R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #2821
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
Any updates on the aluminum chassis, specifically the custom one I ordered?
They should be ready to ship on Wednesday.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #2822
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Cristian,

Have you considered making some retainers for T4'15 swaybars that will fit onto T3/T4 bulkheads? I don't imagine it'd be a problem if the swaybars fit a bit higher. Spacers could be added to the endlinks to compensate.

-Mike
Not really. I don't see this as a big benefit, I can't see many people buying it for the cost it is would be.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #2823
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Not really. I don't see this as a big benefit, I can't see many people buying it for the cost it is would be.
Hey Christian, it says the reflex phone number is non working. Trying to get status on my order# rx10878. Thanks
Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #2824
Tech Elite

It's an ip phone and the service is spotty with our internet. Basically if it does not ring, we are not there.

Try emailing the store through the website. What I can tell you is that the best way to check your order status is to log into your account and click on the order you are wondering about. If it has shipped, the tracking number should be attached to the order.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #2825
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
It's an ip phone and the service is spotty with our internet. Basically if it does not ring, we are not there.

Try emailing the store through the website. What I can tell you is that the best way to check your order status is to log into your account and click on the order you are wondering about. If it has shipped, the tracking number should be attached to the order.
Thanks Christian, found it. It was shipped. It was attempted to be delivered this morning, but post office said there was something wrong with the label. Of course they couldn't tell me what was wrong. Lol. I have to go to the post office in morning and pick it up. Have to love the USPS during the holiday season.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #2826
Tech Adept

Christian,

I'll pick my words carefully here since its probably my fault but please indicate on your website that the steering brace that is sold for the TC6.2 is not needed unless you will buy the floating servo mount as well. I had recently bought it thinking it was a cheap upgrade and was interesting thing to try. Now I have a 8 dollar piece of carbon that will probably never do anything. Right now I don't have plans to purchase your upgrade to the floating servo mount; buyer beware I guess; I should have realized it when I bought it.

Unless the disclaimer is there then I'm sorry.

Anyway the car felt more planted with the new top brace; subtle change but it was there. Just put in the carbon chassis; so we'll see how that improves things.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #2827
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinew View Post
Christian,

I'll pick my words carefully here since its probably my fault but please indicate on your website that the steering brace that is sold for the TC6.2 is not needed unless you will buy the floating servo mount as well. I had recently bought it thinking it was a cheap upgrade and was interesting thing to try. Now I have a 8 dollar piece of carbon that will probably never do anything. Right now I don't have plans to purchase your upgrade to the floating servo mount; buyer beware I guess; I should have realized it when I bought it.

Unless the disclaimer is there then I'm sorry.

Anyway the car felt more planted with the new top brace; subtle change but it was there. Just put in the carbon chassis; so we'll see how that improves things.

lol...same here...I did the same thing. I kept looking at the pic and was what?...how?...oh I see. Still might use it later.
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #2828
Tech Adept

Default Bad Battery hold down post

Cristian. Are the 6.2 battery Hold Down post back in stock yet. I contacted you (case number 1551) order 10495 on the Bad battery hold down post you sent me. That was back over a month ago and you said it would be in stock in about a week or so. I ordered this 9-15-2004. My patience is running thin.

RC Sailboat, 3RC planes, SC5m, Yuneec Typhoon Quadcopter
speeddaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #2829
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
Man, I would love it if you came out with an aluminum chassis for your RX1 conversion!
Quote:
I can do that no problem. It is just a matter of plugging in the file into the machine and getting a few of them made. Shoot me an email at the store and I can have one made on our next batch.
Quote:
For Our XRAY Customers,

Christian - Thanks for the chassis, I've got it installed and looking forward to running it.

So for the RX4 V1 or standard T4 2013 users. Christian has an aluminum chassis available to fit T4 2013 with RX4 v1 conversion on it based on his 2014 version. Fit and finish is typical Reflex awesome and this chassis offers every possible option that can be offered to RX4 users.
  • Allows the 2013/2014 or 2015 motor mounts
  • ARS mounts pre-drilled
  • 2014+ front arms fit
  • Direct for for T4 2013 cars without the RX4 conversion (Only aluminum chassis I know of available for 2013 cars?)
Old 12-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #2830
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddaddy View Post
Cristian. Are the 6.2 battery Hold Down post back in stock yet. I contacted you (case number 1551) order 10495 on the Bad battery hold down post you sent me. That was back over a month ago and you said it would be in stock in about a week or so. I ordered this 9-15-2004. My patience is running thin.
Unfortunately the hold downs are not back in stock. Long story short, we are switching factories, in part for their lack of timely delivery and in part because of quality control. I don't have a date for these ATM, but I will gladly issue a refund if you send these back in. Again, I am sorry, but this is just out of our control at the time.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #2831
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
Christian - Thanks for the chassis, I've got it installed and looking forward to running it.

