Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just received word from the factory that our cf chassis and optional cf parts for the conversion are on the way. Unfortunately, the aluminum chassis will be delayed a week. We were not happy with the aluminum grade that they gave us, so we purchased swiss 7075 and sent it in, this delayed it a bit, but the product will be of much better quality.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What number are we up to on the pre-orders for the EVO chassis for the 6.1?
Old 05-14-2014, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

We need about 3-4 more.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default RSD7 Now Available!!!

Here's some pictures of our new TC6.2 Carbon Fiber Chassis. I figured we'd call it the RSD7 in order to keep the tradition going...

Many of the features in the chassis are the same as with the aluminum chassis. I have been doing a lot of testing with it for the past couple of days and I am extremely happy with the results. It's probably a little more nimble than the aluminum chassis at the expense of a little stability. However, the lap times are very similar. If you are looking for an optional CF Chassis for you 6.2, you'll love it. My Car is consistently .15 seconds faster per lap with this chassis over the stock version.

-The shape of the chassis has been engineered so that the car can roll and pitch more naturally, increasing the traction and the steering of your TC6.2, which translates into more corner speed and stability.

-The chassis has been narrowed to 85mm to promote more roll in the corners as well as allow you to run lower ride height when necessary, both which help your TC corner faster.

-The battery position is pushed further back to promote more corner entry steering.

-The chassis is drilled to adapt an optional motor mount (coming soon)

-Optional keyed-in cf battery holders available.

-Drilled holes underneath the front bellcranks allow easy access to the inverted bellcrank screws. (This makes you life so much better if you have ever lost a screw.)
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What a great find this thread is... Having just purchased a NIB TC6.1 I'm excited to buy some custom upgrades for the chassis from Reflex Racing.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Solid day of testing with the rsd7 CF chassis yesterday. Much like with the aluminum chassis, the performance was superb. I think I kind of figured out the difference between the 2 chassis.

With the cf, the car feels more like a yokomo BD7. It actually has a lot of the same characteristics. Tons of steering and rotation, while still having very good stability. One thing that is very interesting is that the shock and swaybar package is the sam as what I run on my BD7 2014. The cf chassis balance is the best I have ever had on a 6.2. I have not had a chance to tune with the aluminum chassis as much, but by the end of the night I had so much bite last night that I was starting to traction roll. I believe the aluminum chassis would have helped with this. Adjusting the traction roll out of the car was not hard though.

Now, the aluminum chassis makes the car feel like a T4. You can feel the low cg helping out keeping the car planted.

I don't know which one I like more right now. But I do know that I am seling one of my yokomos so that I can get a second tc6.2. I never thought that day would come
Old 05-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I drove Cristian's car on Saturday (I was breaking in a new BD7 2014), to say the least I am impressed on how it drives! Very stable, nimble and carried tons of corner speed. I was hitting dots and not getting the car upset.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I just received word from the factory that our cf chassis and optional cf parts for the conversion are on the way. Unfortunately, the aluminum chassis will be delayed a week. We were not happy with the aluminum grade that they gave us, so we purchased swiss 7075 and sent it in, this delayed it a bit, but the product will be of much better quality.
Cristian, I know you said the aluminium chassis has been delayed and I'm happy that you are making sure the quality is high enough before shipping - do you have a shipping date in mind yet?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

I was told that the chassis should be here by Friday-Monday. They will ship as soon as they come in.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

I was told that the chassis should be here by Friday-Monday. They will ship as soon as they come in.
Can you post when they are being shipped please?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys

I am going to buy one of the new rsd7 chassis, but am not really sure which to get the cf or al ones

we race out door on un prepped ash felt, with medium grip. I would class the track as a technical infield with a nice midfield sweeper.

thanks for your opinions! 8)

Ed
Old 05-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Ed, I think the Carbon might be your best bet on this.

I really like my RSD7 CF chassis on our medium high grip carpet track. I am waiting on the production aluminum chassis myself to do the back to back comparo. I really like both of them, it's really hard to decide. However I would tend to favor the CF for medium grip asphalt. You just have a bigger tuning window.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for your honest comments Cristian, cf it is

Old 05-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Cristian.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last weekend we had a photographer at the track. He made some nice shots of my car which is equipped with the most important RSD parts (springs, bladders and battery hold down system):

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.