Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Andrew, for sure. The idea is to make them for the XRAY and the TOP/ Tamiyas next.

I've been taking a look at the flyers and they look good I am glad you like them too.

I will for sure be up there for the warm up. Maybe even before then as well.

What is the club schedule looking like these days?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Entries have been steadily increasing. Double digit VTA entries just about every Thursday and Sat. Lots of visits from the OK guys. Every other week we get Eaves and his two boys and Bob Seay. Then we get random visits from Stanton and Scott. I can't be happier with the traction and attendance. Lots of new guys so not all the classes are really competitive, and its hard to get Mod anything raced, but at least the groove is wide!

AWD
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

silly question, will the dcjs straight fit the 6.1 ?

ed
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
silly question, will the dcjs straight fit the 6.1 ?

ed
Yes they will work. You might need different bearings depending on the size of the driveshaft.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Andrew, for sure. The idea is to make them for the XRAY and the TOP/ Tamiyas next.

I've been taking a look at the flyers and they look good I am glad you like them too.

I will for sure be up there for the warm up. Maybe even before then as well.

What is the club schedule looking like these days?
be good it you could make them for the schumacher mi4cx as well
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

These are in production now. We are very happy with how testing is going. They should arrive around late March (this is our estimation right now.) Unfortunately, with the lunar new year holiday, all the factories in China shut down in China for about 3 weeks.

will they be available in different lengths ?
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

These DCJ's use a 5mm bearing. They should drop right in, although I have not had the 6.1 caster blocks in my hand to test them. With the 6, you have to shave the caster block a bit to make them work. I have not had increased breakage due to this though.

We can certainly look into the Schumacher. It is just a matter of getting some schumacher drive shafts in my hands.

At the moment, we were not really planning on different lengths for the TC6. However, if we see that there is enough demand for it, we can look into it.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

These DCJ's use a 5mm bearing. They should drop right in, although I have not had the 6.1 caster blocks in my hand to test them. With the 6, you have to shave the caster block a bit to make them work. I have not had increased breakage due to this though.

We can certainly look into the Schumacher. It is just a matter of getting some schumacher drive shafts in my hands.

At the moment, we were not really planning on different lengths for the TC6. However, if we see that there is enough demand for it, we can look into it.
thank you for that chris
Old 01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

hiya

i thought the tc6 was 6x10 and the 6.1 was 5x10 ?

well, according to the manuals they are.

Ed
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally, some better LAYSHAFT SCREWS. I found some at the local hardware store that are longer than stock and have a larger head.... but are flathead so it will be nice to have some good HEX screws. I stripped a stock one out just sneezing next to the car.

I was just playing around with the front track width yesterday on my car. With the car widened out to 188-190mm using shims on the bulkheads, the driveshaft sat more than halfway out of the spool outdrive. Obviously not everybody will run the car that wide or with all of the spacing on the arm mounts.... BUT that shows there are benefits to a +2 or +3mm shaft. Enough demand for them to be produced?...... maybe not, but definitely worth keeping in mind!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If they are about the same size as the HB DCJ's, they will drop into the 6.1 C hubs. If they are the same size as the Xray ECS's, you will need to sand the 6.1 C hub edges ever so slightly.

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
hiya

i thought the tc6 was 6x10 and the 6.1 was 5x10 ?

well, according to the manuals they are.

Ed
These will drop into the 6.1. You can get some 5x10x3 bearings and they will fit the 6 parts (you will need to dremel out the 6 c hubs as mentioned).
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craig W
be good it you could make them for the schumacher mi4cx as well
+1

I would get a few sets and rebuilds..
Old 01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

are they closer to 44 or to 46mm ? If they are 46 then you could possibly sell them to HB owners as the DCJ's are 44mm and sit at the edge of the cup on the TCX (depending on choice of hinge pin mount).
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

These are closer to 46.

The issue with the TCX is the ball side of the TC6 that goes into the spool is bigger than other touring cars..

These DCJ's should work with Yokomos and Top Cars when used with AE Spools.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Cristian, when is the TC6 belt tensioner in stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.