So for the RX4 V1 or standard T4 2013 users. Christian has an aluminum chassis available to fit T4 2013 with RX4 v1 conversion on it based on his 2014 version. Fit and finish is typical Reflex awesome and this chassis offers every possible option that can be offered to RX4 users.
  • Allows the 2013/2014 or 2015 motor mounts
  • ARS mounts pre-drilled
  • 2014+ front arms fit
  • Direct for for T4 2013 cars without the RX4 conversion (Only aluminum chassis I know of available for 2013 cars?)
I am glad you liked it. Post a picture when you have a chance. A lot of TLC goes into each and every aluminum chassis, which are now crafted in house. We'll probably make the '13 chassis on a special order basis only. However, I can tell you the performance is will and is worth the wait.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #2832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
I am glad you liked it. Post a picture when you have a chance. A lot of TLC goes into each and every aluminum chassis, which are now crafted in house. We'll probably make the '13 chassis on a special order basis only. However, I can tell you the performance is will and is worth the wait.
Ignore the dirt, old tires, and my ugly wiring please, oh and the fact that I just set the car on the counter and snapped some shots. Keep in mind this is a well used car that I didn't clean for these shots.

I did run it yesterday for a couple packs with a mod motor but I was still trying to hang onto the motor and tune the car so I can't say just how great the chassis is or isn't. It sure did feel easier to drive than the carbon chassis and didn't do anything really unpredictable so I think that it will be a good thing for me once I get settle into mod indoors. I'll run it more in a couple weeks and see if I can settle myself down with that motor and get a better feel for the chassis.

These are the Reflex captured layshaft bulkheads.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #2833
Tech Elite

It looks great! It seems like we really granted the car a new lease on life

I am making more chassis next week. If anyone wants '13s/'14s/'15s, let me know and I'll get you guys squared away. I am extremely happy with my '14.5 conversion, aka RX4.5. It is every bit as fast as any of the '15s that I have been up against.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #2834
Tech Adept

I have the RSD7 carbon chassis; the car is really planted now; awesome.

question about the battery holders (RSD135)

Is do people use some sort of padding so the battery is securely in place, like your T4 picture had rubber rings around one of the braces? Or is one piece different than the other so when you tape it, you can tape the battery pulling it forward or reverse depending on your weight disto choice. In that case would u typically recommend pull the battery forward or toward the rear? I race carpet with traction typically low to medium.

Is it possible for you to post an image here of what is to be done; I'm paranoid the battery will fall out. I've never really used tape this way before; Associated really cements things in while in stock form.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #2835
Tech Elite

With the RSD7 and our T4 holders, the holders are offset. Typically a more forward battery position allows the car to be more stable into the corners and provides more steering in tight tracks. The battery further back provides more entry steering and more rotation.

If used with good tape properly, the holders are just supposed to work as for and aft stops. It is not supposed to hold the battery tight. However, I have a new set of holders now that hold the battery far more snug because people requested it.

Another project that I am working on right now is a chassis with a shorter distance in between the suspension mounts so as not to use so many shims on the arms with our Suspension arms. So far, it is working great. I'll post some pictures later.

If anyone is interested in one of these "shorter hingepin chassis" for their cars, we can definitely make them for you in carbon or aluminum. The Aluminum chassis take about 2-3 weeks to be ready, the carbon about 1.

Conversely, if anyone needs any custom cut carbon parts or aluminum items that can be done on a router table, don't hesitate to contact us.

Lastly, today I am working on an adapter to be able to mount an ARS on the RSD7 Chassis. This conversion requires the use of XRAY 0 degree caster blocks and steering hubs. I really like the ARS on my XRAY, I hope that the results are the same on the AE Car.