R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #2776
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Hi Guys, we are releasing a limited production run of the full RSD7 Kit. This first batch will be limited to 25 kits, so if you have been wanting to try the full effect of our RSD7 car, now is the chance to do it. The Kits are available for pre-order, and should be ready in 2-3 weeks from today.

The cars have really good value, the savings are close to $100.00 USD when you start adding items up. Another thing to mention the car is provided with the stock Carbon Chassis as well as the aluminum option.

The list includes the following:
-RSD7 Aluminum Chassis
-RSD Aluminum Spool Cups
-RSD Soft Bladders
-RSD 315 Pistons
-RSD TC6.2 Springs
-RSD Adjustable Carbon Fiber Battery Stop
-RSD Aluminum Inside Servo Mount
-RSD Light Weight Suspension Kit
-RSD Hard Front Bumper
-RSD Aluminum Rear Bones

Here are some pics:
Have you test the durability in parking lot layout racing from all the scrapes?
My stock Carbon chassis is wearing thin at the rear under loads.
Inferno GT2 VE Sweep PL1 Hobbywing XERUN w/2200KV - 4S. VE Audi R8 LMS Tekin RX8 Gen2 w/2650KV - 4S. AE TC6.1 SP Audi TC Tekin RS Gen2 w/8.5. TT-01E Audi R8 Hobby Wing 21.5T. TT-02 NSX-GT Hobby Wing 13.5T. DF-01 Porsche Cayenne 23T B.
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " 214 State st Suite 209 Hackensack, NJ 07601:201-820-1347
Racing: FRIDAY Mini Z Indoor/SATURDAY 1/8 & 1/10 VE Outdoor.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #2777
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

I also leave you with a picture of our 12th scale
Awesome! Is the body geared more for 17.5/13.5 or mod?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #2778
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We have tested it with everything, so I would not necessarily say it is geared towards something in particular, but our goal was to mae it more efficient for spec classes.

Think of it as a more stable at high speed AMR, with a bit more turn in. The lighter weight helps on the high speed sections and the decreased lateral downforce helps in the tighter sections. The body should allow for the car to be "freer" in high grip conditions and also allow for softer set ups to generate better forward bite.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #2779
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by machgo5go View Post
Have you test the durability in parking lot layout racing from all the scrapes?
My stock Carbon chassis is wearing thin at the rear under loads.
Yes, there has been a lot of asphalt testing. One of our drivers in Thailand just recently won an event against some stiff competition, including former WC Surikarn C. Fast laps were about 2-3 tenths faster than the rest of the field, which was a pleasant surprise. The durability of aluminum is a bit better than carbon as well, but think of it like your big GT cars, the aluminum chassis is a little bit tougher and a little more wear resistant. It will still scratch a bit, but won't wear as fast.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #2780
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Our carpet season just a round the corner..'
Well so far I have some of the shock RSD hop up, lightweight arm, alum chassis, plus the yokomo pink and blue spring.
Can't find any more option carpet 17.5 set up online...
Old 09-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #2781
Tech Elite

I am sorry, are you saying that you are looking for a set-up? There are a couple a few pages back, but if you have any questions, please ask away.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #2782
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
I am sorry, are you saying that you are looking for a set-up? There are a couple a few pages back, but if you have any questions, please ask away.
this coming weekend is our first carpet indoor races. I will let you know ,how it goes..
PS, I do like the stock chassis over the alum chassis. The stock chassis with the rsd top deck feel nice and more forgiving and alum is more direct feel has more quicker response,
Old 09-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #2783
Tech Elite

If you prefer carbon, you should try the rsd7 carbon version, it is better than the stock one.

As for the aluminum chassis, it can go both ways. One thing to note is with the lower cg, the car seems to like lighter damping. I have gone from 3x1.1 to 3x1.15. Also you can run 0.5 mm of spacing under the suspension mounts for less response. The Aluminum chassis is thinner, so it is like running +0.25 on a carbon chassis.

Also, you can try softer springs.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #2784
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
If you prefer carbon, you should try the rsd7 carbon version, it is better than the stock one.

As for the aluminum chassis, it can go both ways. One thing to note is with the lower cg, the car seems to like lighter damping. I have gone from 3x1.1 to 3x1.15. Also you can run 0.5 mm of spacing under the suspension mounts for less response. The Aluminum chassis is thinner, so it is like running +0.25 on a carbon chassis.

