Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Christian, with the bones. they just lower your rotational mass?

how is wear on them?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, lower rotational mass and also gets your car lower to min weight when you are shaving weight with an Aluminum chassis.

The wear is pretty good so long as you clean them and grease them every couple of track days. The rear bones undergo very little stress and angles so they last a long time.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:41 PM
The Evicerator

Looking good!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Steve, i finally have some goodies otw to you...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rsd 20mm spring kits

Hi all,

I've just purchased 2sets of the carpet and asphalt springs and would like to know a good starting point for carpet and asphalt tracks for my xray t4'14.
Carpet track is high grip tight and twisty running sores 28JB rubber and the outdoor track is low grip, and flows well with a couple of low speed technical sections
Thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mutley001
Hi all,

I've just purchased 2sets of the carpet and asphalt springs and would like to know a good starting point for carpet and asphalt tracks for my xray t4'14.
Carpet track is high grip tight and twisty running sores 28JB rubber and the outdoor track is low grip, and flows well with a couple of low speed technical sections
Thanks in advance
Carpet: Pink, Blue
Asphalt: SilverF, Pink or Blue Rear

Are we talking about Eastbourne?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Carpet: Pink, Blue
Asphalt: SilverF, Pink or Blue Rear

Are we talking about Eastbourne?
Good guess! I don't get down there very often but like the track. Would you recommend the same for west London? I hope to make it over there soon.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:10 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Steve, i finally have some goodies otw to you...
Sounds great Christian, very much looking forward to it!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

So Christian switching my car over to the new aluminum chassis. Get the battery section HOLY CRAP. How do you FORGET TO MENTION that you need to purchase the rsd battery holds and battery stop! There is legitimately 3/16 of an inch if not 1/4 of an inch of play inbetween the stock battery holders... you cant even put two screws in the battery holders because theres not room because the chassis is so narrow. Then I finally get the battery in the car. I use a buggy foam spacer and some two way tape to make it fit properly. REALLY JANKY but it works, fine no biggy what ever ill send christian a private message about it. But I look at the battery stop now and its not close to that either theres a good 1/8 of play between the battery and the battery stop, free to slam into the belt as it likes. So now not only do I get the privelage to fix more of your products. I have to spent more of my time to do so... brilliant please explain to me why this was not mention in the chassis description. Or on any forum. I am looking forward to the reason. Its a marketing ploy, I get it. You want people to buy your other products. Generally those companies mention that their parts are the ones that work with the new what ever they release... HIGHLY UNSATISFIED...
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

The chassis is meant to be used with tape, much like the Yokomo and all of our previous chassis versions. There is no need for battery holders on a chassis like this. It is an option, but not necessary.

Making the stock battery holders work is not an option, as the shape of the chassis necessitates a different bolt pattern.

I am sorry for the confusion, it is not something we do intentionally. However, I can tell you that using just tape you will be fine.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

To add, personally I don't use a holder on the Aluminum version because it adds unwanted weight to an already heavier car. If I use the CF version, I do use them for extra safety, but they really are just something that some people may want or may not want to use on their car. That's why we sell it as an option part and don't advertise it as a "Necessity".
Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
To add, personally I don't use a holder on the Aluminum version because it adds unwanted weight to an already heavier car. If I use the CF version, I do use them for extra safety, but they really are just something that some people may want or may not want to use on their car. That's why we sell it as an option part and don't advertise it as a "Necessity".
that only addresses part of a problem viewed as a matter of opinion... what about the battery stop...
Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

You should be able to use the standard battery stop at the inside without any issue. Are you having fitment issues?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can keep the battery stop on there if you want, but what I think Cristian is trying to say is, if you use tape and put it through the cutout areas, your battery wont budge and there's no real reason to have a battery stop.

Edit: Sorry Cristian...ewe got dis
Old 06-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Correct^^^ Thanks for verbalizing in a different manner.

Basically, at the center, the stock TC6 battery stop should keep the battery from hitting the belt, much like on the original car.

At the Fore-and-aft positions, so long as you file your tape slots (You should always chamfer tape slots regardless of stops or battery cradles when using tape) you should not need any other parts to use the chassis. Tape is more than sufficient to hold your battery securely even at the highest modified speeds. All the other items are optional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.