R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #1396
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer04 View Post
Hi Christian,

Do you feel the 2mm chassis would be the better choice for a low grip carpet setup. And speaking of setups do you have a link to setups for your new chassis?
Kevin, Andrew, thanks for the help.

And I would say yes, the 2.0mm chassis is a little more versatile for the lower grip tracks. It should be easier to set-up.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #1397
Tech Elite

Default RSD at the Texas EOS Rd 2

We had a good showing this past weekend at Rd2 of the Texas EOS. We had Marcus Williams TQ and win the stock class with my back-up 2mm RSD6. Even being under powered, Marcus was the only one to run the extra lap in the stock class and won the main from pole after a great drive in front of Han Wu, who was never out of contention in the A-Main. Both drivers drove a great race, but Marcus stayed cool, calm and collected and took the win by like 1.5 seconds.

In Modified, with really stiff competition, I managed to finished 2nd overall behind Mike Dumas. I was on the fastest qualifying time in Rd 1 on new tires (we are only allowed 1 set for Quals and Mains total) when a lapped car totally owned me from behind and flipped my car. I had a comfortable ~3 second lead over second place when this happened. The wreck cost me seven seconds.The second place car of Chris Adams took over the lead and ended up getting TQ which lasted the whole day over Dumas by less than a second and about 4 seconds over myself. In the main, from 3rd on the grid I was able to get around Mike Dumas and Chris Adams within the first 5 or so laps. I managed to build a comfortable lead, but a combination of my power fading with 2 minutes left and a problem with my car pulling a bit to the left caused me to graze a corner and spin out to allow Dumas to go by for the lead. Mike was also having trouble with a blown tire, but drove a masterful race, conserved power early and pounced when the time was right. I don't think there is any shame behind finishing a multiple ROAR National champion and leading most of the race. The RSD6 was really good. Set-up is coming soon. I ran the 2.5mm chassis. Grip on the track was medium to medium high.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #1398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What was Stock Tc qual time at Eos #2?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #1399
Tech Elite

Joe, I am not sure, I need to get the results from Chris emailed, but it was the only 32 lapper in stock. It was like a 6:10 or 6:11.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #1400
Tech Master

Awesome run. I wish I could have stay to see it. The heat got me.

I ran a 30/6:01 in the first round using RSD Red/Silver spring combo with RSD soft shock bladders on a Tc6.1. It was better the the driver yesterday. Thanks for the great products.

Congrats to all RSD drivers!

EOS Rocks!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1401
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey View Post
Awesome run. I wish I could have stay to see it. The heat got me.

I ran a 30/6:01 in the first round using RSD Red/Silver spring combo with RSD soft shock bladders on a Tc6.1. It was better the the driver yesterday. Thanks for the great products.

Congrats to all RSD drivers!

EOS Rocks!
Maybe it was 31 then. Not sure. You had a fantastic run yourself! Hope you get to feeling better soon. It was nice to see you in your home environment. The Austin track kicked ass and it was so much fun. It is going to be tough to beat that event. 94 entries at an on-road race these days is hard to come by.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #1402
Tech Master

Schedule the next EOS Austin race in October or March and we will shatter the 100 entry mark with ease.

Great people amd great race management equals a hell of alot of fun.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #1403
Tech Elite

Default New set-ups Added for the RSD6

For all you carpet guys, we have Mike Gee's set-up on line now.

This was my set-up at the Texas EOS Rd 2.

And this is the newest std set-up. This is the same set-up used by Marcus Williams to TQ and win the Stock class at the Texas EOS. When grip comes up, we simply decrease rear toe to 2.5 degrees. In colder weather we may decrease shock oil to 500 or 450 all around and sometimes we use 15.5 springs all around. The geometry settings (arm spacing, etc) is awesome though.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #1404
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
We had a good showing this past weekend at Rd2 of the Texas EOS. We had Marcus Williams TQ and win the stock class with my back-up 2mm RSD6. Even being under powered, Marcus was the only one to run the extra lap in the stock class and won the main from pole after a great drive in front of Han Wu, who was never out of contention in the A-Main. Both drivers drove a great race, but Marcus stayed cool, calm and collected and took the win by like 1.5 seconds.

In Modified, with really stiff competition, I managed to finished 2nd overall behind Mike Dumas. I was on the fastest qualifying time in Rd 1 on new tires (we are only allowed 1 set for Quals and Mains total) when a lapped car totally owned me from behind and flipped my car. I had a comfortable ~3 second lead over second place when this happened. The wreck cost me seven seconds.The second place car of Chris Adams took over the lead and ended up getting TQ which lasted the whole day over Dumas by less than a second and about 4 seconds over myself. In the main, from 3rd on the grid I was able to get around Mike Dumas and Chris Adams within the first 5 or so laps. I managed to build a comfortable lead, but a combination of my power fading with 2 minutes left and a problem with my car pulling a bit to the left caused me to graze a corner and spin out to allow Dumas to go by for the lead. Mike was also having trouble with a blown tire, but drove a masterful race, conserved power early and pounced when the time was right. I don't think there is any shame behind finishing a multiple ROAR National champion and leading most of the race. The RSD6 was really good. Set-up is coming soon. I ran the 2.5mm chassis. Grip on the track was medium to medium high.

Actually it was like 3 tenths when the race was over!! i was getting slower and slower as the race went on, the motor was cooked! i could not shake Han i think we both only had one minor mistake the entire race and we both did it at the same time!
I havent touched a TC in about 3 years, Cristian gave me the car and i didnt even get a chance to practice with it! first round i think i may have even TQ'd with it but my transponder wasnt reading the whole time. I didnt touch the car all day long except for a broken drive pin! thats a testament to how good the car was! Thanx CT for the loaner ride! Im goign to run it again for Round three EOS and will have my own by the finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey View Post
What was Stock Tc qual time at Eos #2?
I am pretty sure i clicked off 31/6:10 with some mid 11 lap times, The car will be Fantom powered in Dallas so it will be fast!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #1405
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Reading this thread really makes me want to build a touring car again

The RSD6 just looks fantastic.

Congrats on the great results so far.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #1406
Tech Elite

Rune! You are in here! AWESOME :P
Old 08-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1407
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Rune! You are in here! AWESOME :P
Sure:P
Have to keep an eye on you
Old 08-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #1408
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Results from EOS RD#2
http://www.texaseos.net/images/Round2_results/12.pdf
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

website down?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1410
Tech Elite

Looks like it, I am calling the service immediately.

Thanks.