R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #2626
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
You can keep the battery stop on there if you want, but what I think Cristian is trying to say is, if you use tape and put it through the cutout areas, your battery wont budge and there's no real reason to have a battery stop.

Edit: Sorry Cristian...ewe got dis
do me a favor and do that, because ive lost a belt that way and had to toss the battery, almost caused a fire... so take the chance I suppose... in the OP i said theres about 1/8 of play.... where it fit snuggly in my 6.2 chassis. Even if i pushed the battery against the stop, theres maybe 4-5mm of space for a 3mm belt traveling at high speeds.... so definetly not enough space...
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #2627
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
At the Fore-and-aft positions, so long as you file your tape slots (You should always chamfer tape slots regardless of stops or battery cradles when using tape) you should not need any other parts to use the chassis. Tape is more than sufficient to hold your battery securely even at the highest modified speeds. All the other items are optional.
Just make sure you are using ACTUAL battery tape, as it doesn't stretch or break on impact. Hudy battery tape ftw!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #2628
Tech Master

even I tape down the battery as tightly as I can... then it still moves, not a whole bunch, but it that means id have to put new tape in each run... if i dont put the battery in correctly that means i just lost another belt and another battery, if i dont catch it right away, or if the battery shifts during a crash
Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #2629
Tech Master

while im at it ill take the bumper off as well, the wheels are more than sufficient to take the impact of a crash. its really optional and extra weight.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #2630
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Just make sure you are using ACTUAL battery tape, as it doesn't stretch or break on impact. Hudy battery tape ftw!
Battery, or strapping tape, won't give. Racers have used it for years.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #2631
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
even I tape down the battery as tightly as I can... then it still moves, not a whole bunch, but it that means id have to put new tape in each run... if i dont put the battery in correctly that means i just lost another belt and another battery, if i dont catch it right away, or if the battery shifts during a crash
The battery stop you were using on the CF chassis will still mount on the aluminum chassis correct? If so, throw it back in there, that should stop the battery from hitting the belt if it gets loose.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #2632
Tech Master

Quote:
The battery stop you were using on the CF chassis will still mount on the aluminum chassis correct? If so, throw it back in there, that should stop the battery from hitting the belt if it gets loose.
as stated for the THIRD time it moves 1/8 of an inch from side to side
Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #2633
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
as stated for the THIRD time it moves 1/8 of an inch from side to side
Look, I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, I actually am trying to help. But the slots that are cut into the chassis are there to replace needing battery mounts. Many manufacturers are doing this, it's much more effective at keeping your battery from moving even fractions of a millimeter. Battery tape will not let that battery move at all and is much more effective. Battery braces break, the holes in the chassis do not. You can space your battery as far from the belt as you desire. One piece of battery tape can be used for weeks as long as your not exposing it to chemicals or something.

Honestly, if you are not happy with it, contact Cristian, I'm sure he can work out a refund for you. If not, I'll buy the damn thing from you for my other car.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #2634
Tech Master

Changing the balance of the car 10-15 grams plus adding tension to one side of the car and having the battery position change every run doesn't affect your car? It's fine I will be sure to fix the parts that were suppose to work like I do with the rest of the stuff I buy....
Old 06-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #2635
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sometimes people really don't want help, or to help themselves. Weird.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #2636
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am not sure if you have seen the Tamiya and Yokomo cars and how they come now. They come exactly as the aluminum chassis does. No "Battery holder" just a stop to keep the battery from getting into the belt.

I am not sure what concern you have with the battery as a lot has been lost through all the posts. If you use Tape correctly, the battery should never leave the car and it should also never get into the belt.

As for the balance, this is something everyone does with their car. All chassis are balanced differently and it is entirely dependent on electronics, batteries, motors, etc. Installing a new deck on your car and not expecting to have to re-balance it is a little bit unreasonable. The car is now heavier, so balancing it will be a little bit easier if you do not use battery holders, especially if you are running heavy, high capacity batteries.

Lastly, if you really are not satisfied with the product, please send it back before you use it and I will gladly refund the money for your purchase. I am down to only 1 more chassis from the first production run and I should not have trouble moving it. I understand you are frustrated, but believe me, we are not in the business of ripping people off. You should not have to "fix" anything to use the chassis. You can make custom adaptations to suit your preferences, but let me be clear and say that the item is perfectly operational as is.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #2637
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am not sure if you have seen the Tamiya and Yokomo cars and how they come now. They come exactly as the aluminum chassis does. No "Battery holder" just a stop to keep the battery from getting into the belt.

I am not sure what concern you have with the battery as a lot has been lost through all the posts. If you use Tape correctly, the battery should never leave the car and it should also never get into the belt.

As for the balance, this is something everyone does with their car. All chassis are balanced differently and it is entirely dependent on electronics, batteries, motors, etc. Installing a new deck on your car and not expecting to have to re-balance it is a little bit unreasonable. The car is now heavier, so balancing it will be a little bit easier if you do not use battery holders, especially if you are running heavy, high capacity batteries.

Lastly, if you really are not satisfied with the product, please send it back before you use it and I will gladly refund the money for your purchase. I am down to only 1 more chassis from the first production run and I should not have trouble moving it. I understand you are frustrated, but believe me, we are not in the business of ripping people off. You should not have to "fix" anything to use the chassis. You can make custom adaptations to suit your preferences, but let me be clear and say that the item is perfectly operational as is.
It would be easier to make an instruction video then trying to explain it in words! Sometimes itís just hard to do it yourself for the first time if you never seen how it should be done properly.

I have a BD7 2014 with no holders and using Hudy tape. The battery is absolutely tight with no movement at all if done correctly. Also had few heavy crashes and the battery didnít move a bit! More or less all Yokomoís at the ETS races donít use battery holders and never seen anything fell off.
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:03 AM   #2638
Tech Master

Quote:

That's fine people can use tape as for me I will make some battery holders that work. I say the balance and battery placement because I have 100+ ways to throw that thing I there and not have it the same spot.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #2639
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Cristian,

How'd we go for numbers on the re-run chassis??
Old 06-10-2014, 05:12 AM   #2640
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

remember to file your tape slots it can cut through the tape otherwise. I also agree that battery retainers are better, which is why I have some super light ones on my bd7 that only weigh about 2grams including the screws