 13.7
Yokomo Blue: 14.3
Yokomo Pink: 14.8
Yokomo Yellow: 14.9

We are working on a comprehensive spring chart for reference. We will add as we get more springs to try. Our goal is to try to fill all the gaps in between our springs in order to provide a more comprehensive range of springs.
Hey Cristian, you may want to check out the KFactory spring kits as they are nearly a perfect fit for the TC6 and come in sets of 10 pair that are all close together in rate. If you want, I can send you my set for testing.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1463
Tech Master

Just showing off my new parts

New black springs and battery hold down system. My car is blessed now since it got wings. Thanks Christian!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #1464
Suspended

Quote:
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co..._Mikes2012.pdf

This is easily the best carpet car I have ever had. It took a bit to get it right, but I was able to finish within 6-7 seconds on the same lap as Ralph Burch in Every qualifier and Main. Some were even closer. Top 5 cars were all on the lead lap. I was usually 3rd or 4th. Considering the competition was Burch, Mike Dumas and Chris Adams, I am super pumped with the performance of the car.

This is my first weekend with the car on carpet EVER. Only my 3rd time running mod on carpet EVER.

The set-up is extremely neutral. Perfect balance of front steering and rear grip as well as super stable and predictable. The car had very linear steering which is how I like my cars. Typically carpet cars are either twitchy going into the corner and push out or they push going in and rotate very hard. Both styles are fast, however hard for me to drive. This set-up is a balance of both. Good entry , good rotation, lots of stability. Fast lap was within less of a tenth of Ralph's fast lap. At the nationals, I was like 3-5 tenths back.
thats awesome..cant wait for iic...u should be coming there...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1465
Tech Elite

Kevin! It looks awesome. I'll hook it up with more stickers soon. I am getting Mike Dumas to refer me to his sticker maker this week. You guys running foam?

I wish I was going to vegas too. It's just hard to get away and the trip is a bit expensive for me to swing this year. If we magically have an out of this world September month this year I'll try to swing it, however, it has been a bit up and down.

With that, by the end of the month we should be a full line TC6 shop. We will bring on the full spare catalog, some kits, Reedy motors/ batteries, LRP/Orion Speedos, bodies, amongst others. We are even planning on bringing on the Hot Bodies TCXX if it is available.

Our development will stay with the RSD6, but we are just trying to spread our scope a little bit and diversify.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #1466
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Www.rc-trim.com for all your logo needs..

Any DCJ rebuild kits yet?
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #1467
Tech Master

Quote:
Kevin! It looks awesome. I'll hook it up with more stickers soon. I am getting Mike Dumas to refer me to his sticker maker this week. You guys running foam?
Yes. For our Clubraces we prefer foam tires. They last longer and are a lot cheaper than rubber. Our track has a lot of hard left curves that are hard on tires. It is a also a lot of fun to drive these. That is why I asked for harder springs some months ago.

I like the stickers I am still holding some back for a new body

Congrats for the extension of your business!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #1468
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I wish I was going to vegas too. It's just hard to get away and the trip is a bit expensive for me to swing this year. If we magically have an out of this world September month this year I'll try to swing it, however, it has been a bit up and down.
Do eeet.....
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #1469
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
My set-up from Rd.2 of the Texas EOS is probably pretty good. If lacking grip, use blue instead of red springs all around and maybe 500cst all around instead of 550. That race was on a parking lot that was sugar watered.
where can i find it?
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #1470
Tech Elite

On our website. That's where all the set-ups are posted.