Also, you can try softer springs.
I have the 1mm under the suspension......
The problem I was getting was the car rolled a little too much and lazy..

thinking about getting the RSD7 carbon chassis. What are the softer spring are you preferring for med high track grip?

question this a note saying it will not work with stock holder ?{ stock batteries holder)? and are there going to be new motor location on the new chassis?
you might have my answer. Its the 450 cst f/r it is too thick?
Thanks

Last edited by OVA; 09-16-2014 at 11:01 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #2785
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I have the 1mm under the suspension......
The problem I was getting was the car rolled a little too much and lazy..

thinking about getting the RSD7 carbon chassis. What are the softer spring are you preferring for med high track grip?

question this a note saying it will not work with stock holder ?? and are there going to be new motor location on the new chassis?
you might have my answer. Its the 450 cst f/r it is too thick?
Thanks
If the car rolls too much, you may want to decrease droop on it. Lighter damping will also increase response.

For softer springs, we run yoke blue front and black rear a lot. But if the roll is too high, the stiffer springs are probably going to be a better option. You could also probably lower your inner links a bit and/or use narrower hexes in the front. I use 4mm hexes spaces out 0.5mm

The RSD7 Carbon has the same shape as the aluminum, so it must use the RSD7 battery holders, or XRAY plastic ones.

In the works are some lowered towers to use with short yokomo shocks. When the grip gets higher and the car gets a bit lazy, it increases corner speed by quite a bit. I have personally seen about 0.1-0.2 seconds quicker lap times with them. You can actually feel the car drive with more speed through the middle of the corner with these.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #2786
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
If the car rolls too much, you may want to decrease droop on it. Lighter damping will also increase response.

For softer springs, we run yoke blue front and black rear a lot. But if the roll is too high, the stiffer springs are probably going to be a better option. You could also probably lower your inner links a bit and/or use narrower hexes in the front. I use 4mm hexes spaces out 0.5mm

The RSD7 Carbon has the same shape as the aluminum, so it must use the RSD7 battery holders, or XRAY plastic ones.

In the works are some lowered towers to use with short yokomo shocks. When the grip gets higher and the car gets a bit lazy, it increases corner speed by quite a bit. I have personally seen about 0.1-0.2 seconds quicker lap times with them. You can actually feel the car drive with more speed through the middle of the corner with these.
I have the 1mm shim inner links in the rear..
I will change to thinning shock oil first... ,is mostly the transition is too lazy..thanks
ps... keeping the alum chassis on my car...thanks again

Last edited by OVA; 09-17-2014 at 01:49 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #2787
Tech Elite

A couple of posts ago you said is was more responsive, now it is lazy. So I am having trouble following your issues.

If the car is lazy, then you are running too much droop. Start reducing it 1/8 of a turn at a time.

The Aluminum chassis generates more bite than the carbon, because it is stiffer (I Know, sounds backwards) but this is because the stock unit is too flexible. It does however have a lower CG, so it should switch directions quicker. However, with the increased bite, the car will roll over more. Hence, the suggestion for less droop.

We run lower amounts of droop with the aluminum chassis than what I ever ran with my carbon cars.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #2788
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
A couple of posts ago you said is was more responsive, now it is lazy. So I am having trouble following your issues.

If the car is lazy, then you are running too much droop. Start reducing it 1/8 of a turn at a time.

The Aluminum chassis generates more bite than the carbon, because it is stiffer (I Know, sounds backwards) but this is because the stock unit is too flexible. It does however have a lower CG, so it should switch directions quicker. However, with the increased bite, the car will roll over more. Hence, the suggestion for less droop.

We run lower amounts of droop with the aluminum chassis than what I ever ran with my carbon cars.
Hi Cristian
you answer to my question correct...I was talking about comparing the alum and stock chassis...Now I'm keeping the alum on and try different shock oil and droop as you said to do..Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #2789
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

Does the rsd 6.2 lightweight suspension cure the slop issues?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #2790
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Does the rsd 6.2 lightweight suspension cure the slop issues?
Yes Yes
last weekend for test and tune. I bent the scrap out the front hinge pin in two placed. and never broke the new light weight front control arm. That's Good news
well worth the money