Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Old 09-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

joe, yes these are the new tc6 specific gear diffs. no mods needed
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmmmm.... I'll probably order 2 diffs when I get home
Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What is the ETA for the Fan bracket?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

The Fan Mount should be here soon. Probably inside of 2 weeks. We should also receive some samples of the drive shafts as well.

We have a new Belt tensioner that doubles as a battery spacer so that your batteries don't hit the belt anymore. Samples for those are about 4 weeks out.

Other samples that are in the works are our T6 hardened aluminum Low Profile Ball Studs (to use on the vertical stud mounts and achieve lower inside link locations) which will work especially well on the inside, super long link locations and also on the steering bell crank to help reduce how much the inside turnbuckle hits the bulkhead. We also have "black studs" coming in T6 hardened aluminum.

Finally, recently I found a small production run shop here in Texas that cuts carbon fiber products. We are in the process of designing a dual bell crank steering chassis to be used with the XRay parts and probably a different top deck. We'll test it and see how it goes, if it works well, we will do a small production run of the chassis done on a special order level. Turn around is not long with them so this will be our best bet if it works.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh boy! You are hard working!

Now I know what you are doing all week long
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

All the Spec R Parts for the Gear Diffs are updated now. I just need to add the fluids/greases to it.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The Fan Mount should be here soon. Probably inside of 2 weeks. We should also receive some samples of the drive shafts as well.

We have a new Belt tensioner that doubles as a battery spacer so that your batteries don't hit the belt anymore. Samples for those are about 4 weeks out.

Other samples that are in the works are our T6 hardened aluminum Low Profile Ball Studs (to use on the vertical stud mounts and achieve lower inside link locations) which will work especially well on the inside, super long link locations and also on the steering bell crank to help reduce how much the inside turnbuckle hits the bulkhead. We also have "black studs" coming in T6 hardened aluminum.

Finally, recently I found a small production run shop here in Texas that cuts carbon fiber products. We are in the process of designing a dual bell crank steering chassis to be used with the XRay parts and probably a different top deck. We'll test it and see how it goes, if it works well, we will do a small production run of the chassis done on a special order level. Turn around is not long with them so this will be our best bet if it works.
I had to raise the XRAY post/arms 3-4 mm on my car so that I wouldn't have issues with the turnbuckles hitting the bulkhead or arm mount. Just something to consider
Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

CWoods, good to know, thanks. I am starting on the chassis design right now.

Any features you guys would want out of it?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let me know if you need help testing the drive shafts.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am starting on the chassis design right now.

Any features you guys would want out of it?
Stepped motor clearance area instead of a hole/slot in the plate.

Narrower than stock chassis without changing steering geometry unless replacing with another system.

Better/tighter battery retention system (a la Photon alloy parts) that does NOT use tape (velcro strap OK). Exotek style cups (alloy or carbon) w/carbon top strap also OK.

Top deck clearance for battery bullets front or rear.

Be sure to have areas where either stick on weights can be mounted and/or holes through the chassis for screw mount weights.

Don't forget an oval hole under the motor shaft for pinion grub screw access.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

joe, yes these are the new tc6 specific gear diffs. no mods needed
Awesome thanks! Looking forward to rebuilding my shocks with the new bladders.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

I now prefer to use only tape after cutting my own slots. Less weight without the brackets

Otherwise, I basically agree with everything else Buckaroo mentioned. The stock chassis is pretty narrow to begin with but it can always go more.......

If you do a dual-arm setup and turn the servo like I did on mine, you may consider a tray/bracket of some sort to allow use of both servo mounts. Mine is currently held using only a mount next to the belt and servo tape, which holds great, BUT some may want the added "security".
Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ever thought about using the Tamiya rack? The 3Racing copy is like $20 vs. what it would cost to put an Xray rack on the car.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

The thing I like about the XRAY kit is that it comes with a decent servo saver and is pretty small overall. I only had to add my own turnbuckle of a certain length.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Ever thought about using the Tamiya rack? The 3Racing copy is like $20 vs. what it would cost to put an Xray rack on the car.
I'll have to take a look at it as well. We are so early in the design stages that any suggestion is appreciated.

CWoods, since we would be making an all-new chassis, we would definitely have to make it so that you can use 2 servo mounts with the servo turned sideways a-la Tamiya/Yokomo.

Also, while tape works well, it still needs some sort of cradle to hold the batteries in. We'll see what comes of this

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.